Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurdy View Post
Okay so if I choose 3.00 21 for front the 3.00 just means the width??
Yes, the width at the widest point at reccomended tire pressure. Not at the tread. For your use, I'd go with the 3.00X21. To me, the 2.75 is for slightly better steering and reduced steering kick back amongst wet tree roots, and other things like that you aren't going to encounter the way you ride. All tires that are simply called a 2.75X21, or 3.00X21, or 4.10X18 have a 92 percent aspect ratio. If you multiply the section width (3.00) times the aspect ratio (92%) You get 2 3/4 inches of tire above the rim. So, have you had it out on that gravel road again? We'd like to know if changing the fork height improved it any.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Yes, the width at the widest point at reccomended tire pressure. Not at the tread. For your use, I'd go with the 3.00X21. To me, the 2.75 is for slightly better steering and reduced steering kick back amongst wet tree roots, and other things like that you aren't going to encounter the way you ride. All tires that are simply called a 2.75X21, or 3.00X21, or 4.10X18 have a 92 percent aspect ratio. If you multiply the section width (3.00) times the aspect ratio (92%) You get 2 3/4 inches of tire above the rim. So, have you had it out on that gravel road again? We'd like to know if changing the fork height improved it any.
Thanks for clarification, also no not yet because I'm not home where I went riding on that trail with lose gravel and nearly fell (also forgot to mention I had a passenger with me when I went there don't know if that makes a difference) but when I go on that trail again as far as high speed it's stable and doesn't wobble like it use to.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #348

Quote:
Thanks for clarification, also no not yet because I'm not home where I went riding on that trail with lose gravel and nearly fell (also forgot to mention I had a passenger with me when I went there don't know if that makes a difference) but when I go on that trail again as far as high speed it's stable and doesn't wobble like it use to.
Wow! You are certainly a bold rider, carrying a passenger while you are learning to ride a new machine. One rule to remember is, 'There are bold riders, and there are old riders. But very few old bold riders'. However, in this case, having a passenger just may have saved you from going off on your melon. Having a passenger on the back may have stabilized the bike enough to keep you both upright.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #349

Riding fast with a mate is bad ju ju.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #350

Quote:
Wow! You are certainly a bold rider, carrying a passenger while you are learning to ride a new machine. One rule to remember is, 'There are bold riders, and there are old riders. But very few old bold riders'. However, in this case, having a passenger just may have saved you from going off on your melon. Having a passenger on the back may have stabilized the bike enough to keep you both upright.
Idk about bold, so I was going to get the vin so I can order the MCO because my family and my girls family are on my ass about getting it legal I think I found the vin on the other side of the headlight for the hawk 250 is that true?

Old 02-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Riding fast with a mate is bad ju ju.
Nahhh good Ju Ju

Old 02-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #352

also ARH I was wondering now my problem is when I go top speed, the bike feels like it's tugging at 55-60mph. I think it's the chain not sure like when I hit 55mph+ it feels like the bike is going towards and backwards if that makes any sense, why is that? And what could it be if you know? Thanks!

Last edited by Skurdy; 02-05-2017 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Bad grammar as usual

Old 02-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #353

Quote:
Idk about bold, so I was going to get the vin so I can order the MCO because my family and my girls family are on my ass about getting it legal I think I found the vin on the other side of the headlight for the hawk 250 is that true?
Who sold it to you? They should send the MCO to you without any BS about VIN numbers. I mean. they don't know the VIN number of the bike they sold you? The VIN # is stamped on the headstock of the motorcycle.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #354

Quote:
Who sold it to you? They should send the MCO to you without any BS about VIN numbers. I mean. they don't know the VIN number of the bike they sold you? The VIN # is stamped on the headstock of the motorcycle.
http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...FYQDaQodjtQPXQ that's where

Last edited by Skurdy; 02-05-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Wrong link

Old 02-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #355

Quote:
also ARH I was wondering now my problem is when I go top speed, the bike feels like it's tugging at 55-60mph. I think it's the chain not sure like when I hit 55mph+ it feels like the bike is going towards and backwards if that makes any sense, why is that? And what could it be if you know? Thanks!
That is not uncommon. The bikes come set up very lean. Sounds like a lean surge to me. Sincerely, ARH.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #356

Quote:
Powermotorsport.com or something like that.
Where are they located? In Texas? You better know who you got it from, because without that MCO, your goose is cooked.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #357

Quote:
Also here's the picture to order my my title
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1293.jpg (13.1 KB, 152 views)

Old 02-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #358

Quote:
Where are they located? In Texas? You better know who you got it from, because without that MCO, your goose is cooked.
Yeah they're and In California also.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #359

Quote:
That is not uncommon. The bikes come set up very lean. Sounds like a lean surge to me. Sincerely, ARH.
So a new carb or tune the current carb to the correct setting in the meantime of getting s new and improved carb?

Old 02-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #360

Quote:
OK, so call them up tomorrow and find out what you need to do to get the MCO. Did you read what I wrote about that problem at 55-60 yet?