Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2016, 11:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckayprod View Post
I thought I was the only one who dislikes the stock seat cover material. I'm saving my shekels for that "tall" seat.
I have the narrow seat. I hoped it would help my feet reach the ground a bit more easily.

But the main reason I bought another seat is that I think the the stock seat material is ugly and cheap looking.

It detracts from the quality look of the rest of the RX3.

jb

Old 06-30-2016, 08:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
I have the narrow seat. I hoped it would help my feet reach the ground a bit more easily. jb
jb, did the seat not drop you a bit? Also, did you ever feel like the stock seat rolled you towards the tank? i was going to order the narrow seat, but i'm hesitant.

I wonder if I order both seats, would CSC allow for a mock install just to see how the seating position would change? I wonder if they would accept a return on the one that wouldn't work. Guess I'll have to find ask.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 06-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
jb, did the seat not drop you a bit? Also, did you ever feel like the stock seat rolled you towards the tank? i was going to order the narrow seat, but i'm hesitant. ......
The narrow seat is not any lower than the stock seat.

The nose of the seat is narrower at the front allowing your legs a straighter path to the ground.

I also have installed the lowering link, and with my 30" inseam, I can touch the balls of my feet to the ground on both sides of the bike.

Note: you can also raise, or lower the seat by adjusting the rear shock preload.

I was considering the tall seat because, as you mentioned, the stock seat and the narrow seat feel like they push you forward towards the tank.

jb

Old 06-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
The narrow seat is not any lower than the stock seat.

The nose of the seat is narrower at the front allowing your legs a straighter path to the ground.

I also have installed the lowering link, and with my 30" inseam, I can touch the balls of my feet to the ground on both sides of the bike.

Note: you can also raise, or lower the seat by adjusting the rear shock preload.

I was considering the tall seat because, as you mentioned, the stock seat and the narrow seat feel like they push you forward towards the tank.

jb
I have the narrow seat...I think it is flatter in the sitting area and doesn't push me as forward as the stock did.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzhere View Post
I have the narrow seat...I think it is flatter in the sitting area and doesn't push me as forward as the stock did.
That's another thing I noticed about the tall seat also. It doesn't roll me forward near as much. Either that or with the flatter surface, it seems that way. I need to put on more miles.

With the foot pegs back a bit and then being rolled forward leaning on your arms, you're almost slightly "crotch-rockety" in your posture. It made for great cornering but for casual riding and cruising, it was not the most comfy position.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350