Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2009, 03:17 AM   #31

No, not until 2013. I should've done the passport long ago but never get around to it.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #32

Yes, i TIG welded that whole car, it was a PITA but it was work the extra time, on all the other micro's we used to preheat to 400deg and then MIG it, TIG is still the best for the 4130 chromoly tubing that is used in all the micro's, yes it's a 2 stroke 570cc fan cooled twin cylinder Suzuki from an Arctic Cat sled and the drive was also snowmobile issue.
I got my dirt fix a few weeks ago when the World of Outlaws Sprint cars were at a track an hour away for a 2 day show, it was awesome.

As for the 50cc mini quad, my little guy had a great time riding it all weekend in the backyard, that tether on the back came in handy a few times to keep him out of the fence. All in all i'm very pleased with this quad and now must look for a toy for dad, how big are those 110cc mini hummers?, i'm 5'11" 175lbs.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
As for the 50cc mini quad, my little guy had a great time riding it all weekend in the backyard, that tether on the back came in handy a few times to keep him out of the fence. All in all i'm very pleased with this quad and now must look for a toy for dad, how big are those 110cc mini hummers?, i'm 5'11" 175lbs.
The mini hummers are relatively the same size as the 50cc. They have a bit wider seat, and taller tires but from what I've seen they appear to share some similar elements.

They are neat though, with the front and rear racks. I'd say you could ride one around, although you might get uncomfortable after a while.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #34

At 5'11", I would say don't even. Buy something more suited to your size, like a 200cc Beast; they're cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #35

I wish I knew about this site before I assembled my 50 cc Gio. I had to tighten chain. It was really loose and fell off a few times. But managed to do it! Someone as "mechanically stupid as me."

The front brakes are posing a problem though. They don't work. I'm assuming I must tighten them somehow. Also, the cble coating is worn through after a couple of rides as the cable rubs against the rime and tire.

Any help on these two issues - front brake tightening and the wearing of the cables on the rims would be greatly appreciated. Did I mess up somewhere. Unfortunately, turbo, it's the one picture you don't show. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #36

Rear Axle Tubes

First of all I think this site is great.

I have found a lot of great tips already.

I did come up with a solution to stop the rattling tubes. I measured the diameter of the rear axle spline and went to a local metal supplier and purchased smaller inside tubing. The new tubes just slide over the spines with minimal clearance and no more rattle.
thanks

Old 06-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #37

TUBES RATTLE.. OIL DRAIN

For the oil drian.. the one with the spring applys pressure on the cam gear.. so do not loose it.. and for the tubes rattling ,, I put washers between the tubes & the hubs.. I see the hub cap washers on yours are differnet than what I get from the zstar factory.. mine on the other way from yours.. I do not know what is the better way??? for the 10-40.. I get mine at CTC... What was the price for the 50 cc that you got??? I also double nut the exhaust manifold studs with self locking nuts... nylon nuts.. they have been know to come loose... and I also replace the cotter pins with better ones.. also check all the tie rods & king pins( bolts) I add some thin washers to take up some play.. fuel stalibiler is good to always add in your fuel... protects the carb

Old 06-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #38

Since i went thru the trouble of scanning the manual for another thread i thought i would post it here too.