Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #2281
Banned

Any cush driven hubs having this issue(s)?

Thats my primary concern re fly n drive for such a long distance. If I find issues like the sprocket after bike assembly in Cali, and CSC doesn't have the parts (or enough for the Baha riders and us others) yet, what can we do. I have made a few parts inquiriies to CSC (besides options) without any response. Not a no, or maybe, or not at this time, NADA.
Troubling.. I also have tried to get taobao to work for me, but still am unable. Its confusing to read the chinese (mostly) and english(in between), to me. SO don't have confidence re Taobao. WIsh there was some tutorial re that somewhere...

Old 03-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #2282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Typical. Thanks for the good info.

Why electrical tape? Out of duct tape?
Duct tape !.........on my new bike .... I don't think so my good man !

I need to save my duct tape for holding my car together

Old 03-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #2283

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
That's great, Katflap. I'm glad I guessed correctly. I hope I guessed correctly for the cush hub sprocket, also.

If I may ask, when you measured the front sprocket, did you use calipers?
well yes but no , kind of

define calipers , if you mean these

then yes

but if you mean ones that can accurately measure to less than a millimetre then no

Also I cant remember now wether I measured the spline or the sprocket

I didn't realise when I measured that they made sprockets with 0.5mm dimension differences .

sorry I don't own proper calipers

Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #2284
Banned

He he Kat! That and JB Weld! There is hope though, even for us bikers with aluminum motors. JB Weld has now, a "high temp" epoxy, rated at 600 degrees f, I believe..Used it on my shop Dodge Cummins powered head (exhaust port flange).
Unless JB Weld makes a 2" x 2" portable cnc machine, we're screwed, pretty much, If CSC doesn't have these parts re machined (by a supplier with a different and not worn out bushings) CNC machine.
And, JB is a temp fix, plus labor to center sprocket.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #2285

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
Thats my primary concern re fly n drive for such a long distance. If I find issues like the sprocket after bike assembly in Cali, and CSC doesn't have the parts (or enough for the Baha riders and us others) yet, what can we do. I have made a few parts inquiriies to CSC (besides options) without any response. Not a no, or maybe, or not at this time, NADA.
Troubling.. I also have tried to get taobao to work for me, but still am unable. Its confusing to read the chinese (mostly) and english(in between), to me. SO don't have confidence re Taobao. WIsh there was some tutorial re that somewhere...
Hopefully with the CSC upgrades you won't have any issues with the sprocket. I have yet to tackle Taobao for parts . I agree a tutorial would also give me more confidence in ordering from it

Old 03-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #2286

Now I am confused. Does the RX3 have 2 variations available? 1) without cush drive and 2) one with cush drive - sold by CSC

Old 03-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #2287

Quote:
He he Kat! That and JB Weld! There is hope though, even for us bikers with aluminum motors. JB Weld has now, a "high temp" epoxy, rated at 600 degrees f, I believe..Used it on my shop Dodge Cummins powered head (exhaust port flange).
Unless JB Weld makes a 2" x 2" portable cnc machine, we're screwed, pretty much, If CSC doesn't have these parts re machined (by a supplier with a different and not worn out bushings) CNC machine.
And, JB is a temp fix, plus labor to center sprocket.
I will have to check out JB weld sounds like good Stuff !

im sure some one will come up with some good sprocket measurements soon

Old 03-01-2015, 04:50 PM   #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
Now I am confused. Does the RX3 have 2 variations available? 1) without cush drive and 2) one with cush drive - sold by CSC
I think I'm correct in saying that all the CSC bikes are with a cush drive.

Im in the U.k . ( Honley RX3 ) and ours don't.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #2289

Quote:
...I also have tried to get taobao to work for me, but still am unable. Its confusing to read the chinese (mostly) and english(in between), to me. SO don't have confidence re Taobao. WIsh there was some tutorial re that somewhere...
I am going to post the Taobao tutorial this evening. However, if you search this forum for 'Taobao,' you will find several good threads on this topic.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
I think I'm correct in saying that all the CSC bikes are with a cush drive.

Im in the U.k . ( Honley RX3 ) and ours don't.
All of the motorcycles imported to North America by CSC have the cush drive on the rear hub. Some of the Zongshen RX3 bikes sold in other countries have a different rear hub, which lacks the cush drive. These countries include Belarus and England.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #2291

Quote:
Hopefully with the CSC upgrades you won't have any issues with the sprocket. I have yet to tackle Taobao for parts . I agree a tutorial would also give me more confidence in ordering from it
If you search this forum for 'Taobao,' you will find several good threads on this topic. However, I promise I will post a step-by-step tutorial this evening.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #2292

Quote:
well yes but no , kind of

define calipers , if you mean these

then yes

but if you mean ones that can accurately measure to less than a millimetre then no

Also I cant remember now wether I measured the spline or the sprocket

I didn't realise when I measured that they made sprockets with 0.5mm dimension differences .

sorry I don't own proper calipers
That's okay, Katflap. I thank you for your efforts; you are a faithful Zongite. I strongly suspect this is the counter shaft sprocket for all of the Zongshen RX3 motorcycles.

It would be wonderful if someone, somewhere, could get some accurate measurements of the counter shaft sprocket.

I also suspect this is the rear sprocket for the cush drive hub.

Once again, I wish someone would take the time to accurately measure this sprocket.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #2293

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
If you search this forum for 'Taobao,' you will find several good threads on this topic. However, I promise I will post a step-by-step tutorial this evening.
Thanks Spud , I will have a search tomorrow and I look forward to reading your tutorial

Old 03-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #2294

Quote:
Thanks Spud , I will have a search tomorrow and I look forward to reading your tutorial
You're welcome. Thanks for verifying the JTR897 KTM sprocket fits the rear wheel for the first generation, rear hub.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #2295

Thank you Katflap and Spud for clearing my confusion.

CSC really outdid themselves bargaining the bestdeal from Zongshen and passing all the goodies to their customers without jacking up the price proportionately.