Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Does anyone know for certain if the front brake upgrade truly "fixes" the issue? I'd hate to spend a bunch of $$$ on something that's just a mild improvement. For how inexpensive the CSC parts are, the big front brake is an investment.
The upgraded Big Brake Kit actually feels pretty darned good to me. It firms up the feel on the lever and makes it a two finger operation. It is an improvement over the stock broke rotor with the sintered pad. Just make sure to really, really clean the brake rotor well with carb cleaner (or other solvent) before mounting. That was my problem - I failed to clean it well and was not sure why it wasn't performing better. I cleaned it very well with solvent and then bed in the pads. Works great now and I get plenty of nose dive when applying a firm grip on the brake lever.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #17

According to the specs and pictures the front line is SS. That means that it is a rubber hose wrapped in SS mesh. That reduces the bulging of the hose. The hose can still bulge if the mesh is not tight enough. It might be benificial to check the hose while aplying the brake to see if it bulges.

Edit-teflon is usually used as the inner core rather that rubber. I would still check the line for any movement while braking to eliminate that variable.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #18

All good thoughts and input!

I may pick up a Goodridge brake line next time I'm running errands in Sac. I ran them on my old Harley's front disks and they worked great. Not as costly as one may think either.

I do have a new master cylinder (and clutch lever assy) coming....if it ever arrives. I'm curious to see if (what's supposed to be) a larger bore may also help.

The curious part is the front rotor appears more than large enough to dissipate enough inertia and heat and the pads/caliper should be more than adequate for stopping a 250, even a fairly weighty one. It's not like we're trying to stop a fatty KLR here or something like that.

In all honesty, I don't ride near as aggressively as I once did so under regular riding, it's ok...but a front brake is pretty dang important when one really needs it to perform.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350