Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #1

292 miles, 3 states, rocks, streams, curves, geocaches FIXED

I just got home from my little ride. I took some pictures that I will work on posting.

The lifan performed flawlessly considering how hard I pushed it.

I covered 470km or 292 miles today. About 20 miles on forest service roads/trails.

100 miles of Interstate/4 lane highway. And the rest mountain 2 lane roads with lots of peg dragging curves. I didn't drag any pegs though.

I started out by leaving my house at 7am and sitting in traffic. I rode to Tallulah Falls, GA about 75 miles. Stopped and took some pictures.

The gorge is 750ft deep and there is a total a four waterfalls.

I then rode to Clayton, GA and filled up for gas and coffee. Attempted a geocache in Clayton, but I couldn't find it.

I continue on to the edge of NC and then to my first plan destination of Rabun Bald which is back in GA.

This is the road to Rabun Bald after the pavement ends. I had to walk the last .7mile of trail.

Rabun Bald is the second highest point in GA at 4696ft. The tower was built by the CCC as a fire lookout and later converted for public use.

On a clear day you are suppose to be able to see GA, NC, SC, and TN.

Next destination was another geocache in Black Rock state park, but after I got to the trailhead I decided against this one as the walk was about a mile each way and the temp was near 100.
Here is the lifan at Black Rock Lake.

After Black Rock lake I finally found a geocache in the Warwoman Wildlife Management area. It was a short walk of about 700 feet from the forest service road.

I then went to another just fun forest service road destination. This is Sarah Creek Rd also in the Warwoman Dell area. There are alot of stream crossings and this old bus that my friend told me "the trail ends shortly after the bus". He was right.

Those roads look like easy riding, but the gravel is really loose and the "slicks" were not hooking up on it.

That is the last of the pictures. It was getting late and I was going to meet friends for dinner back home. I decided to go through SC yet and add another 100 miles of riding. Warwoman Rd has alot of twists, curves and hairpins which mays it interesting on a china bike. I completed the trip with about 40 miles of riding on Interstate 85 from the SC border to my exit for home. I enjoyed the right lane at 65MPH.

Allen