Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
Would you pay extra for a chinese branded bike if you were given a full 2 year warranty and parts were not a problem to get?

This kind of *thinking* is flawed and I'm going to tell you why.

If a device is quality built then "warranty" does not come into play. Like the TV you buy at Future Slop (or Burst Buy for our US folks) you go into the store and buy a TV, this TV has a 1 year warranty, for X number of $ you can extend this warranty to 2-5 years. Chances are, if the thing is going to "let the evil smoke out" it is going to happen within 90 days. Motorcycles are much the same.

Parts:
If you were to construct a vehicle from parts it would likely cost 10X+ the retail value of that vehicle. It does not make economic sense not to sell parts, and LOTS of them, whenever/wherever you can. Should the retail price of the vehicle reflect this? I don't *think* so (you should be making more money off of parts than retail vehicle sales).
I tend to agree with Reveen, although the question requires separation between dual sport and dirt only. If I wasn't mechanically inclined, I'd be satisfied with a 90 day parts and labour warranty on a dirt bike (I don't think that the big four offer much more). I would also be satisified with a 90 day warranty on a dual sport, as long as I had an option to buy additional coverage within 90 days.

Since I choose to wrench on my own stuff, I'd rather negotiate a lower price and forget the warranty, similar to Jim's response.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #17

I was curious of peoples opinions about the warranty. All feedback is good whether it is good or bad! That's how we become better as a company.

I agree with 90 days for off road vehicles.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end. Quality and reliability will be a big issue for Chinese branded bikes when it comes to insurance purposes. The proof is in the pudding.

I couldn't believe how many importers are closing because of this(Both in the US and Canada). Coast to Coast who was the Lifan distributor closed its doors in Canada...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #18

That's not exactly true. Coast to Coast is now known as Quad Tek or Xingyue Canada and is selling a new range of products. For the record, the guys over there were always great to deal with.

I have a suggestion for your parts, offer an easy method to lower the bike. The dual sports are too high for a lot of people, you should have altered suspension linkage available, and so on. I needed to lower my gy6, but I cheated and put in a shorter shock.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Sinclairs has built up a negative following on craigslist eh?

I think the Qingqi bikes look like they're really good quality, reflected in price though. I haven't had the chance to own one though, just from checking them out quickly.
I think Sinclair's is like everyone else. Trying to do business with a product that requires maintenance, for most, it is okay for the price, with overcomable problems.

The negative person can do 10 times the damage as the 1 positive person. I did read the CL post about the wheels flying off... however they've been in business for quite a while and you can't last that long without mostly happy customers.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #20

It seems to me that the Chinese motorcycle, in general, appeals to the "old school" motorcycle type, the guy that isn't afraid to fix/adjust things, and has the ability to do just that. The Japanese (and American) manufacturers have moved (or tried to distance themselves) from "all that", from showrooms resembling museums, to inaccessible service departments, in, at least their own minds, they have grown past that.

Yes, it is in our future to do business with "businessmen", but sometimes these "businessmen" forget the reasons why we can be "bothered" with them.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #21

I'm a mechanic (in addition to being a doctor) so I have fun with the CB thing. I can afford as many JB's as I like, and I have more than a few, but I still like the humble little CB.

Also, I like hanging out with you nuts. :roll:

That said, I cashed out of my HSUN while it was still in good shape with 2700 off road km's on it and went for the Q.

Super discount price (my friend sells them) and a 2 year warante, and as I said, my friend is the dealer so I know it will be taken care of.

CB's are just for fun.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #22

does the distributor take care of your friend. if you would find out, maybe have him (or you) give me a call or pm. good to know you like hanging out, and to have a friend who is a dr, with a plane, and with my skill riding, and obama medical care i may need more help thanks again
its all for fun thats why we are here, why we ride
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
good to know you like hanging out, and to have a friend who is a dr, with a plane, and with my skill riding, and obama medical care i may need more help

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #24

Just another data point on the warranty issue. All the high end off road bikes are sold sans warranty to the best of my knowledge and people know this up front and still plunk down over 6k for a Honda CRF150 R as I did last year for my 14yr old.
At the other end of the spectrum I've purchased 50cc pocket bikes with 14 day warranty (company sounds like "playnac").

I think the high end line attracts the more knowledable crowd personally. My son does not race, but he had 4 bikes prior to this one and finally earned it.
Lower end sales are driven by price alone and you get people who honestly expect a 1k bike to be like a 5k name brand bike and they get frustrated in the first 15 minutes.

Anyway, my .02 only, and my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Pete

Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim

I think the Qingqi bikes look like they're really good quality, reflected in price though. I haven't had the chance to own one though, just from checking them out quickly.
I think Sinclair's is like everyone else. Trying to do business with a product that requires maintenance, for most, it is okay for the price, with overcomable problems.

The negative person can do 10 times the damage as the 1 positive person. I did read the CL post about the wheels flying off... however they've been in business for quite a while and you can't last that long without mostly happy customers.
THIS IS AN OFFICIAL WARNING TO ALL THOSE THAT SLANDER SINCLAIR MOTORSPORTS WE ARE MONITORING THESE POSTS.
Sinclair Motorsports Voted #1 Dealer In Western Canada 11 Yeers In a Row!! Thanks again

Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammySinclair
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL WARNING TO ALL THOSE THAT SLANDER SINCLAIR MOTORSPORTS WE ARE MONITORING THESE POSTS.
Every forum member has the right to express his opinion regarding any vendor. These statements are not slander. :roll:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #27

Excuse me members of the Sinclair business, I would suggest that you attempt to behave here, or your posting privileges will be revoked.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #28

Users TammySinclair and Gordy have been banned. We will not tolerate threatening and rude behaviour.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Closed Thread