Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
I'm here in Vegas, and will be working with an old friend who was/is heading up the 190 swap knowledge base in Vegas, within the next two weeks. Can't wait. I hope to contribute to this site with things learned, in the very near future.

edit-

The guy out here in Vegas not only has a 190, but he swaps 2 or 3 out a week for friends and "customers", his current build in a grom clone, full grom plastics, has a Daytona 4v head, and been increased to 212cc. He's working on fuel injection for the 190 swap (or 212) for those who are interested in having FI. But he is a self-proclaimed carb guy. Why the ZS190? The kicker is the 5 speed transmission that you get with the 190, he says that's the game changer over the inexpensive big bore kits out there. Pretty interesting to follow, I don't have the time or energy he does. ha.
Pretty sure I know exactly who you're talking about. I'm waiting on him to get his ZS190s in. Got the money in hand and waiting.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #17

[QUOTE=wlfpck;285079]Had installed my exhaust a while back but forgot to update the thread. No modifications needed. Direct bolt-on.

Could you get a side view of your bike! Any chance of a short video of the engine running?

-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 08-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #18

[QUOTE=kirbo7106;288544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Had installed my exhaust a while back but forgot to update the thread. No modifications needed. Direct bolt-on.

Could you get a side view of your bike! Any chance of a short video of the engine running?

Let me get back home and I'll snap a photo. I can probably throw a video up on youtube of it running. I'll clear some time out this weekend. Got a new 2 month old puppy so got to watch him like a hawk or else it's puddles everywhere.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #19

[QUOTE=wlfpck;288712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post

Let me get back home and I'll snap a photo. I can probably throw a video up on youtube of it running. I'll clear some time out this weekend. Got a new 2 month old puppy so got to watch him like a hawk or else it's puddles everywhere.
What kind of puppy?
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 08-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #20

[QUOTE=kirbo7106;288734]
Quote:

What kind of puppy?
Mutt. Probably a Chihuahua/weiner dog and maybe basset hound mix. We got him from an animal rescue. Currently have 3 dogs... got the first from the rescue... later was looking for a friend for the dog and the same foster mom called and said they rescued this mom and baby... so now I have 3 dogs because we couldn't separate the mom and baby of course... so yeah... but that's it. no more dogs. lol

I'll get a video this weekend and throw it up on youtube.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #21

[QUOTE=wlfpck;288811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post

Mutt. Probably a Chihuahua/weiner dog and maybe basset hound mix. We got him from an animal rescue. Currently have 3 dogs... got the first from the rescue... later was looking for a friend for the dog and the same foster mom called and said they rescued this mom and baby... so now I have 3 dogs because we couldn't separate the mom and baby of course... so yeah... but that's it. no more dogs. lol

I'll get a video this weekend and throw it up on youtube.
More people should pick up rescue dogs. I have two. Just picked up a Chihuahua/yorkie mix about 3 months ago. Rescue dogs make the best pets.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #22

Had a mix lab but it dies 6 months ago at 13year old.
Didn't want another dog, but the kids talked me into another.
I said no more big dogs, and never had or wanted a small dog... now i have a 5 month old Malshi. Love this little guy!!!

note* dog was the same price as my Hellcat hahaha!
first dog i ever bought and first bike i ever bought happy with both.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:57 AM   #23

Quick video clip. Honda Dax exhaust. I have some seafoam in right now so the jetting is off with the seafoam in the tank.

Sound clip has idle and a little bit of low revs. It's pretty loud.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Quick video clip. Honda Dax exhaust. I have some seafoam in right now so the jetting is off with the seafoam in the tank.

Sound clip has idle and a little bit of low revs. It's pretty loud.
Is that with the baffle in it? Is it really loud?
might pick one up for the direct bolt on factor.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Is that with the baffle in it? Is it really loud?
might pick one up for the direct bolt on factor.
No baffle in. Currently have seafoam in but never added more gas to the tank. Thought my gas can was full and I was wrong. :|

It is definitely louder than stock. Is it too loud? That will depend on you... I think it's a bit loud at WOT. But for others... this may be just right. Problem is the stock exhaust is SUPER restrictive. This is also one of the exhausts that had the biggest muffler. So if you want even louder, they have the same exhaust with a shorter muffler if I remember correctly.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #26

Quote:
No baffle in. Currently have seafoam in but never added more gas to the tank. Thought my gas can was full and I was wrong. :|

It is definitely louder than stock. Is it too loud? That will depend on you... I think it's a bit loud at WOT. But for others... this may be just right. Problem is the stock exhaust is SUPER restrictive. This is also one of the exhausts that had the biggest muffler. So if you want even louder, they have the same exhaust with a shorter muffler if I remember correctly.
Ok thanks you! No i don't want really loud, a tolerable loud is ok ha.
Have you tried it with the baffle in?
curious, whats the seafoam for/do?

Old 08-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #27

Seafoam flushes out the carb bowl. Also flushes out the fuel tank and gets rid of any moisture in the tank.

I haven't ridden the bike in a month so I wanted to make sure nothing gunked up. I did a quarter bottle of sea foam... then realized my gallon gas can was empty... In retrospect, I should have rode to a gas station... filled up... then got home and added a little sea foam. :|

Old 01-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #28

Got some parts a week ago...

New Ohlins knockoff rear shock.

Magnetic oil plug and new tappet covers

Old 04-29-2019, 09:03 AM   #29

Well,

As of 4/28/2019... my bike has been sold.

Decided to sell it as most people with Groms/Z125/etc. are into stunting (wheelies and stuff). Not really something that I'm super into. I like just cruising around. As such, my bike has been sold and I'll be moving on to something else.

Bikes being considered...

Duke 390
cb300F
Benelli TNT135
CT70 clone

Don't know which direction I want to go. Would love to have something like a Braaap Superlite... but they don't seem to make it to the US.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #30

Suggestion?

Hey Duders,
I'm planning on getting this bike in the next week, just ordered off of Venommotorsportsusa and was curious since, this is the most recent thread for this bike, what immediate suggestions would any of you have for it? Initially, I'm getting into bikes is because I can no longer afford car insurance and the PMZ125-1 was eventually what I decided on. I need the transportation for a 30 minute commute to and from school and occasionally an hour commute to Atlanta (if I were to take the highway). I would have bought something more typical like a Honda Shadow 250 but alas I can only REALLY afford a scooter/moped at the moment. So I'm curious to know if you guys think this will really be the best bang for my buck? I'm not really a modder but I'm experienced and have plenty of help to be open to it, however I'm also curious about how long you think the lifespan is with just the stock parts or even if its worth using as my daily rider via stock parts? I already understand this is a little over my head (thanks to the redditors) but you all are very knowledgeable about this particular bike, so whaddya think?
Will it be safe for a good year just keeping maintenance on the stock parts? Or should I really consider some modifications if I want this for my daily long-term commuter?