Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #1

LF250b, is it a virago / vstar ??

I am looking at the Li fan 250 b or the Zongshen Vstorm 250, and only those, no others are in my sights right now. I am leaning to the Li fan because I hear that it can take virago/vstar parts. Is that true?

I'm mostly looking to get a K&N filter and perhaps after market exhaust for it right out of the shoot, and was looking for any recommendations. Perhaps even an engine guard.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #2

I have heard the same and I believe for the most part it is true. It shares alot with the 250 virago.

Just compare pics of the two bikes and you will see what looks similar.

Allen

Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #3

both are yamaha clones, i would bet that all three would exhange motor parts completely. mostly i would go with whatever dealer you like best, anf whichever bike suits you
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #4

What are you finding for price? The V star comes with an engine guard. This should be a great piece of research for all of us. Where do you live? Phil says the Zong company is a good and quality company.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #5

zong seems to have a good distributor. i have no problems with the quality of lifan or zong and i must say that after the phone call yesterday that MAYBE al might be helpful, no results but at least they answered. as for the air filter and exhaust change that may be a problem, i havent gotten the pleasure of experance with lifan as i have with the zong, so i will only use the zong and maybe a lifan person will comment on them the carb on the vstorm is downdraft breaths through the backbone on the frame and connects to the air filter behind the chrome thing that looks like it came off the old vmax. as for the exhaust maybe the rear pipe, that is the one you see is a dummy. the real pipe is burried deep in the frame and connects at a right angle. you might get some improvements with a diffrent muffler but messing with the intake would make it look real bad i may be able to get some pics if you want to see

Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #6

yes you read correct i said a positive about american lifan 8O (but im still waiting for results) you have to give credit where credit is due

Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #7

I live in ft. lauderdale and am pricing out the engine guards. There's a local shop that is helping me. I'll definitely spec out all the parts and report back accordingly, thanks for the input.. for now it looks like the 250b for me.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #8

I will repeat a few of my earlier post questions.

What are you finding for price? The V star comes with an engine guard. This should be a great piece of research for all of us. Where do you live? Phil says the Zong company is a good and quality company.

Do a bunch of research, cause it will pay off. I will be very curious to see what bike you choose, and why.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #9

Hey! There is a requirement here that you tell us what is happening on your search! I don't have a real life and cant wait to see what you are learning.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #10

Dont you think its a little unfair to me, and other dealers to ask what price im finding

Old 09-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #11

I have to think about that Phil, You are a knowledgeable dealer and you need to make a living. If I were near you I would definably buy form you. My nature is to see what these are selling for, to help me figure out how much I would have to pay. I will think some more on it, and give a yes or no answer.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #12

ill do you one better you tell me what you think is a reasonable profit, think about it if you need, but be careful i might set the hook if you bite but if your intrested ill try to make it work
P.S. i thought you werent asking me the question but i think everybody needs a answer, even me

Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #13

Phil,

I think a reasonable profit on a bike would be 30 percent. That would be based on you getting in the middle of potential warranty problems. This would be figured on the cost of it to you in the crate. I think if you did sell them in the crate then 10 percent would be OK, but then you as a dealer should not be held responsible for repair and parts.

You are a great asset to the bike companies and to your customer. That is worth a great deal.

I personally don't see a problem with talking price on the forum, as it just gives us a ball park figure on what these cost under a variety of conditions. I have been in business for years, my answer to those who want my product for less is, "I can't sell it for less and guaranty the overall product"

I do have a problem with people saying they bought a Zong Sierra for $900 and then not telling us the rest of the story. I will call that person a liar and a trouble maker, because there is no way anyone can buy one for that under normal circumstances. I gave him time to respond to that claim and he did not. His credibility is in serious doubt.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #14

i will give this fair consideration, due to some recent problems some of that being zongshen, (when a forum member here can get tired of waiting on me to get a lens and can get it from zong quicker that i can get the right part and i order the right part the day after i was told SOMETHINGS ARE WRONG) i checked jet moto and they are out of stock on EVERYTHING. I have to ask myself if this is worth the fight. but heres the way i see it. your 30% is about right, you cant or i cant sell something and leave the buyer on his/her own some issues have to be adressed even with in the crate by the time i get everything rolling its seems i have about 3 hours in phone calls but i will say this if i could do something around $250 in a drop ship i wouuld come out if everything goes smooth, no damages, and everything works. there is a lot of expenses no one figures in, at least to be legal in my state anyhow. now if you count and figure in expenses my time at 2hrs it works out to less than 10% profit. keep in mind that that figure for profit is combining the serria and the storm and taking a average. sorry about the business lesson im not even sure how much of that is correct, and im wondering if im not figuring something wrong, but i will be real clear on this i can not, have not but would like to buy a serria for $900 setting in the crate at my shop. i even had one (seer) picked up in CA. and they billed me more, but im not about to say someone couldnt business's go out and sellout everyday
sorry about the rant. one more on price im not sure on my cost for a storm but if you want one (i have 2) and youll take what i have in stock put together running and you have 2k you might get a bike and a helmet one really needs to go

Old 09-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #15

Thanks for the reply Phil. I do this for fun, but for you this is part of your business, and it is late on a Saturday night and you are still working. Life is a challenge, but keep hanging in there. Good luck selling that 250, and that is a heck of a bike for that money.