Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2020, 01:35 AM   #1

Exclamation Whats the best place to buy parts for a Gio X31?

Hi there, I am currently in search of a website that sells piston rings, rear shocks, forks and plastic kit for my Gio X31. Also, can I use standard size rims 21/18?

Old 02-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #2

Welcome! Which Province are you in? Please show us a pic of your bike, and maybe we can guide you. Here's how: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14422

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-28-2020, 07:26 PM   #3

Photo of my Gio X31

Name:  87850159_483294775674671_6466671729165991936_n.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  92.5 KB

Old 02-28-2020, 08:55 PM   #4

The engine is a zongshen ,depending on if it’s an older model or newer model it would have either Showa suspension ,or fast ace ,although they are the bottom of the line stuff from either company ,but it’s possible they would be able to get you parts to rebuild what you have .There is a member on this site ,that is a gio dealer ,his name is flashlightboy ,he can help you with parts if you don’t want to search yourself .
As far as I know ,the wheels should be a direct swap as the same bike was also sold with the larger wheels ,but I have not done that myself ,and I haven’t compared the bikes side by side so do some more research .
Finally ,I do like those bikes ,they really were very good for the money ,but if you are planning on doing all the work you listed ,I would not bother fixing the bike as the cost will be more than the bike is worth ,although if you can locate a donor bike it would be worth looking into .I know you didn’t ask that ,but I call em like I see em .

Old 03-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #5

Measure from the front edge of the rear wheel to the swingarm; that'll tell you if you have another inch to move up to an 18". I've found plenty of engine parts on eBay for that motor. Search for CG250, but ensure that the bore size matches.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer