Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #2236

Sounds like Sara is getting good rates for shipping. Quite through my freight company is $241 to MO.
I have my own forklift and commercial address to ship to.

I can quote anyone wanting a second estimate. Just PM me.
2001 H-D V-Rod
1999 Ducati 750SS
1997 Yamaha Riva
1995 KTM 250
1970 Honda CB350
1952 Ariel Square four

Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #2237

I'm having mine, and a buddys shipped together to my work place, which has forklifts, and is set up to offload trucks, to get the shipping costs per unit down....but haven't gotten a quote yet.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 02-27-2015, 07:42 AM   #2238
Banned

Yay I get toanswer a Spud question...maybe the first he ever posted:)! hehe

Yes, Spud. The terminals will only load your trailer or pickup truck with a forklift from the warehouse, usually, but occasionally a ship crate.
You need to call them and make an appointment to pick it up.
Piece of cake.
I used a trailer (lower and easier to unload) until I got forks for my Backhoe.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #2239
Banned

Mark

If you simply park at an open space at the dock, backed up ready to be loaded, they have always loaded me. That way they can go another couple feet and drop it then, rather than wait on you to get back from office (sometimes). By the way, your freight cost INCLUDES them loading your truck. I found its easier to simply back up to the bay so its obvious what they need to do.. If they for some reason are an asshole, and still dropped it on the dock, I'd be an equal asshole, walk back into office and request to have what I paid for done, loaded into my truck.
I've never had to do this though, as only once I had any issue with a forklift driver. He didn't want to wait on me, I realized (jeez, the coffe break room was calling him or something! hehe After that time, I did the park before going in thing.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #2240

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
If you simply park at an open space at the dock, backed up ready to be loaded, they have always loaded me. That way they can go another couple feet and drop it then, rather than wait on you to get back from office (sometimes). By the way, your freight cost INCLUDES them loading your truck. I found its easier to simply back up to the bay so its obvious what they need to do.. If they for some reason are an asshole, and still dropped it on the dock, I'd be an equal asshole, walk back into office and request to have what I paid for done, loaded into my truck.
I've never had to do this though, as only once I had any issue with a forklift driver. He didn't want to wait on me, I realized (jeez, the coffe break room was calling him or something! hehe After that time, I did the park before going in thing.
The issue is my trailer doesn't come anywhere close to dock height, they have to come out of the building to load my trailer. Like I said most of them do it no problem some of them, not so much. If the product is loaded loose and not on a pallet, forget it. Teamsters!

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #2241

Maybe this has been addressed earlier but if it has, I cannot locate it; what will the seat height be with the 17 inch rear tire? I suspect the standard published specifications reflect the seat height of the bike with the standard 15 inch tire. One of the big selling points and appeal of this bike for me, (actually for my wife who currently rides a TW200), was the relatively low seat height.) Now it appears that must have changed. I don't want to get embroiled in the "one foot down/two feet down" controversy. I have the same inseam as her (30 inches), but I can ride anything because I've been riding for more than 40 years. She's only been riding for 3 and I don't want her to have a bad experience that'll put her off ever getting on a bike again because of seat height on a relatively heavy bike. I may still buy two so we have the same bikes, hoping there'll never be a problem but.....lower would be better for her. On the other hand, it is an excuse to sell the 3 TW's, 3 honda XL500's, a Suzuki 185 and various smaller Yamaha's cluttering up my shop. I'll keep my BMW F for my longer trips though.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:07 AM   #2242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
It depends on the dock attendent, some dont have a problem helping you get it in the trailer and others just drop it on the dock and it's a struggle to get it on the trailer.
Thanks for the information, Mark.

P.S. Congratulations on getting such a sweet deal on cross-country shipping.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Maybe this has been addressed earlier but if it has, I cannot locate it; what will the seat height be with the 17 inch rear tire? I suspect the standard published specifications reflect the seat height of the bike with the standard 15 inch tire. One of the big selling points and appeal of this bike for me, (actually for my wife who currently rides a TW200), was the relatively low seat height.) Now it appears that must have changed. I don't want to get embroiled in the "one foot down/two feet down" controversy. I have the same inseam as her (30 inches), but I can ride anything because I've been riding for more than 40 years. She's only been riding for 3 and I don't want her to have a bad experience that'll put her off ever getting on a bike again because of seat height on a relatively heavy bike. I may still buy two so we have the same bikes, hoping there'll never be a problem but.....lower would be better for her. On the other hand, it is an excuse to sell the 3 TW's, 3 honda XL500's, a Suzuki 185 and various smaller Yamaha's cluttering up my shop. I'll keep my BMW F for my longer trips though.
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

If he doesn't reply on this forum, call Joe Berk at CSC Motorcycles. I believe he has a 17-inch rear tire mounted on his blue RX3. He can measure the saddle height for you. Also, he has stated the 17-inch tire supplied with the bikes will actually be smaller than the stock 15-inch tire.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 02-27-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjr21 View Post
Found handlebar mittens on sale. Already ordered a set for myself.

http://tools.woot.com/offers/quadgea...mpaign=wootapp
That's a good deal.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-27-2015, 09:27 AM   #2245
Banned

Mark, aah yes, the trailer can be an issue woith some.

Backing a trailer up is not going to help, as the forklifts don't go below deck level, of course.

I asked for a quote as well, (just in case) and mine was a good deal more even to a business with a lift, and closer to Cali. Maybe I should pick it up and see if its cheaper.

Amen re loose and getting help. The bikes (and 4 wheelers) I had shipped that were loose we all small and light, even crated.
That crate steel has been handy,and I still have a decent supply of it still. I had to get some very small rods and needed (well I do anyway) a dc welder. hehe Splurged on a gas powered DC that also is a A/C generator I'd wanted for a while...

Works great, and they supported it when some parts were damaged in shipping (the mount for the welding power rotary knob).
Great deal at $550.00 then, even less now!
Its DC also.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerland-PD...item1c4b8dd9f7

Old 02-27-2015, 09:38 AM   #2246

One hour ago the Hanjin Germany reached the second closest island to the Kamchatka Peninsula, and left it astern.

The vessel is now sailing east at 12.4 knots, heading for the International Date Line and the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. The last recorded position for the ship was:

LAT: 50° 05' N LONG: 157° 18' E

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #2247

Send a message via Skype™ to jezzrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
If he doesn't reply on this forum, call Joe Berk at CSC Motorcycles. I believe he has a 17-inch rear tire mounted on his blue RX3. He can measure the saddle height for you. Also, he has stated the 17-inch tire supplied with the bikes will actually be smaller than the stock 15-inch tire.

Veteran,

The stock tire is 130/90-15, which means the total diameter for the tyre plus wheel is 15 + [(0.9x130x2)/25.4)] = 24.21 inches.

If the CSC-supplied tyre is 130/70-17, the total diameter will be
17 + [(0.7x130x2)/25.4)] = 24.16 inches.

If we ignore the thread thickness, then yes, like Joe said, the stock 17-inch is a little bit smaller.

However, please don't take my idea/calculations at face point.

It is just a very rough estimate of the wheel+tyre combined diameters, and by no means the actual height measured.

Still need Joe for that

Old 02-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #2248

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjr21 View Post
Found handlebar mittens on sale. Already ordered a set for myself.

http://tools.woot.com/offers/quadgea...mpaign=wootapp
Not a bad deal.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Spud has already responded to your question, so I'll just say welcome.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #2250

We need to run the same Calc on the 18" vs 19" front. This will allow us to correct the geometry back by lowering the triple clamps the right amount.

This actually illustrates one of the few benifits the 15" wheel would have had. It had very tall side walls which would have offered lots of pinch flat protection when running lower tire pressures off road. That being said I prefer the 17".

On of my plans with the little nook in the right side case is to install a small air compressor to make it easy to adjust tire pressures while traveling.