Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2024, 07:54 AM   #1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikd View Post
Yes, if you want to add a spark arrestor to your existing muffler.
Adding just the screen can still get you in trouble if you wind up getting stopped and inspected in the woods since the stock system doesn't have the appropriate USFS approval markings. Around here there have been a few people who have had their bikes impounded for not having an approved spark arrestor

Old 03-01-2024, 12:26 PM   #1622

Yep...that's why I'm looking at the $89 FischMoto one but am happy to find a less expensive alternative.
Triumph Legend TT 900

Old 03-01-2024, 01:55 PM   #1623

It'd take a little bit of work to come up with a retaining cap for this but it might be an option for folks who want to try it out. Includes the necessary ID tag and everything.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-06180-8.../dp/B00AJTGP6U

Old 03-01-2024, 02:08 PM   #1624

Yep, the FischMoto spark arrestors aren't cheap, but they have embossed Forest service compliance on the exposed ring, and available in 5 or 6 sizes with simple set screw installation.

The only real problem I see is that some exhaust pipes have narrow tips, so it may restrict flow more significantly. But I guess that would affect anything that fits.

Old 03-01-2024, 02:52 PM   #1625

I just pulled the trigger and got the FischMoto one. I live very near USFS managed lands. I like having something easily identifiable as compliant as I'm sure I'll get checked at some point. The price point seems triple what it should be but it's done.
Triumph Legend TT 900

Old 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM   #1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weresquatch View Post
I just pulled the trigger and got the FischMoto one. I live very near USFS managed lands. I like having something easily identifiable as compliant as I'm sure I'll get checked at some point. The price point seems triple what it should be but it's done.
They are the only ones I am aware of that have "Forest Service Approved" Label right on the spark arrestor, and I looked for a while.

Old 03-04-2024, 07:07 PM   #1627

I bit the bullet on the FischMoto arrestor last week as well. Should be arriving Friday

Old 03-05-2024, 02:35 AM   #1628

Hello guys! I have been working on a 3D printable headlight Bracket for this bike to easily install this headlight.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B13XDLNS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_detail s Let me know if any of you are interested. or if you think I should start making these for you guys. I have come up with some prototypes so far... but I can't figure out how to upload a photo here at the moment.

Old 03-05-2024, 08:23 AM   #1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan27089 View Post
Hello guys! I have been working on a 3D printable headlight Bracket for this bike to easily install this headlight.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B13XDLNS...roduct_details Let me know if any of you are interested. or if you think I should start making these for you guys. I have come up with some prototypes so far... but I can't figure out how to upload a photo here at the moment.
What material are you planning to print these out of? Could be an interesting project for a lost PLA Aluminum casting.

Old 03-05-2024, 10:00 PM   #1630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_MO View Post
What material are you planning to print these out of? Could be an interesting project for a lost PLA Aluminum casting.
I am currently using ASA material for it's anti UV properties. I will have a photo of it put together later. I have a multitude of materials that I could use I can print this from just about anything that some could want. Here is the bracket model image:

Old 03-07-2024, 05:41 AM   #1631

Quote:
Did your spark arrestor arrive yet?

Old 03-07-2024, 07:56 AM   #1632

Quote:
Please report back after installation. I am curious if it makes the bike any quieter.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 03-07-2024, 12:40 PM   #1633

It sure did...I haven't installed it yet. I'll report back with the exhaust sounds before and after (it took me forever in my dark garage to get that carb back in after rejetting and wrasslin' the plastics in place).
Triumph Legend TT 900

Old 03-08-2024, 10:28 PM   #1634

Thank you to all the helpful people on this forum. Moment of truth....first attempt at starting. I ended up turning down the idle a bit and making it a Lil richer (more popping on decel than I cared for). Omg, the adjustable suspension alone was worth the extra money. Only 12 miles on it now but very little vibration.
Triumph Legend TT 900

Old 03-09-2024, 07:22 AM   #1635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_MO View Post
Adding just the screen can still get you in trouble if you wind up getting stopped and inspected in the woods since the stock system doesn't have the appropriate USFS approval markings. Around here there have been a few people who have had their bikes impounded for not having an approved spark arrestor
Curious about this. I was always under the impression/understanding that stock street legal exhausts were no problem in National Forests as they have a catalytic converter there. How would any spark get past the cat? Or is this just another way to hassle motorcyclists? Thanks in advance for the reply.