Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #16

Here are the recordings. I had to break it into two sections (revving up and revving down) due to file size limitation. The vibration is at 6 seconds on the up file. The vibration is approximately at 3 or 4 seconds on the down file.

Again, I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas.

Thanks!

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip ATV NOISE DOWN.zip (70.7 KB, 241 views)
File Type: zip ATV NOISE UP.zip (93.2 KB, 185 views)

Old 08-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #17

Question

Difficult to make anything of the sound clips (sounds good for a ring tone )

If you say The vibration is so much, it is difficult to hold onto the handlebars. I would say it's time to crack into the motor. If it is coming from the engine like you say it can't live like that long and something is going to go to popcorn in there soon.

It sounds like it's running well enough that it is not a loose piston ring , that would be smoking and carrying on

probably above my pay grade as Mr. Obama has mentioned.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-06-2016, 04:00 AM   #18

Mine vibrates like crazy too. My feet go numb from it vibrating so bad. I've messed with the engine mounts for hours

Old 12-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #19

Our TForce has floorboard vibration issue at high RPMs as well. Did anyone figure out a solution ?

Old 12-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #20

I don't have that specific quad, but I can offer a couple of ideas. Switch to aluminum bars to absorb more of the vibration, install a set of gel grips and wear gloves that are intended for use with impact tools. If you install gel grips that are intended for a motocross bike, you'll need to trim the thumb guard off to clear the thumb throttle. I have a pair of Mechanix M-Pact and a pair of Makita (can't recall the model name) gloves. They do a good job.

The next thing is to try and operate the engine above or below the vibrating range. What is the current sprocket ratio setup? Maybe increasing a tooth on the countershaft sprocket will do the trick.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #21

Did anyone find anything out? I have the same issue.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #22

vibration

the main thing is they do not balance the engine too much.. it can not be fit.. learn to live with it..too many things involed...clutch balance etc...

Old 04-01-2019, 10:36 AM   #23

I just got the same atv for my daughter for Christmas and she doesn’t even like riding it because the vibration. It vibrates your feet and hands numb.
Definitely from the engine you can feel it through the shifter knob it does it while moving or at idle in neutral check the valves & motor mounts, chain alighnment it does it with the chain off.. It sucks to buy something brand new and deal with this wish I would’ve bought a used Honda.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:07 AM   #24

How do your engines mount to the frame? I currently have a 2017 Coolster, and a 2018 Apollo Commander. Both use the rear mount, and the four on the bottom of the engine. I think while I was watching the Video of the unit on youtube, it looked like it mounts to the frame by just the one upper mount hole, and the rear mount hole. Is it possible that engine is not supported enough?

Old 05-14-2023, 08:41 PM   #25

My GIO 125 vibrates so bad it has snapped engine bolts, stripped the shifter handle, broke the exhaust clean off. I’ve put a new head on because the spark plug hole stripped out after one spark plug change and this was brand new, mine runs okay idling then at a certain RPM vibrates so bad your hands hurt. My kid loves this thing and I want to grenade it. I have had Zero support from anyone on warranty if it is a bad engine. I wish I never bought this thing.

Old 06-07-2023, 01:36 PM   #26

I recently rebuilt a TaoTao 125cc with vibration issues in a specific RPM range. I've seen threads where people discuss the motor being mounted direct to the frame and that being a poor design for vibration. I was a little confused because mine has two attachment points where the bike has tabs and the motor has a through bore on the top and rear bottom. A bolt goes through the mount in to the motor and out the other side back in to the mount. There's a rubber bushing pressed in to the motor. I'm assuming this is not the scenario people describe as being 'mounted direct to the frame'. It appears maybe there's a configuration out there where bolts come up through the bottom of the frame directly in to the motor with no rubber grommets?

Anyhow, now that you know the type of mount style I have, how would you improve on it? I'm not a motor mount guy, but I am a fabricator. I can easily modify the mounting system but not sure what to do to improve it. It would have to be rigid enough that the chain doesn't get sloppy and tight as the motor moves, but cushioning enough that vibration don't pass from the poorly balanced motor to the bike. Anyone have an ideal mount they would make for these ATVs to more successfully isolate the motor from the frame?

Old 08-01-2023, 02:23 PM   #27

Motor vibs

Hello... I am surprised that no welder and mechanic have come up with a new engine mount system.. YES.. the motor bolts right to the frame.. no rubber mounts.. and the new motors have rubber bushings in the case where it hangs from the frame.. so some builder could come up with a new motor mounting system,, to absorb the vibs.. but to make it fit and just bolt on... NO.. not going to happening. the motors are not balanced like the HONDA and others.. cheap motors.. can anyone look and post how HONDAS ARE MOUNTED???..... YES.. some are worse than others