Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #1

Problem with MSO

I just bought a SunL, and my MSO has the name of the dealer as Sama4u, on the front and on the back its listed as Best Hobby Shop. Its a total Charlie Foxtrot now, I have to get a new MSO and an affadavit signed by the dealer and notorized saying the change is legit to get this thing titled. Anyone else had this problem?

Old 08-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #2

When I was dealing 'em, I didn't have a dealer's license. Had I had a dealer's license, I could have done all the paperwork no problem. But, I had to get Diamo to sign the Application for Title in Texas, wasn't a big deal, took a couple of days in the mail. I could put it in my name no problem cause there is no dealer, got it straight off Diamo and all I have to do is take it to the tax office and transfer it to my name. I then can sell it to someone else. But, you're only allowed 4 titles per year to do it that way.

I could have gotten a dealer license in Texas, would have required setting up an office in a portable building with a separate land phone line, not something I was willing to do unless the profits were there and they weren't, not enough to go full time with. I've settled on small engine repair now as my cash cow. Easy work, air conditioned shop, not a lot of bikes sitting around, no storage woes, and there are one HECK of a lot more lawnmowers in this town than motorcycles! I keep getting asked about parts. If it continues to build, I could buy that portable building after all and install shelving for parts, but that's down the road. I can get about anything I need at a local auto parts store or on the internet. Ain't making any parts profit, but not a real problem. I get enough labor to not worry about parts profits.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #3

S_Flex, what state are you in?

I had a similar problem at my local MVD office in Yuma, Arizona. I purchased my enduro direct from Jetmoto in San Francisco. It was delivered, built, and the MCO came a few days later. Apparently, AZ likes to have things notarized, or that is the impression I got when I took the MCO and bill of sale to register the bike.

The clerk who served me took the MCO to her supervisor. Behind the scenes (I never spoke with this supervisor) it was said that the MCO looked questionable due to it not being "official" looking. Had it looked official, I would have been able to register the bike withour problems, and without an inspection. The clerk told me that there were two ways around this; call Jetmoto and get a more official looking MCO, or go to a title bond agency (from $150 to $200) and have them guarantee the title was free and clear.

I called Jetmoto, and they sent out a more "official" looking MCO, and a new bill of sale. I took it down to the MVD, but to add insult to injury, the line was huge (I guess it was free cheese day). Literally 2 hours later, my number was called. Different clerk, apparently same supervisor who recognized my cause. I was denied again, but I had an Ace up my sleeve. Member 'EddyFx' had mentioned how he got his Roketa registered at an off-site MVD office/check cashing place in Phoenix. The clerk told me that the supervisor said I would definately have to go with the title bond route, and the bike would have to be brought in for an inspection this time. I mentioned that I thought I would have better luck with the off-site office. She gave me a wink, and did not put what she was supposed to in the computer, as that would have flagged me, and under her breath told me that this was the better route.

I had some business to do in Phoenix (which is 3 hours away), so a week later, I tracked down the off-site AZ MVD office/cash advance/check cashing place. In fact there are two of them in Phoenix owned by the same guy. Within 15 minutes, I had a license plate in hand, and did not have to have the bike visually inspected. (In AZ, the burden is on you to have all street equipment--you can get quads street registered, but can also get pulled over and fined for not having all street equipment). The irony is that the clerk at this place used my first MCO and bill of sale, the "non-official" looking MCO, because it corresponded to the invoice number! (Good thing Jetmoto doesn't charge for MCO's!)

If you are in AZ, I have the address listed on another thread somewhere, and I will dig it out if you need it. Let me know...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-24-2006, 11:24 PM   #4

I'm in georgia. I'm pretty sure I will never get this thing titled. I need a new MSO and an affadavit signed and notorized by the dealer stating that they messed up.
The title bond wont work because the VIN is already in the computer and is flagged stating that I must have an new MSO and Affadavit.
I should have went straight to the title bond place.
All this because the dealer used their ebay profile name on the front of the MSO and used the name of the actual business on the back. I explained to the tag office that they were one in the same but they dont care, they want it to say the same thing on the front and the back. They are like zombies.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:59 PM   #5

That stinks! Like I said, the first time I went to the MVD, I was flagged, but the second time, I asked about the off-site MVD place and she kinda winked and didn't put that visit in the computer. (Almost like she wanted me to take that route, but wasn't supposed to tell me.)

To me, it seems that no matter how difficult the government can be, there should be a way out of any such predicament. See if you can get some kind of permission to "start over" to register. See if there are any off-site DMV's

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
Get the seller to send you a corrected MCO and affadavit. If you bought it on Ebay don't hesitate to try to get Ebay involved.

The ebay profile wasn't netnet or something like that was it? :?:
I feel your pain. The company I bought from didn't have a dealer license, so the back of the MCO was blank. Indana BMV people look at your paper work before starting and just sent me away when they saw the back of it blank.
I waited 5 wks for the dealer to get their license and send me a proper MCO.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #7

I agree with dlunt. Just be persistent and insist that they supply paperwork that will work in your state. That is their responsibility to you as the buyer.