Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2022, 05:48 AM   #1

Dual Sport Daytona TTK200 motorbike and ride in Vientiane Laos

Hi

I made a video on youtube about my Dual Sport Daytona TTK200 motorbike and then going for a ride in Vientiane Laos, where I am currently located

I am still fairly new to making youtube videos, so it is not perfect but I would really appreciate any advise or suggestions.

Any if anyone could subscribe to my channel I would be really appreciate it!

Laos shares a border with China and there are quite a few Chinese cars on the roads here which I have never seen before.

I hope you like my video. thanks very much for watching. As I get better at making videos I will try and put some more content up.

thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (861.4 KB, 197 views)

Old 08-08-2022, 08:25 AM   #2

The way it's set up, it strongly resembles a Lifan X-pect in many ways. If you can access parts from the US, Tusk makes a folding shift lever that would probably fit this bike. If not, maybe you can fit one from another local bike that comes with a folding lever.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Shift...M%2CB07FDZWZCC
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 08-08-2022, 10:14 AM   #3

very nice Jayjay80, and I agree it is very similar to the Lifan X-pect which also has a 197cc engine. The frame seat and tank and even the plastic fairing is very similar, but the engine looks a little different. Nice bike all the same, Who is the manufacturer, Qipai in China is the Lifan manufacturer.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
The way it's set up, it strongly resembles a Lifan X-pect in many ways. If you can access parts from the US, Tusk makes a folding shift lever that would probably fit this bike. If not, maybe you can fit one from another local bike that comes with a folding lever.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Shift...M%2CB07FDZWZCC

Thanks for the advice!

unfortunately its really hard to get anything delivered in Laos.

Thailand is easier, there is a SE Asian version of Amazon called Lazada. Or I visit the UK soon, can try Amazon there, which is pretty funny as China shares a border with Laos!

(I am British which you could probably figure out by my accent)

I bought it secondhand with the bent shifter, but it shifts fine so hasn't been an issue yet. I want to fix or replace the gauge's more TBH, that is the main issue as they cut out sometimes.

I might try some local bike shops.

cheers

Old 08-08-2022, 01:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
very nice Jayjay80, and I agree it is very similar to the Lifan X-pect which also has a 197cc engine. The frame seat and tank and even the plastic fairing is very similar, but the engine looks a little different. Nice bike all the same, Who is the manufacturer, Qipai in China is the Lifan manufacturer.

Thanks for the reply.

TBH the title just says 'Daytona'

I bought the bike second hand from a Lao guy, and my Lao/Thai Language skills are OK for basic things but I didn't get much detailed information.

There is a 'ZongShen' dealer in Vientiane Laos, or at least I found them on Facebook, haven't figured out where yet. Finding out stuff here can be hard going, I am curious myself.

I have seen the Hawk's and Tao-Tao brand on youtube channels such as Motocheeze, Bikes and Beards etc, there are some similarities, but I think my bike is closer to 200cc and it has a rear drum brake, but some things like the handlebars, tank, seat etc look very similar, so I am still trying to figure it out

Any pointers would be welcome!

BTW, their are actually cars manufactured by Lifan in Laos, including one that looks like they tried to copy the Mini Cooper but failed.

I plan to try and make another video about Chinese cars in Laos.

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 08-11-2022, 12:41 PM   #6

I hope it is OK to post here,

I visited a Motor show in Vientiane, Laos

No Chinese bikes but there are some Chinese car's, SUV's and Pickup's that were at the show. Also some very attractive looking Lao models!

I will try and find some more Chinese Bike video content for my channel also.

Also I have ordered a proper helmet mount for my GoPro so I hope to do some more riding video's around Vientiane and Lao on my TTK200 in the future also.

Still trying to teach myself how to edit video's for Youtube so any constructive criticism is welcome.

Many thanks

Jay

Old 09-16-2022, 12:44 AM   #7

my Daytona TTK200 had been having some starting issues, so I got the battery swapped out yesterday at a typical street side repair shop in Vientiane Lao.

Thought I would post as the style of repair shop in SE Asia might be interesting for people on the forum to see!

the cost was about $15 USD including fitting for a 'GS Battery' which is a Japanese brand.

Since I got it done it has been much easier to start the bike, and the gauges seem a bit more stable too.

Under the seat looked so dirty, as some stage I will take the seat off again and try to clean it up under there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (168.4 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg b2.jpg (218.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg b3.jpg (171.9 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg b4.jpg (165.6 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg b5.jpg (151.2 KB, 137 views)

Old 09-25-2022, 12:39 PM   #8

went for a ride outside Vientiane city on some typical Lao rural dirt roads with my Lao girlfriend on my Daytona TTK200 in Laos today, nothing too challenging, but good fun. Since the new battery its running really well. Will do an oil change and check the chain soon.

It's towards the end of the rainy season in Lao now so hoping to get more riding in soon, and I plan to get a helmet mount for my gopro and get some video footage.

cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1664123006170.jpg (152.0 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1664123017919.jpg (150.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1664123024061.jpg (130.0 KB, 122 views)