Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2020, 01:10 AM   #1

Question BD 125-11, aka '17 venom x22. need HELP!

Hello friends,

I am a first time rider that recently bought a used BD-125 with 300 miles. The first owner didn't seem to be pretty handy with tools and neither am I. I need help!

Long story short the bike isn't running well so I'm in the process of replacing the stock carb with the vm22 mikuni knock off. While I'm waiting on a carb adapter I found some things that I'm stumped with.

This silver box - what is it?

The stock intake 'pipe' is getting replaced with the one that's in the mikuni kit. The mikuni pipe doesn't have a nipple on it so. What should I do with the orange tube?

Also, there are two black hoses at the bottom. One goes to the front of the engine but the second hose (with the spring around it) is just dangling. Any ideas on where it goes?

Old 01-01-2020, 01:13 AM   #2

Oops

For some reason the images did not show up. I attached the images to this reply instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 4.jpg (25.2 KB, 627 views)
File Type: jpg pic 3.jpg (81.3 KB, 616 views)
File Type: jpg pic 2 black tube.jpg (70.7 KB, 588 views)

Old 01-02-2020, 01:27 PM   #3

Where are you located?

Keep us posted!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 01-02-2020, 04:51 PM   #4

yes, knowing where you are located would assist us in advising you to remove all that emissions stuff from the engine and cap off everything. some states may need to see this stuff before you get tags or renew them....

Old 01-03-2020, 12:16 AM   #5

I'm in Montgomery, Alabama!

Old 01-03-2020, 12:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
yes, knowing where you are located would assist us in advising you to remove all that emissions stuff from the engine and cap off everything. some states may need to see this stuff before you get tags or renew them....
Your posts have taught me pretty much everything I know and is the reason I bought this BD 125 actually. Your post in March with the pictures is the guide I use for the carb upgrade. Thanks for that.

I don't think my spinner kit includes screws. Do you remember what size screws you used? I'm thinking M4 6mm.
Also, what do I do with the paper gasket? Do I stick it between the plastic gasket and the carb? Or should I put it between the intake pipe and engine?

Last edited by durtyrice; 01-03-2020 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Adding another question

Old 01-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyrice View Post
Your posts have taught me pretty much everything I know and is the reason I bought this BD 125 actually. Your post in March with the pictures is the guide I use for the carb upgrade. Thanks for that.

I don't think my spinner kit includes screws. Do you remember what size screws you used? I'm thinking M4 6mm.
Also, what do I do with the paper gasket? Do I stick it between the plastic gasket and the carb? Or should I put it between the intake pipe and engine?
my first spinner carb mount didnt come with screws and i di find some to work but never found them to be shallow enough on the head, so i had to grind the screw head down in order for them to be flush with the spinner. this setup didnt last very long so i ordered the spinner kit that used gaskets and came with good and ready screws.

i cant remember right off about the gaskets, but sometimes they send wrong size in the kits..

Old 01-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #8

Quote:
my first spinner carb mount didnt come with screws and i di find some to work but never found them to be shallow enough on the head, so i had to grind the screw head down in order for them to be flush with the spinner. this setup didnt last very long so i ordered the spinner kit that used gaskets and came with good and ready screws.

i cant remember right off about the gaskets, but sometimes they send wrong size in the kits..
Oof. I'm hoping I can get lucky at Home Depot and find the screws. I've been waiting on the carb adjuster and the bike has been sitting. So far I only have one mile experience on a bike LOL

Old 01-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
Where are you located?

Keep us posted!
I can't find a EGR delete kit that ships from the U.S. The only thing I can find is parts from the U.K that charge 35 or more for shipping on a 5 dollar part.

Do you think a pop can will work as a makeshift delete?

Old 01-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyrice View Post
I can't find a EGR delete kit that ships from the U.S. The only thing I can find is parts from the U.K that charge 35 or more for shipping on a 5 dollar part.

Do you think a pop can will work as a makeshift delete?
you should only need a block off plate with gasket.
the gy6 block off plates work as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-E...YAAOSwq2JbkEAv

Old 01-03-2020, 08:54 PM   #11

Quote:

Ordered. Thanks for the link. When it comes to the hoses, can I just plug them off? If so, what do you recommend I plug the hoses with?

Tags
carburetor, helpme, hose, intake, new rider