Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2016, 01:25 AM   #1

I found my old "Will" for sale on the dealer's website

Looking at bikes on the dealer's website where I trade my "Will" in for the CRF250L, I found my old will listed. I love CRF and am not in the market for a new bike I was just browsing their site: http://www.thorntoncycle.com/2014-ba...475&in-stock=1

Old 04-21-2016, 01:29 AM   #2

T.hey took the fog lights off that I installed but the rack I made is still on. I copied this pic from their website. I am surprised to see that they listed it.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:53 AM   #3

They have it listed as 1511 miles but the odometer is actually in kilometers.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #4

Hope you got a good amount of $ for it, seeing how they want $1,300 for a used China bike , can get one of those brand new with 0km for $1,500 or so shipped to your door

Did yours come with the rear rack? My 200 version didn't have one and the Mrs. wants one on her bike

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Hope you got a good amount of $ for it, seeing how they want $1,300 for a used China bike , can get one of those brand new with 0km for $1,500 or so shipped to your door

Did yours come with the rear rack? My 200 version didn't have one and the Mrs. wants one on her bike
I actually got close to what they are asking for it, (I originally paid 1700 for it) I traded it in last year close to end of the summer for a left over 2014 CRF2015L . I was surprised that they are asking that much myself or that they would put a China bike on their website. I may go take it for a "test ride" because I actually miss "Will". I have too many toys and love the CRF250L so I won't attempt to buy it back. I made the rack on the back out of 1/2" electrical conduit, here is the thread I started on that when I made it: http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14957

Last edited by andyj812; 04-21-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #6

Thanks , you may have finally given me an "acceptable reason" for "needing a welder"... so far every time I bugged the Mrs. for one with my car projects I get shot down... but watch, as soon as I mention I'm welding up a rear rack for her motorcycle, and just like magic, "POOF!" a $600 welder shows up for me to use with a list of things to make she needs made up

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:34 PM   #7

azh...you cant go wrong with a flux core wire welder. they are really getting inexpensive these days. everyone has them now. i have a lincoln got from h.d. probably going on 15 years now. has been great (just point and shoot hot molten steel, ha) , continue to use it. thats why i bought it (original made a weed eater lock cage for the trailer) will have it for the rest of your life so you might as well get one sooner, rather than later. definite one of those must have shop tools.

i got the lincoln weld pak 155( lincoln brand probably more expensive than others) . later i thought i should have got the hobart handler 175 for heaver duty but turns out the lincoln is plenty hot for what i use it for . they are cheaper now so you could get the 175 now for about as much as i paid for the 155 then. (like you mention, i think mine was in the 500-600 range)

there are a few hobart haters out there, but i dont think i would know the difference, as long as i can stick steel together, good enoough (not welding on the space shuttle any time soon). you might look at tractor supply i think they "handle" hobart.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #8

Kinda neat to see your WILL back on the market.
I have a hunch had mine been the 250 instead of the 200, I would have
never traded it off in the first place. Yeah, my blowing headlights every other ride was a nuisance, however, I feel that issue would have been resolved.
What caused me to trade it more than anything else was it's inability to
go up the slightest hill at 50 MPH.
Now some 5 motorcycle trades later, , , , , , , * rolls eyes *
Know all about the too many toys thing.
I THOUGHT ordering my wife her own zodiac trike would have scored
me just enough brownie points to ease the blow of selling / trading my Vulcan 500 for , yet another, motorcycle.
I got one of "those looks". You know that look Andy. The one where
she says NOTHING at first, and you start looking for a hole to crawl into.
For the first time in 15 years, my loving wife said " I am fed up with you and your bikes. You are never satisfied!"
Well. This is true. I have not found the perfect bike yet.
Glad you are still loving your CRF250 !!!!

Old 04-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #9

[QUOTE=Louis Angel;212996]Kinda neat to see your WILL back on the market.
I have a hunch had mine been the 250 instead of the 200, I would have
never traded it off in the first place. Yeah, my blowing headlights every other ride was a nuisance, however, I feel that issue would have been resolved.
What caused me to trade it more than anything else was it's inability to
go up the slightest hill at 50 MPH.
Now some 5 motorcycle trades later, , , , , , , * rolls eyes *

I bought my wife a scooter that was blowing headlights (part of the too many toys) and it ended up being my failure to install the voltage regulator (I found in inside the body plastics eventually.)

Know all about the too many toys thing.
I THOUGHT ordering my wife her own zodiac trike would have scored
me just enough brownie points to ease the blow of selling / trading my Vulcan 500 for , yet another, motorcycle.
I got one of "those looks". You know that look Andy. The one where
she says NOTHING at first, and you start looking for a hole to crawl into.
For the first time in 15 years, my loving wife said " I am fed up with you and your bikes. You are never satisfied!"

Well. This is true. I have not found the perfect bike yet.

I used to get that looks about bicycles, (another part of the to many toys thing) I used to be a big cyclist before a foot injury has left me fat and hurting when I ride very far. I am seeing a another doctor and hope to get back on the bicycles again soon. My wife gets tired of hearing me talk about bicycles with that look and tells me I'm obsessed.
Glad you are still loving your CRF250 !!!!

I Love the CRF it is still stock as or as performance goes and I can get it up to 79 mph's even with how fat I have gotten. Starting I diet hopefully will go even faster when I lose some weight

I do miss "Will" though it only had a 56 mph top speed but is smaller in lighter for off road stuff.[O/QUTE]

Old 04-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Thanks , you may have finally given me an "acceptable reason" for "needing a welder"... so far every time I bugged the Mrs. for one with my car projects I get shot down... but watch, as soon as I mention I'm welding up a rear rack for her motorcycle, and just like magic, "POOF!" a $600 welder shows up for me to use with a list of things to make she needs made up
You can pick up a welder pretty reasonable. I picked mine up at Lowes for around 300 (blue flame brand) and I works well. I had a craftsmans before that I picked up on Ebay for around 100 before that. I used to work with somebody who bought I welder from Harbor Freight that is used restore an old Dodge. When buying a Welder I recommend before you spend a lot of money you consider what you are gonna use if for and how often you are gonna need to use it.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
When buying a Welder I recommend before you spend a lot of money you consider what you are gonna use if for and how often you are gonna need to use it.
Excellent advise! I bought the Harbor Freight little wire welder about 6 years ago. I only use it once in a great while. It has no options and is only a 90 but if I don't rush it, it sticks stuff together just fine. If I welded regularly, obviously I'd upgrade but for what it is and how I use it, it's a great little welder for the $$$.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350