Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #1

Gio 110cc Mini Beast on Way!

Hi group!

I have a box coming with a kit to make an ATV en route. As you see by the header it's a Mini Beast 110cc from GIO.

I'm looking for assembly tips and 'must-do's' from the experts. Loctite in hand for the bolts but are there any other things to look for and inspect, or do for safe assembly of the unit?

Thanks Gang!

Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #2

Tell me how the atv is, I was interested in it.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #3

Will do chap not here yet getting a bit ansy.

UPS says it's out for delivery will be today at some point. Probably right during the 'Nucks/Hawks game don't want to be wrenching when that is on!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #4

Bummer they are only available in Canada......
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #5

Yea, only in Canada. Something that USA people can't get. I was always jealous about usa people since they get better deals, but guess what, we got Giovanni. LOL

Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #6

Well the kit arrived and it sure is a kit. No instructions either which surprised me. One would think when you send out a kit for something that is capable of 70km/h there would be some semblance of 'procedures' bad english with pictures probably would suffice.

Upon looking it doesn't look too terribly troublesome for someone like myself who spent 13 years running a crankshaft grinder in an engine shop, but one can be surprised! I was kind of stunned to see the mufflers not on it. They do appear to 'slide' into place but hopefully there are some clamps or something amongst the pile of bolts.

Since the 'Nucks blew it in OT tonight might not have the patience to tackle it but we'll see.

Will keep everyone posted!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #7

Mini beast assmebly

If you have any problems with the assembly let me know. I've put a few together. Biggest problem I've had is getting the rear teather boot to stay on properly, thus having no spark! Clamps for the muffler are poor quality pipe clamps, but seem to work. Found it easier to remove plastic from frame on the rear mud flaps to attach to the foot pegs. Cool little bikes!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #8

Yeah those clamps are crap. I had some fun getting the exhaust into place but it seems in now. No real problems yet. My first one so taking some time with it going over everything, learning where everything is and the like. Should have the wheels on the ground tonight after work!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #9

Gio Rear Wheel Mounting.

Turnburn and anyone else familliar with the Gio assembly:

Back wheels:

I watched a video on Youtube and followed the wheel mount instructions in the manual regarding the spacer tubes on the back wheels. Once I mounted them and tightened the bolt it seems awfully hard to move now. It does roll but certainly tightened up. I'm concerned I've done something wrong. I guess I don't like the setup of this with the tube over the spline drive axle butted up against the wheel and shoulder of the driveshaft.

Also, on the rear wheels the space between the castelated(SP?) nut and the pin seems off to me, even with additional washers for spacing. I feel I'm missing something here and am scratching my head.

Does this sound normal?

As a NOTE to all! The GIO Website rates these QUADS for 300lbs. The bike actually has a sticker on the side saying max load is 209lbs. I'm 275lbs and sat on it and almost bottom out the shock so word to the larger crowd be careful here!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #10

I did not like Giovanni spacers design, it always rattles when riding.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:44 AM   #11

Yeah I'm not liking it much either I don't know why they couldn't have machined a flange into the shaft to butt up against instead of some flimsy tubes.... the tube bumps up against that type of thing anyway. However I guess they are concerned about a weak point that way however a nicely formed radius would worK!