Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 09-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #1

Smile Hello from WA state

Hello everybody, I purchased two of these Taotao 150G's at a dealer at the beginning of the year, and I have to say even after quite a few trips to our local ORV park and lots of beating around our property, these things have been running flawless! All I've done is change the oil and loctited some of the more important bolts when I first got it.

One question I do have though, is where do you get "beefier" chains? I haven't had an issue with them, just want to do it as an upgrade since we actually use these things as atv's

Old 09-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #2

Welcome!

Nice looking quad!

The first step is to Google a chain chart, and measure your chain to determine what you have; my guess is 428. Once you've figured that out, you can buy a HD version from www.bikebandit.com, www.rockymountainatvmc.com or www.motorcyclesuperstore.com. You can search each site, and you can even ask them to match prices. I like RK or DID chains.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #3

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I also like RK and DID drive chains. In addition, I prefer O-ring drive chains to conventional drive chains. The O-ring drive chains require much less maintenance.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #4

Thanks guys!

This site is already becoming an addiction for me ... signed up over on atvconnection and it was mostly a bunch of bashing on the china quads so glad I found this site! Haha

Old 09-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #5

You're not likely to find bashing of any kind here; any machine is welcome.

What part of WA State are you in?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #6

I'm in the Skagit Valley area, someone from BC surely knows where that is? haha

Pretty good riding around here, lots of old logging roads, and Walker Valley ORV park

Old 09-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #7

No kidding! I was just camping at Silver Lake this past weekend, on the road to Mt. Baker.

I'd love to try Walker Valley sometime.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #8

Welcome! Taotao have been coming along very well as far as quality goes. They sell a lot of their scooters, and get a lot of praise on youtube; these ATVs use the same engines, so I am not surprised their ATVs are bang for the buck. There was a guy who posted a few months ago--he is disabled and uses his XF125F1 to ride his farm property and has not had any issues with it. Granted he is not beating it up, but with all the bashing these get, you would think they fall apart on their first run! I bet a lot of the bashing is from the "my friend of a friend had one..." or "I had one of these..." The first kind, the friend of a friend is based on an urban legend from 2004, and the 'I had one...' is from those guys who know nothing about anything mechanical and take their current $6000 financed machine to the dealer. They ran theirs into the ground without taking care of it, but won't admit it, so their story comes out as 'I turned it on, rode down a small trail, and it just mysteriously fell apart...Chinese junk!' LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard