Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by migu View Post
It looks like you have installed a different CDI on your Bike? Whats the benefit of that?

I just ordered a new Clutch for my Raptor, the old one was wonky and adjusting it didnt help. Nobody told me that i needed a special tool to dissasemble it, so i also needed to order the tool before i could take the measurements of the clutch to make sure i order the right one. Maybe i should have asked my fellow Chinabikeriders befor starting the project.

greetings from Munich

Migu

Hi Migu,

I got the CDI from OOracing in the UK (£50). The CDI advances the timings by 5 degrees, which apparently is alot (I asked someone).

The jets should arrive for my bike tomorrow and I'll put them in and tell you the difference.

I installed the O2 sensor so I could precisely calibrate the tune from the Carb, as the jets were all wrongly numbered and I was getting very confused......

I looked at a Mikuni Carb too, but it didn't look the same so I left it alone. Maybe someone else can tell us if they fitted it.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #32

Quote:
Whats that co2 Sensor for?
i think my jet size is way to big, i don`t need to use the choke at all on my Skyteam Raptor. I just need to look at the ignition-button and the engine is running like a charm, even when its cold outside. On the other hand, its high-speed is only 60mph (100km/h) . The Colour of the Spark-Plug ist ok though! I thought about installling a mikuni 30, but there are 2 wires on my throttle because the original Carburator has a thing which is called "beschleunigerpumpe " in German, i dont know the translation, maybe "acceleration-pump" ?? as far as i know, the mikuni does not have a "Beschleunigerpumpe" will that be a Problem?
Exactly right; your stock carb has an accelerator pump, but the Mikuni does not. The accelerator pump helps with cold starts, but the Mikuni will work well once it is set up properly. It is a very low price risk, and you can always go back to you your original carb.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-18-2014, 12:24 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyRabbit View Post
Innovate MTX-L: Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge 3844 I got off Ebay - if your getting one get one with a shorter wire though.
How short?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-18-2014, 04:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
How short?
I'm not really sure, because the wire is short from the sensor, then goes into a box, changes gauge and onto another wire that's like 6 foot long. I guess that's the wire you want to change to like 3 foot or something - or splice it, but then you loose all of the pretty cabling they did for you.

I here they sell a smaller model.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #35

Quote:
...Nobody told me that i needed a special tool to dissasemble it, so i also needed to order the tool before i could take the measurements of the clutch to make sure i order the right one. Maybe i should have asked my fellow Chinabikeriders befor starting the project...
Make that tool if skilled: http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=220753

Old 09-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #36

I can't get the bike to start.......

I'm not sure what's wrong. I've tried different spark plugs. All I did was change the jets and change them back again when it didn't work. I checked the CDI by using the standard one as well.

Does anyone know how to disable all the kill switches on the bike to test that.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #37

What readings do you get for standard prerequisites: fuel and spark?

After running the starter for a while, take out the plug, and check if it's wet? If yes, plug the cable on it, put its side ONLY next to something metal from the bike and crank the starter to see if there's spark.

See this video for example:

Old 09-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #38

I'm not getting a spark from the plugs, or from a screwdriver as a tester....

I think a kill switch (safety) is stopping it.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #39

maybe the killswitch from the sidestand?

Old 09-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
naa, bought one!

Old 09-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #41

I got it working.......... It was the cable from to the Spark plug............. it fell off at the start.

I spent at least ten hours today trying to get it to start.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #42

I'm sure that we've all been stumped like that.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #43

Hi Again,

I had a party to goto in France; so I decided to ride the bike down...

I rode from the Isle of Man all the way to Valence in Southern France when the engine exploded on the motorway!

There is a crack along the entire engine and no compression. Ill take some photos later; but I have to cycle to the internet cafe 10km away on a friends bike.

Im pretty sure the engine is dead: The piston still moves though. I spoke to a friend and he said I ran the engine too hard for too long. Im not sure though; I did about 1500 km ish in a row; it seemed to run fine the entire time and the fuel mix was 13.3 the entire way.

Does anyone know what other engines will fit on the bike? I think I may need a new one.

On the plus side it did between 120 - 135 km/h the entire way.... I think thats what killed it though:

Old 10-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #44

So sorry to hear that. At least you have a cool story to go with it; not many of us can say we were riding to a party in France!

You can easily bolt in a CG230 engine in, but the performance won't be quite the same. BTW, your engine is also about 230cc, AFAIK.

You can also buy the parts on Taobao to repair your exisiting engine.

I'm shocked that you were able to maintain 120-135 km/h!

Old 10-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #45

Wow, 120 km/h is the "red" zone on the speedometer! I think you really pushed it too hard for too long...