Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #1

ECU tuning for the RX3

Hello to all, I know a lot of you have been asking me for the PCHUD software to work with the Delphi MT05 EFI on these bikes. But I am here to let you know that there is a newer software out there that can be used with your newer computers operating system, 64 bit, and you can not only read your codes and clear them, but you can also edit your tune!
I am including a few pics from the ECU map of a 2017 RX3 to show you the mapping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rx3 map.jpg (81.1 KB, 1186 views)

Old 10-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #2

Here are a few more of the many different areas you can modify or adjust
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rw3 pic.jpg (64.9 KB, 1157 views)
File Type: jpg rx3 2.jpg (72.2 KB, 1152 views)

Old 10-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #3

having never tuned a bike before (decades of old school carbed bikes), what would this acheive or change on our efi RX3's? Please don't laugh at my ignorance. I typically have left my previous efi bikes stock in regards to tuning. This is wayyyy out of my knowledge realm, but am willing to learn a bit.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:21 PM   #4

It could potentially remove any lean spots introduced by pollution regulations and/or any errors in tuning. There would have to be things to fix however, it's not like you can improve it if it's already correct. It's all about maintaining proper air/fuel ratios at all speeds and conditions.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #5

Actually very good news. But, you'd need a dyno and an operator that knew the software and bike to get the best out of it. The stock map is supposedly really good but if at some point performance parts emerged this is a necessary tool.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #6

So whats the "newer software" and where can it be found already... "nobody likes a tease" after all

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #7

250uty

At this moment I have the red interface cable from China, is this program will work with this cable?

Can I change the Idle speed with this program?

Old 10-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #8

You can change the idle speed, you can change the rpm limits, the Air fuel ratio, the bottom end fuel lean condition, idle air fuel control valve limits, timing, better mid range power, fix stalling problems, diagnose in more detail with codes showing that do not show up with generic readers. I have gone to a dealer who was only able to pull up one code. with this software I was able to pull up 7 different OBD 2 codes. I was able to clear codes the dealer could not. I was able to re-flash a 'faulty' ecu and it works fine now.

Yes in order to properly tune a motorcycle, you would need a dyno and someone who knows how to tune ECU's, but most dyno shops have those people around. They would just use this software to produce a tune for you. You would bring a laptop with the software in it, and let the dyno tuner use it to get the most out of your bike. You can copy and keep a stock flash in case you ever want to go back to the OEM tune. It does a lot, but yes, you would need to have someone who knows a little about ECU tuning with a dyno. I would check your local dyno service center and ask them what they would charge to use your software and tune your bike.

I will be selling the data adapter cables soon, I just ran out this week. they run $45. I sold out this week.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #9

Ok this is looking good.

So if you have the cable + software + instructions I would like to buy this pack for my Zongshen RX3 ( Honley RX3)

Can you send to Europe ( London)?

Old 10-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #10

Will it be reasonable to work up a tune on one bike at a specific altitude and then apply that to other bikes? I did a simple ECU add-on for my CBR1100XX that really helped. Once we did that on the dyno, others just used my settings. But it was a simpler mod that only added fuel at certain RPM, not a full tune.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur94 View Post
Ok this is looking good.

So if you have the cable + software + instructions I would like to buy this pack for my Zongshen RX3 ( Honley RX3)

Can you send to Europe ( London)?
If you need any other RX3 parts I can send to you also.
I’m keen to find out the cost of this tuning software as well but I’d say you need tech skills or you’ll go wrong easily

Old 10-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #12

A friend's son sells these dynos to which you refer. He also teaches how to use and tune with dynos. Long history of very positive consequences. If you folks organize a class with enough students to make it worth his while I'm sure you would get your money out of it.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
A friend's son sells these dynos to which you refer. He also teaches how to use and tune with dynos. Long history of very positive consequences. If you folks organize a class with enough students to make it worth his while I'm sure you would get your money out of it.

Price please
I’m keen

Old 10-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #14

I have seen some significant improvements from dyno tuning other motorcycles. Specifically, Ducati and Guzzi had problems with surging, stalling, popping on decel and O2 ranging from rich to lean to rich again. With much effort those problems were eliminated but it took quite a bit of time both on the dyno and with some real time data logging (actually riding the bike while logging the ECU performance). If you have issues with how the RX3 runs this is a great solution. I don't. If you have done a significant mod to the drive train (big bore kit, exhaust, cams, etc) this is a great idea in order to get the most out of your bike. Mine is stock. For me the only reason to invest in the cable and software is to be able to trouble shoot my bike easier than trying to read the blinking code lights. Sooner or later I'll be faced with electrical or mechanical stuff that fails and being able to pinpoint exactly where the problem exists....priceless! Oh, and in almost every case the re-map resulted in lower miles per gallon.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 AM   #15

Interested for my RX3, now that it has the big bore kit in it, I'm sure it would benefit from a tune
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member