Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #16

Well I finally got some time Thursday evening to work on this thing. I think I've narrowed it down to a bad Stator. This would explain why it just "died". I completely dismantled the harness and found that there were a few burned ground wires in it. My tought is that the cooling fan shorted due to the melted wires and that spread like wildfire throught the harness and took out the stator. At least what I think.

I measured the stator on two of my other atvs and found that they tend to put out about 30 volts AC. This one on the Loncin 300 doesn't barely put out anything. One plus to this is that I had to trace all the wiring and untaped it all. I now have a much nicer and better harness. I just loved the sh#tty little soldering connections they do for the mass of ground and power connections in the original harness. I simplified it all up and made a much smaller tighter harness.

On a side note I also realize that this big 300 doesn't have reverse. It won't even shift down into it. Anyone have any experience with these and how much of a job is it to fix reverse on a Loncin 300?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #17

I've split a few cases before, but I've never dealt with reverse. Can't be much harder. I wonder if you have a bent shift fork.

What is your engine based on?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-09-2016, 08:07 AM   #18

Wiring diagram?

TACyJAC1999 coukld you please send me that pdf of the wiring diagram I am at benkohn @ prodigy . net. I would so appreciate it.
ben