Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2020, 04:13 PM   #1

Battery leaking

I filled up the battery to where it was supposed to be and every time
I ride the bike it leaks all over. Is there a reason this is happening ? A way to fix it ?

Here is what it looks like. https://imgur.com/a/t4aU8S6

Old 04-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #2

battery acid leaking during use is indicitive of overcharging boiling the battery dry...

Old 04-28-2020, 04:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
battery acid leaking during use is indicitive of overcharging boiling the battery dry...
2x
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #4

I agree that overcharging will cause leakage or boiling of electrolyte. When I recieved my TBR7 the battery was rolling around in its box inside the delivery truck. When I filled and topped off the charge I noticed a stream of acid leaking from around one of the terminals. After examining it closely I determined that it took a hit on that terminal causing the soft metal to shove into the case.
My solution was to slather a heavy coating of lexal caulk around the terminal. It no longer leaks and is now able to breath properly thru the vent on the side.
My question is: Where is the acid leaking from?

Old 04-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket tests View Post
I agree that overcharging will cause leakage or boiling of electrolyte. When I recieved my TBR7 the battery was rolling around in its box inside the delivery truck. When I filled and topped off the charge I noticed a stream of acid leaking from around one of the terminals. After examining it closely I determined that it took a hit on that terminal causing the soft metal to shove into the case.
My solution was to slather a heavy coating of lexal caulk around the terminal. It no longer leaks and is now able to breath properly thru the vent on the side.
My question is: Where is the acid leaking from?
It seems to be leaking from the little vent on the side. Anyone know what battery this is and where I can get a new one ?

Old 04-29-2020, 01:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSV View Post
It seems to be leaking from the little vent on the side. Anyone know what battery this is and where I can get a new one ?
Fix the rec/reg 1st if it's overcharging.
Don't know what exactly in there BUT 'net page always show 250cc Apollo / Orion is a wet 9Ah that similar to Yuasa YB9-B.
Measure the space available 1st & find something works. If don't mind changing wire terminal position, the "fits-all" YTZ7S copycat is 1 of the choice. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20893