Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 12:23 AM   #1

They hit U.S. soil

Well the bikes I got are in New York US customs being looked at. From what I understand they are being x rayed. I hope thats all they do and they don't open the crates, I will be bummed if they get scratched or damaged in any way. It sounds like they will be in Pittsburgh next week, as soon as I get to pick them up I will try to get some pics to put up here but give me some time cause I am not very computer savy. I am so excited, feel 16 again, well maybe 30

BTW can someone fill me in on what an MSO is or looks like, I have the EPA papers and the shipping papers, but what is this MSO, would it be in the actual packing or shipping? Would the US Customs have that stuff???

Old 01-24-2007, 07:54 AM   #2

The MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin), or MCO (Man. Certificate of Origin) should be in the paperwork that comes with the bikes. If not, or if its a cheesy, incomplete one like my Roketa came with, you'll have to contact the manufacturer and have them send you out new ones. These are needed to register the bikes for on-road use.
2006 Roketa RSX200E MODS: YZ250F Muffler, Airbox delete with K/N style filter, Main Jet reamed 2 sizes over, Yamaha R1 Rear clicker shock on custom scissor linkage making 8 3/4in. of rear wheel travel!!! Battery relocated under seat.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #3

Re: They hit U.S. soil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobiker
I will be bummed if they get scratched or damaged in any way.
Prepare to be bummed then because it's highly likely there is shipping rash on the plastic and some stickers are probably torn. Such is the life of metal crate shipping though. It even happens on the big 4 bikes as well.

My MCO was in with other paperwork taped to the seat and I had to send it back to the dealer I bought from to have it completed before I could get a title.... it was just for a dirtbike, but the process is similar for dp bikes
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be in the packing, I got the bill of lading, packing list, epa cert. and commercial invoice ups express, but there was nothing labeled MSO or MCO. Hopefully it is on the seat also and filled out corectly.

That sucks about the shipping damage, they must handle the freight pretty darn rough to get so banged up. You would think if packed in a 40' container, then in a crate strapped down it wouldnt get to bad. Do they use solid crateing or is it wood and steel pallet with cardboard box covering? I just want to get em in the garage and print off the prep stuff, and get riding

Old 01-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #5

Mine and the others that I've seen were in steel crates wrapped in a cardboard box. It's not that the stuff bangs around, more that it rubs against other parts like the rear wheel and sometimes against the metal crate. Look at my Hensim DB Expereince in the pure dirt section for pics.

If it works like mine, the MCO will not be filled out - you will have to send it to a dealer to have it filled out. The document will most likely look like a title and say something like "Certificate of Origin" across the top and information about the bike filled in... but to make it valid it needs an authorized signature - which it will not have because the crate has not been opened by anyone at the dealer to validate it.

I made a copy of mine (just to be safe) and sent it back to where I bought it - he filled it out and returned it along with a notarized power of attorney to authorize me to do whatever else might have been needed to get a title. I thought that was rather nice of him, but turned out the signed MCO was good and the power of attorney wasn't needed.

It's not like the shipping damage is going to be huge, but I would expect some scuffs and scratches.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #6

They will arrive in a steel framed crate covered in cardboard. The damage occurs when parts of the bike rub on other parts of the bike, or if the supports holding the chassis to the steel supports break. Don't expect it to be perfect, but once you dump it in the dirt, it wont be perfect either . Put it together, break it in, and go beat the crap out of it!!!
2006 Roketa RSX200E MODS: YZ250F Muffler, Airbox delete with K/N style filter, Main Jet reamed 2 sizes over, Yamaha R1 Rear clicker shock on custom scissor linkage making 8 3/4in. of rear wheel travel!!! Battery relocated under seat.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #7

Exiting, post pictures when u get them. I hope they are as nice as they looked on the website.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #8

Thanks again for all the info. makes me feel less anxious knowing it wont be all that bad CathastrophiX I hope they are as nice as they looked to, I will do my best to load pics as soon as they come in, I am gonna need some help on the pics thing, my stepson should be able to help me, the younger generation knows way more than I do. I kinda hope the weather isnt in the single digits when they arrive, I wanna be able to take a couple short runs on it, Carharts should keep me warm enough, and my leather just in case it's slippery.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #9

john22 I checked out your bike on the pure dirt section, looks great green, really sharp looking ride. I read that you and the others seem pleased with the performance, thats cool also. I havent owned a dirt bike since '84 and that was a 70something Yamadawg DT360, so sounds like I will be extreamly happy, hell I was happy with that old toad, steel fenders and tank, then stripped to all palstic with sprocket change and I felt like a king LOL it even had a decompression valve and I was so excited I didn't need to mix gas anymore, it was so fancy it even had oil injection tank. And as for the scratches and such, I guess I shouldn't worry much, these nimble bricklayer hands will probably drop parts on the concrete floor anyhow.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #10

How many bikes do you have coming, are you a dealer?

Old 01-25-2007, 06:59 AM   #11

Hi All
First of all The MCO needs to be signed and addressed {front, right bottom} by the manufacturer. The upper section {description of the vehicle & VIN} will be filled in by the US Distributor. In the middle section it should say the Distributor/Dealer the vehicle is sold to. The back side is for the Sale of the vehicle to the customer. {In some cases the front middle will have the Distributor, then the Distributor has to sign it over to the Dealer on the back side, then the Dealer signs off to the customer on the back side also.} A lot of MCO's are not filled in correctly and a lot of States have let them slide because all of the information is there or the people don't know at the BMV offices the correct way the MCO is to be filled in. I hope that this helps.

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #12

First to Ambassador, I am not a dealer at this time, and I have 2 coming, if it all works out, I am considering becoming a leagal dealer with 2 friends of mine. One is a neighbor that owns 2 car dealerships and we ride street together, the other is a hd tech. So if things look good and the bikes are good quality we will have all the bases covered. I can do sales and parts, the tech can help me with the service part, and the car dealer can help me with the title and financing stuff. But I am not selling anything till I get it set up, I don't want to get in trouble or have anyone feel they are getting screwed, I like to sleep at night I don't wanna pickle, jus wanna ride my motorsickle. The car dealer friend was like "lets buy a full container, mix and match quads, bikes, and a couple scooters" and that was site unseen, I want to ride them and make sure they aren't crap. They come with one year manufactuer warrenty, so I don't wanna be working on them constantly for a year, won't make enough to break even that way. I am a GC and build 1-2 homes a year, and I feel it costs more to do warranty work than to do it right the first time, if ya sell crap and gotta fix it all the time you loose money and reputation.

And to Bruce, Thanks for the exact info. I appreciate your profesional input. I would like to know if you would like me to ride up and you could check these ones out when it warms up. If you like them maybe it might give you another line to offer, and I would like an honest, professional oppinion. I also bought 5 DOT helmets to see what they are like. Bruce do you sell gear? If not & they are descent quality I will let you know if you want, I could hook you up with the guy I am working with. From talking with you on the phone and on here it seems you are honest and old school, and run a straight shooter shop. I am amazed that there are not many small legit dealers around, I am not sure I would trust many of the internet sellers, sounds like the drop ship thing is a lot of aggravation and they only offer like 1-3 month warranties. My theory is I would rather deal with someone I can walk into the shop and talk to, with either a problem or just to stop in and bs and buy goodies. In the meantime if I get inquieries on bikes from here, I will send them your way, I am way to green to sell anything yet. Thanks again for everyones info. this is a great site.