Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
disconnect the battery for awhile and ecu will reset for new exhaust! did this on my cbr250 with akro install.
Good tip! That hadn't occurred to me.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #32

Ditto. Will reset the ecu and report.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:22 AM   #33

I decided to pull the spark plug and check over the exhaust since I hadn't ridden in the last few days. (I've been sick.) I have to admit that I was a little surprised when I looked that mid-pipe. The spark plug is platinum, and it looked fine... maybe on the lean side. But the pipes tell the tale... the exhaust is running hot.

I'm keeping a keen eye on the Fuel Controller thread as that's what I think I'm going to need next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3148.JPG (74.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3150.jpg (32.7 KB, 151 views)

Old 11-26-2015, 03:08 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
disconnect the battery for awhile and ecu will reset for new exhaust! did this on my cbr250 with akro install.
Here is another way to reset the Delphi MT05 ECU.

1) Turn off the ignition and wait for 15 seconds.
2) Turn the ignition on/off for 5 consecutive cycles. Each cycle should last about 1/2 second, to allow the fuel pump to start every time. If the fuel pump doesn't start for any cycle, stop the procedure, and start over again.
3) After completing step two, wait at least 15 seconds before turning on the ignition.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-05-2015, 03:09 AM   #35

I've gotten a couple of inquiries about what the bike sounds like from the sidewalk or on a fly-by, and also how much length was added to the mid-pipe. I haven't done a video of a fly-by yet (I need my son to hold my SJ4000 while I ride by), but I did take some pics of the mid-pipe.

I wanted to wrap that mid-pipe in header-wrap to help keep heat away from the evaporative canister and the rear brake line. The eval canister is pretty darned close (1 cm?) away from the mid pipe, and the rear break line was slightly closer than that. (The Akrapovic's mid pipe is 1.75" in diameter vs. the stock 1.5" diameter tubing.)

I moved the rear brake line slightly outboard by loosening the rear brake switch. This gave me a little more clearance. Be careful with this as it's easy to break off the wires. I did and had to order a replacement. Best to disconnect before trying to uninstall or install the brake switch.

Unfortunately the evaporative canister can't really move due to its placement on the bottom of the battery tray. When we added length to the mid pipe, I had the muffler shop bend the insert slightly to help clear the canister. But it was the canister's proximity to the pipe that prompted the purchase of header wrap. At some point, I'll perform a canisterectomy, but this should keep those bits cooler for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Akra with midpipe extension.jpg (90.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Akra midpipe closeup.jpg (91.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Midpipe with header wrap.jpg (93.0 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Midpipe distance from rear brake line.jpg (93.3 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Akra distance from evap cannister.jpg (91.2 KB, 122 views)

Old 12-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #36

Excellent pics and description.

Canisterectomy sounds quite invasive.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer