Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2022, 08:37 PM   #31

therm resistance

Looks about the same as what I got on my readings. I ordered some metal oxide 1watt 1% 150 ohm resisters. I didn't measure current flow while power is applied but I think 1 watt is more than enough. With 150ohm I can go series for 300 or parallel or both if needed. It rarely gets below 40F here even in the winter time but, I won't be riding it then anyways so I need to use a lower resistance for warmer weather. So far running and starting good at 300 ohms.

Is your odometer accurate?

Old 07-02-2022, 08:44 PM   #32

I clipped in a 100 ohm in series today but haven't ridden it. Started fine. Gets real cold here in freeze dried Central Oregon desert. Also lowered the idle speed. Haven't checked the odometer yet.

Old 07-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #33

Rode it this morning with the 100 ohm resistor in place and couldn't get the check engine light to come on but it was only 51°. Ran fine.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:14 AM   #34

Hard start when hot

I have 300 miles on my Clash 200. Figured out why it hesitated when starting . If you turn on the key and the fuel pump turns on for a few seconds and don't start it then turn of the key, the next time it primes up will have a hard first revolution.
Wish I knew where to get parts other than the dealer I bought from.
My speed is also 5 miles less than the Speedo says according to Google maps on my phone.
Have had no real trouble and get about 80mpg riding easy 35-50mph.
Anyone put on the windscreen? I have one ordered.
I put on a phone holder but can't see it well with sunglasses on.
Everywhere I go people want to talk to me about the Clash 200.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:24 AM   #35

The auto compression release is the reason it starts like it does.

I put on a generic scooter windshield $33 from eBay.

What parts do you need. GY6 engine parts are cheap and easy to get. Plastic parts may be harder to track down but are likely the same as the Honda Click.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:29 AM   #36

Mainly concerned about if the fuel injector, computer or display goes out. Where to get parts. Didn't know about the Honda version.
Are you saying the 161QMK motor uses the same engine parts (head, clutch, variator, rockers) as any GY6?

Old 07-20-2022, 08:10 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by clash 168cc View Post
Mainly concerned about if the fuel injector, computer or display goes out. Where to get parts. Didn't know about the Honda version.
Are you saying the 161QMK motor uses the same engine parts (head, clutch, variator, rockers) as any GY6?

The GY6 is a pretty standardized design. It's quite likely that parts from any long case 61mm bore GY6 would fit. Being a Lifan, I wouldn't expect the engine to have any problems. EFI parts might be a problem right now but before long EFI scooters will be the norm rather than the exception.

The plastic should be the same as the Honda Click or Honda Vario which are popular in the Philippines and other countries.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:10 AM   #38

You are right. When I looked up Honda Click, I saw plenty in the Philippines, so the parts are out there but saw nothing on Ebay.
I did order the cheap windscreen. I hope it stops the whistle in my helmet visor. I plan to ride in winter here in Florida. At least try. Thanks for the help.