Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyRabbit View Post
Plasti Dip doesn't like petrol.
I figured as much.

I guess an optimistic way of looking at it is that petrol is good for removing Plasti-Dip.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #17

often the valves are too tight on new motors.

do you know how the choke operates? not that i think you run with the choke on, but it has happened. is it a flap or a pushbutton mechanism?
is the spark plug of the correct type and is it gapped correctly?
where does the needle hang?

after checking the valves and the heat range and gap of the plug, i d use the standard setup as a starting point and then experiment one by one with pilot, needleclip and main jet.

i d be inclined to go back to the original CDI for now, just to get the jetting right. if you ve change a number of things on a bike, it becomes hard to tell where the prob is.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #18

Took some more photos -

This is the world famous pub, you can see the TT from here, but it costs a small fortune.

[IMG][/IMG]

These are taken from the Steve Hislop Memorial.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the TT Grand Stand. I hijacked the photo part.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Kind of spoiled for photograph locations here... unfortunately the mountain road is closed so I can't get any of the epic scenes.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #19

So cool! Thanks for the pics.

BTW, the lettering on the rear of your seat can be removed with a little brake cleaner on a cloth.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #20

Thanks, I may take the letters off. It already confuses people though... they don't know what make it is.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #21

I've booked time on a dyno, so I'll tell you what BHP I have now/

Old 09-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #22

Cool! I hope the tires can bite into the dyno roller properly. That could be a struggle with a DS tread.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #23

Hi, I can't find the drain plugs on my front forks (except one side the other doesn't have one). I'm not sure, do I have to take the entire fork off to change the oil?

I've added a MTX-L to my bike, I take a photo tomorrow. It's pretty mad.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:54 AM   #24

I take them off and unscrew the caps.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasi_BG View Post
I take them off and unscrew the caps.
I do the same. It's not difficult to remove the forks, and you can more thoroughly drain the old fork oil if you remove the forks.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #26

Unfortunately I don't own a jack, or have anything to lift the wheel up.... I took some photos of the MTX-L.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The dash is already starting to rust. I added ACF40 to no avail.

For some reason Photobucket changed the privacy. Here's a link to the old photo album if anyone wants it.

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/tast...t/library/Bike

I forgot to add, tree sap has dripped all over my plastidip, and now my bike is petrol proof.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #27

I'm lovin' the O2 sensor and A/F gauge! Does it work well? Do you have a link to share with us?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #28

Do you have a couple ratchet straps and a garage with rafters?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
Do you have a couple ratchet straps and a garage with rafters?
No Garage..... Just the road and pavement (Americans say side walk).

The O2 Sensor works really, really well!!!!!!!! I cannot stress enough how good this thing is.

I was correct with my initial guess - the skyteam jet sizes are totally random - It would have been far cheaper to get a Mikuni Carb, but I had a lot of fun building the 02 sensor even though my hands are covered in burns. I've ordered new sizes of jets for tomorrow here are the sizes I think it will end up with :-

92-4 Main Jet
32-5 Pilot Jet

It started on 102 38... This makes no sense I know...... Ripping off everything Air filter exhaust etc should have done the opposite

I am definitely right though. Currently I read 10.5 at WOT and 75 mph. I could only do 50 with the 102 (Sky). I get 75 from 98 - 32.

Innovate MTX-L: Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge 3844 I got off Ebay - if your getting one get one with a shorter wire though.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #30

Whats that co2 Sensor for?
i think my jet size is way to big, i don`t need to use the choke at all on my Skyteam Raptor. I just need to look at the ignition-button and the engine is running like a charm, even when its cold outside. On the other hand, its high-speed is only 60mph (100km/h) . The Colour of the Spark-Plug ist ok though! I thought about installling a mikuni 30, but there are 2 wires on my throttle because the original Carburator has a thing which is called "beschleunigerpumpe " in German, i dont know the translation, maybe "acceleration-pump" ?? as far as i know, the mikuni does not have a "Beschleunigerpumpe" will that be a Problem?

It looks like you have installed a different CDI on your Bike? Whats the benefit of that?

I just ordered a new Clutch for my Raptor, the old one was wonky and adjusting it didnt help. Nobody told me that i needed a special tool to dissasemble it, so i also needed to order the tool before i could take the measurements of the clutch to make sure i order the right one. Maybe i should have asked my fellow Chinabikeriders befor starting the project.

greetings from Munich

Migu