Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters

Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #1

Baodaio QT-9A 50cc

It came up last minute, but Excalibur is sending me a Baodaio 50cc QT-9A scooter to be used as the main prize in a raffle for a local Yuma group home for abused girls and young women. It should be here by Friday. I get to put the beast together, and test ride it. I won't review it due to me wanting to put on as few miles (actually feet and yards) as possible to keep it in new condition. Ok, maybe a mile or two. There is actually a youtube video of a walkaround and Wade riding it around Excalibur's industrial park on Excalibur's link of the scooter below, but I will try to take photos of how it comes and me (attempting) to piece it together before Monday. Monday, the organization raffling it is having a ribbon cutting ceremony for the community to see the new home they are moving into. I am hoping to have it together by then so it can be introduced as the prize (the raffle won't be for a month or so). Wish me luck...

http://atv4usa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BD50QT-9A

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 08-27-2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: add in link

Old 08-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #2

I think you need to ride it a few miles just to be sure everything is together.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #3

Agreed. Just disconnect the speedometer for some light cruising and testing.

Sharp looking scoot.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #4

I think that a Chinariders sticker needs to be included too.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #5

The good thing is the bike will still probably get here Friday, but I forgot about the state (federal US) holiday on Monday, so the ribbon cutting isn't happening until 9/8 giving me a week to break her in--disconnected odometer and all! Funny about the chinariders stickers--I bought some waaaaaaaay back when, so do they still exist? I never attached mine to my Jetmoto 200 enduro or my VT500, but I bet they are long gone :(

I am working on a TMEC 200 for another raffle, so will keep you posted! I would like to see the Tao Tao quads on Excalibur's site in person, so that will probably a few months raffle down the line...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #6

Bike is (finally) in the driveway now. Could not pick it up on Friday before the business who volunteered to receive the bike closed, so had to wait for today. Only got so far as removing the cardboard, taking a couple bolts off the steel frame, and taking out the box that holds the trunk which had the battery and some other stuff conveniently locked inside of it to save shipping space. I did not get to much of anything, and not looking forward to working on it after work due to the late summer heat. My goal is to have it put together and running by Monday 9/8--the ribbon cutting for the new home/shelter for girls. There will be many local dignitaries and donors, etc. I am sure there will be an initial surge in raffle sales, so hopefully we can pay off Excalibur quickly so he will consider doing such sales in the future. The woman who runs the home already has 1000 raffle tickets printed up, but she managed to get the name completely wrong (Baodiao) even though she has the link to the bike, AND I spelled it out for her twice on the phone?! I don't know the actual drawing date, but I think the goal is to sell the tickets for $5, so 'profit' for the home will be over $4k, in theory.

I have photos of the box, the box removed, and a few things unwrapped and un-taped from the steel crate. That is it so far. Once I get to dig in more, I will take more photos. Since my camera is an old-fashioned stand-alone camera, and I have to remove the chip to download into a computer, you guys will have to wait until I have time to do all of these steps--I hope the wait will be worth it (the step by step should be useful for someone who mail-orders one and feels slightly intimidated by the process, since pretty much every Chinese scooter is made nearly identically).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #7

I know the process with the camera and my ancient computer.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #8

Ok, so the front wheel went on pretty easy, and then it was time to put the wiring together. Alan from Excalibur told me that it will be difficult because Baodiao does not have a manual for assembly. Most of the wiring simply connected together, and it came down to two double wires that you had to figure out to put them on receiving wires. I played around and it was suddenly ready to start! No gas in the tank (yet) so just checked turn signals brake light, and headlights (headlights and taillights on scooters only come on when the engine is running, but I could see the headlights attempting to come on when I pushed the starter button, so know I am on the right track!

I was told not to put the front panel on until I have the wiring squared away, so I will keep it off until I put gas and change the oil and make sure the bike's electrics are doing what they are supposed to be doing! I believe it will be up and running for the raffle, although I just need it to look nice sitting even if something is not working under the body panels. I think these things are fairly stout, so am not worried. I know it is not like the Lintex 50cc BWS I put together a few months ago (love the look of that bike) quality-wise...or maybe it is. Maybe the Chinese have perfected the utilitarian 50cc/150cc scooter no matter what brand it is??

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #9

Here are a couple photos I finally was able to get to upload!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baodiao in a box.jpg (31.2 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg Box is opened.jpg (39.2 KB, 269 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #10

Thanks for taking the time to document your work with photos.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #11

Any pics of the scoot out of the crate?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #12

I have no idea why only some photos can post and others cannot, but that is the story of my life! The scooter has been built, and is ready to be ridden, and I even have a photo--it is just getting it from 'there' to 'here'...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150