Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #2296

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
I will have to check out JB weld sounds like good Stuff !
You can also try Permatex Cold Weld; it's rated for exposure to gasoline, while JB is not. JB would probably seal a gas tank, but it doesn't actually make the claim on the packaging.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-02-2015, 12:57 AM   #2297

Approximately 30 minutes ago, the Hanjin Germany was sailing the blue route at position #1, located midway between Attu and Kiska islands.

Attu Island was the scene of the only battle in World War II fought on American soil. Here are some photographs from Attu Island.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-02-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:18 AM   #2298

In case you are interested, I have posted a tutorial on how to order items from Taobao.com at the following link.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...d=1#post180721

I have also added this link to the RX3 tech 'sticky' thread which is permanently pinned to the top of this forum.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 09-19-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:31 AM   #2299

About 30 minutes ago the Hanjin Germany was sailing east at 13.3 knots. The last recorded position of the vessel was:

LAT: 53° 49' N LONG: 177° 25' E

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-02-2015, 04:08 AM   #2300
Banned

Thanks Spud. I was hoping you could do one for us. I really tried and even using the # 1 recommended agent, couldn't get past the start on my own. Some little detail I missed, I'm sure.
Off topic, but I thought I'd be the only one up this early (late)? I'm up for one of the meds I have to take, and need to stay up for an hour and 1/2 . Usually just stay up tho.
I hope our sprocket/hubs are OK, and no other similar issues arise. This is probably NOT a zong issue though, but an outside suppliers worn out machine or machining tool.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:25 AM   #2301

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
Thanks Spud. I was hoping you could do one for us. I really tried and even using the # 1 recommended agent, couldn't get past the start on my own. Some little detail I missed, I'm sure.
Off topic, but I thought I'd be the only one up this early (late)? I'm up for one of the meds I have to take, and need to stay up for an hour and 1/2 . Usually just stay up tho.
I hope our sprocket/hubs are OK, and no other similar issues arise. This is probably NOT a zong issue though, but an outside suppliers worn out machine or machining tool.
You're welcome. If you have any questions, please do ask them over on the Taobao thread.

Don't worry about the hubs; Zongshen manufactures good parts. The sprockets are manufactured by another Chinese company, WLJF. In my experience, WLJF manufactures good sprockets, but I suppose everyone can make any occasional error. That's why it is always nice to have several different vendors from which to choose.

I hope somebody can get good measurements for both sprockets of our American RX3 bikes. I suspect both sprockets are from the currently manufactured, Suzuki DR200 bikes; however, I can't know for sure until I can measure them myself, or somebody helps me out.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-02-2015, 05:23 AM   #2302
Banned

Some concerns:

Spud, I absolutely agree re Zong making good (or great, even) parts. I am concerned the bikes got past QC in China, and out to customers w/o dealers catching this before delivery. It will be interesting to see how this gets dealt with by Honley and its dealers, also. I'm REALLY hoping we don't have any issues like this at delivery, and if we do, all these parts sizes and crossover with other bikes are known, so we are not screwed if CSC doesn't have other parts we can buy wherever we are when we realize there is an issue. I have been trying to get some info (as have others who PM'ed me) from CSC re this and also some parts to stock for others in my area to purchase if needed or they want someone else to service their bikes, but so far, have no response from CSC on how to do this, or even if interested in doing this at all. I plan to contact CSC (by phone), today on this (again, but by email before) and report back. I am also going to start a thread re those interested in being a service center for others not wanting to do their own work (warranty or otherwise) for this for those wanting to know what needs to be done to have CSC support them. This should reassure prospective purchasers of availibility of parts , locally, if needed, or God forbid a safety issue arises and a recall occours, of even more concern.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #2303

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
Spud, I absolutely agree re Zong making good (or great, even) parts. I am concerned the bikes got past QC in China, and out to customers w/o dealers catching this before delivery. It will be interesting to see how this gets dealt with by Honley and its dealers, also. I'm REALLY hoping we don't have any issues like this at delivery, and if we do, all these parts sizes and crossover with other bikes are known, so we are not screwed if CSC doesn't have other parts we can buy wherever we are when we realize there is an issue. I have been trying to get some info (as have others who PM'ed me) from CSC re this and also some parts to stock for others in my area to purchase if needed or they want someone else to service their bikes, but so far, have no response from CSC on how to do this, or even if interested in doing this at all. I plan to contact CSC (by phone), today on this (again, but by email before) and report back. I am also going to start a thread re those interested in being a service center for others not wanting to do their own work (warranty or otherwise) for this for those wanting to know what needs to be done to have CSC support them. This should reassure prospective purchasers of availibility of parts , locally, if needed, or God forbid a safety issue arises and a recall occours, of even more concern.
TH:

We can't find where you tried to contact us. Please give us a call at 909 445 0900 or contact us via email at info@cscmotorcycles.com. We try to be diligent about responding to all requests. If we somehow missed yours, please accept my apologies.

FYI, it's not likely we would be interested in creating a new business in regions where customers don't want to do their own work. We prefer to work with established maintenance operations, and any such organization would need to have an established reputation for doing superior work. We get requests for this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis, but unless a business can demonstrate solid financials and a sound history, we would have to take a pass.

Regarding availability of parts, we stock all parts.

Joe

Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #2304
Banned

I just called and Joe answered. He referred me to STeve at CSC in one hour (after they open for business I'm on central time), which is perfectly reasonable, which I will do. I will report back at that time with what Steve says.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #2305
Banned

Also

And I wasn't the only person not contacted back, (I have PM's and copies of my emails I sent if requested).

