Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #1

Apollo 250RX carburador tuning issues

My stock carburetor on my Apollo 250RX broke. I upgraded to the suggested VM26 30mm Mikuni carb. I’ve tried changing the jets to the 115 with 1.5 turns out, tried other jets, changed the float height, played with the mixture screw and I just can’t get it in tune. It bogs when you hit the throttle and gargles in high RPMs. I’ve also changed out the spark plug and air filter. Any suggestions on what I can do to get this in tune?

Old 03-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #2

I have a 2017 Apollo RX250 with the Mikuni VM26. I think if you are at an elevation of 50-950 ft these settings should be good. I have no issues with this set up, and the bike is stock.

* Pilot Jet - 27.5
* Needle Clip - Middle setting (slot 3)
* Main Jet - 120
* Air Screw is about 2 1/2 - 2 5/8 turns out.
* Float was not adjusted from factory setting

Hope this helps,

Douglass

Old 03-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #3

Needle clip?

Thank you I will try that tonight, also what do you mean when you say “needle clip”?

Old 03-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #4

On the slide (the part that the throttle cable attaches to) there is a needle with an e-clip. My Needle has five slots that the e-clip can clip into. I have the e-clip in the 3rd slot/middle slot.

Old 03-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #5

Did you go with the just the carb and install or did you go with the carb with the attached air filter?

Old 03-08-2020, 07:23 PM   #6

I went with just the carb but I have an outside air filter in the mail. I’ve been messing with it and I tried this. It still gargles but it I hold the throttle open it eventually revs up normally but the second I start moving it gargles the entire time I’m moving. I also just cleaned and oiled my current air filters.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:14 PM   #7

Got carb and jets in and install is complete! Not as scary as I first thought to mess with it. Still a pain getting it in and out because of the way the frame is on the Apollo. Went with a 115 jet and left the stock slow jet in replacement carb and after warm up, way more response in throttle and no bogging/dying. Can't wait to take it to the trails soon to get a full test in. I left the stock airbox and tube for now. Very excited to have this behind me for now. 1 3/4 turns out on the fuel mixture screw.

Was finally able to take it off half choke too. Stock carb, no choke was a pipe dream.

Thanks for the help and info from you all and helping a newbie learn some stuff!