Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2018, 08:59 PM   #16

Wow. Looks great man!
You definitely got to do some youtube videos please, there isn't that much out on the Hellcat, it would be greatly approached, especially for someone thats not super mechanically inclined.

Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-29-2018, 05:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
Still haven't started it yet. I ordered a complete Yosh exhaust from Thailand, probably a fake, and of course it doesn't fit. Supposed to be for a Grom but the angel of the exhaust port in the Hellcat engine is a little different. I found an adapter online, its basically just an angled spacer, but I think it will work. I'll find out today. Once i get the exhaust installed I'll be ready to fire it up.

So far I installed a Mukuni VM22 carb, replaced the engine bolts, replaced the swing arm bolt and the rear axle (same part) with Grom parts, replaced all the chain tensioner hardware with Grom parts, much better quality.

I went on the Taotao web site today and they list every part of the Hellcat, all nicely diagrammed, available for purchase and really cheap. It's good to know I can buy any part I might need in the future. I can replace the whole engine for $230. If I decide to keep the bike I might order an extra engine just to have it for parts.
When I get it all back together I'll make a youtube video showing what I did. I'll post a link.

I did manage to get the exhaust on, took a lil doing but I managed to get it installed. Looks and sounds really good.
Do you have a link to that angles exhaust port adapter?

Old 03-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #18

Would you happen to have a link to that exhaust adapter or perhaps even a close up pic of it?

Old 04-18-2020, 06:20 PM   #19

What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex2479 View Post
Do you have a link to that angles exhaust port adapter?
Update

Tags
boom vader, grom clone, ssr razkull, taotao hellcat