I assume they are very busy currently, anyway, and was hoping the authorized "service center" thread could help them by handling some of the requests they apparently may seem to be missing....

Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #2306
Banned

Ok Talked with Steve

There are no plans in place for any "authorized service providers or centers" at this time. I asked, any idea when. No idea. I told him about the Honley issue and why that was a concern of mine and some others on here that if they were the single source of parts, they'd all be of the same manufacturer "batch" and all out of spec, possibly. ANswer: We have all the parts needed here. You can go to another mc dealer and match it up, and if not, they can order it. (unless there isn't one to match it with).
I suggested that they publish the suggested rates for time to do warranty work and shop rates they'd approve. (using for example their scooters rates in their shop since business is an issue).A: Didn't need to do that, at this time. Each claim, if any, would be handled on a case by case basis. Ok If I called up with the chain issue.."A:our sprockets are different" I'm just asking for example, I said. I suggested it would be better, since the sales info says "either take it to a "authorized shop" for warranty work or read our tutorial and do it yourself" that some , at least, venues were set up, in East USA at least, for parts and service in case of recall or other QC slip.
A:Not at this time. It was supplemented by (which I agree this is probably the case) "Most well, 99% of guys buying these bikes are planning to do all the work themselves". I asked what about if that requires shop level tools (presses, welders, machining, etc). A: Most well, 99% of guys buying these bikes are planning to do all the work themselves. hmm OK.

Its is my opinion the questions WERE all answered. There was no hurry, either at first, and I felt Steve understood that this was meant to clear u an issue that came up re QC and the Honley bike, and a what if situation if similar happens to our bikes.
I am uneasy with the issues of no plans to set up shops or have any other sources for parts, especially. I am also probably not going to ride the bike home now, especially if I can get the quote down to the 300 that it was to GA, by doing something different on my end. I just wouldn't want to get stuck somewhere and be subject to a dealer jacking me for a credit card guarantee to fix my bike. (ie CSC would not pay him his dealer rates on labor and time.) Since I have nothing to compare it with and no idea what is "reasonable" to csc. A; "We will talk to the dealer and determine a reasonable mount to fix the bike". Q What if they are not reasonable? Do I pay or? (I then reminded him I was considering a ride back and this was a concern now to me, personally.) A: "We will talk to the dealer and determine a reasonable mount to fix the bike." He had spent a generous mount of time, IMHO and needed to go wait on customers, he said, which I understood. Me too(get back to work, as I am not getting paid to try to help, only) which I think he understood.

Thats not every word, of course, and in fact, I reasked the questions in different ways to try to get a different answer. (more answering the concerns I had).

Anyway, I'm still buying the bike, but my situation, with a shop and all tools and experience needed to service it, may be different than others, at this time. I want to see for sure, how the Honley issue ends up, long term.

If I am unreasonable here, flame away hehe

Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #2307
Banned

Also re Joe call:

This issue isn't exactly correct (or they should communicate better, at least)

Joe answered my post with:

"We prefer to work with established maintenance operations, and any such organization would need to have an established reputation for doing superior work. We get requests for this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis, but unless a business can demonstrate solid financials and a sound history, we would have to take a pass."

I asked what I needed to do to be one.

Steve answered there are no steps in place at this time to set up "authorized service centers".

Confusing, at best.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #2308

I would assume its like any warranted repair when there is no network of dealerships/service/parts. You will take the bike to any local reputable shop, they will diagnose the issue for a standard diagnosis fee. They will then call CSC for authorization and immediate payment to complete the repair. Ordering parts is going to be the hurdle if its a part unique to your RX3. Any reputable shop should be able to diagnose and repair these bikes.

/

Old 03-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #2309
Banned

AGreed

Anyone should be able to repair these bikes.
Remaining issues still unresolved:
1. When did you last visit a reasonable dealer? How reasonable are they going to be re a labor charge on a competitor, especially when there is no alternative except that they fix it (no dealer network or authorized independant shops in place or planned at this time). and I like the direct aspect of the purchase for me, its perfect.
2. Parts only at CSC, no matter if they are all the same batch (at least initially).

Old 03-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #2310
Banned

and

With other un dealer supported bikes in the past (Chinese bikes, mostly) the $30.00 labor raid the importers offered was 1/2 the going rate, minimum to 1/3 or more, in larger cities.

Wouldn't anyone preferr to KNOW what is reasonable rate CSC plans to pay labor, at least? I tried asking that, and presenting a few different scenarios, but no answer was offered. That concerns me, still.I'm just asking here, so not making ANY judgments: Have you ever been forced to get a different bike shop than your brand to do a warranty repair OK'ed? I have and I only needed that experience ONCE. It was a Chinese bike and I was curious as to what would happen. I ended up repairing it myself, and the importer did send me the parts, post paid, in a reasonable time period (a few days). If I was out on a ride home from Cali, however, (or you to FL!) we'd incurr costs to sit, or overnight (of course) charges, if parts were in stock and from a non defective batch, of course.

I'm gonna stay out of this and just see whether I'm making molehills into mountains, and I genuinely hope not, and apologize if I am in advance. I have cancelled my ride back though, in clarification of what reality is now, and I was really wanting to do it. Guess I'll just ride to Ft Riley so Ash can test drive mine, and see some people who offered to meet up also, on here, AFTER I check it out at my shop and get some miles proven on it.