Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #1

New Bike in AZ

I'm now a snowbird. I live in Bismarck, North Dakota in the summer and Chandler, AZ in the winter. I have a Magician in ND, and I'm looking at getting a bike for AZ. There are 3 places in the Phoenix area that sell Bashans, and they're all around $2200 to 2300. I've heard good things about Peace in GA, but their prices are now $2500 to 2600. Has anybody had any luck with any of these local dealers: Chandler Motorsports, Advanti, or can't remember 3rd one?

Old 11-19-2020, 11:52 AM   #2

I believe they (I know Advanti for sure) sell the Storm 250. Chandler might be the dealer that carries the Bashan that is a Hawk twin. I have seen the two dealers on Craigslist for years now, and have checked on Advanti's inventory from time to time, so I think they should be OK to deal with. I would probably lean towards the Storm 250 over the Hawk-like one.
The Storm seems to have as good a reputation as the Brozz/Brozz Recon. The Hawk-like one, I believe its name is alphanumeric, the '41H', might not be as reputable. Most of the information you might need will come from Chinariders, and most parts can be purchased through Peace (at least for the Storm). The Storm might be the one that comes with a counter-balanced engine, which is a 'plus' in my opinion. I am sure your hands go numb on your Magician from the vibrations. I would suggest to speak with Emerikol; he has a Hawk in the Tolleson area for sale with a whole slew of parts, not to mention he has already geared it well for the street. I rode it on the Wickenberg ride, and it did great. Couldn't hurt to contact him and take a look at it at least. As you probably already know, the engine would be identical to your Magician. Just wanted to throw that out there for consideration.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #3

Are you interested in getting something assembled/ready to ride? like from a local dealer? or would assembly-needed/crated be ok? If assembly is OK,..try looking at Brozz250.com, rather than Peace Sports (same people) I am seeing $1949.00 for either the Blue 250,...or the Recon...and yes, they are great to deal with,..excellent reputation on these forums.
2019 Brozz 250

Old 11-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #4

Both sell the Storm now. As far as Emerikol's Hawk, I assumed that was a deal just for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I believe they (I know Advanti for sure) sell the Storm 250. Chandler might be the dealer that carries the Bashan that is a Hawk twin. I have seen the two dealers on Craigslist for years now, and have checked on Advanti's inventory from time to time, so I think they should be OK to deal with. I would probably lean towards the Storm 250 over the Hawk-like one.
The Storm seems to have as good a reputation as the Brozz/Brozz Recon. The Hawk-like one, I believe its name is alphanumeric, the '41H', might not be as reputable. Most of the information you might need will come from Chinariders, and most parts can be purchased through Peace (at least for the Storm). The Storm might be the one that comes with a counter-balanced engine, which is a 'plus' in my opinion. I am sure your hands go numb on your Magician from the vibrations. I would suggest to speak with Emerikol; he has a Hawk in the Tolleson area for sale with a whole slew of parts, not to mention he has already geared it well for the street. I rode it on the Wickenberg ride, and it did great. Couldn't hurt to contact him and take a look at it at least. As you probably already know, the engine would be identical to your Magician. Just wanted to throw that out there for consideration.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #5

Thanks, forgot about that website. I'd actually prefer to put it together myself. I trust my prep more than the dealer's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleway4 View Post
Are you interested in getting something assembled/ready to ride? like from a local dealer? or would assembly-needed/crated be ok? If assembly is OK,..try looking at Brozz250.com, rather than Peace Sports (same people) I am seeing $1949.00 for either the Blue 250,...or the Recon...and yes, they are great to deal with,..excellent reputation on these forums.

Old 11-19-2020, 01:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
Both sell the Storm now. As far as Emerikol's Hawk, I assumed that was a deal just for you.
I am not sure when I will be able to buy it; I told him that already. That is my concern--I would hate for him to be holding on to the bike indefinitely if things block my ability to purchase the bike. He would like to keep the bike in the Chinariders' family is why I am mentioned, and with you in Phoenix and in the market, I would encourage you to at least look at it. Like a pet that a family has to get rid of, whether it is me who buys it or you, it stays in the extended family

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard