Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #1

Thumbs Up 2007 gio 110cc quad. charging issue

Hey everyone. First off. Thanks for the help getting my quad started when I had my no spark issue. Now that the little guy is running (and runs great btw.) I noticed that it's not charging the battery. I'm sure the stator is fine. So my question is, what else causes a no charge issue? Is the rectifier responsible taking the high voltage and using it to charge the battery? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:25 AM   #2

Yeah, I'd certainly try a new reg / rec. The price is right.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #3

charging

first before you spend any money.... use a ohm meter,,, and check the charging at the battery,,,, check battery voltage first before you start the motor........ then start it,... see if the voltage increases when it is running and rev it up.... turn the lights on if it shows that it is charging...... and you show see a small discharge....... make sure your battery is good.... if it is not good it may show that it is taking a small charge but it may be under charged or can not hold a charge.... Buying a regulator would be a waste if it is another problem... if you have someone with another atv you can just switch the regulator to check... not very often is it the regulator... a lot of times it is the battery.. it is up to the battery to tell the regulator that it needs a charge to let the stator send a charge to the battery.... check things out before you buy SPARE PARTS....

Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #4

That's some great advice guys. Thanks alot!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #5

I have found that having spare parts is NOT a bad thing.

Tags
110cc, charging, gio