Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #1

Best offroad bike for trails and some mud?

Im looking to buy a bike and I see alot of dual sports and street legal bikes but I just want to be offroad for right now and im struggling with all the options there are about $2000 is what i want to spend. I'm 6foot2 and 200 pounds would like a bigger bike? All help ia greatly appreciated!

Old 04-09-2020, 12:44 AM   #2

The dual-sport version of this bike is regarded as probably the most dirt-worthy street-legal bike out there, so I am guessing the actual dirt bike version should be very good:

https://www.orionpowersports.com/ori...lly-assembled/

A close second as far as pure dirt bikes go is this bike: https://www.orionpowersports.com/apo...embled-tested/

The irony of the Apollo is that it, too has a dual-sport version cousin, but it is NOT very dirt oriented.

I know there are a few full-size bikes from XMotos if you look around on online dealers like powersportsmax.com But the main players will be the two bikes above.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #3

How do you feel about ssr brand of bikes I like the orion rxb dirt bike thats you linked to but I've heard its hard to grt upgraded parts for that bike? And if someone gave you a choice between the ssr 189cc or thw orion rxb250 which one would you pick. As far as durability and reliability?

Old 04-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #4

Or the xmoto hx250r whichever out of those y'all can recommend cause I would like to be able to upgrade parts on any of those bikes too. I really appreciate the help I've been researching for so long before I found this forum.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #5

I'd avoid the SSR. It's easier to get parts for the RXB, and we've heard good things about them on this site. SSR is more expensive, and I've never heard of upgrades for them, either. The Orion uses a known good motor, the SSR is more questionable to me. What upgrades are you thinking?

Old 04-09-2020, 09:07 PM   #6

Yeah I think im gonna do the orion but I'm gonna put a nibbi performance carb on there, and i would like to put some good strong handle bars on there. And just anything that you would suggest to change or do to the bike to increase comfort and durability?

Old 04-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #7

I'd probably go apollo as well. while most of us tend to go for the dual sport for street use, I've heard good things about the apollo.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #8

There is a guy on "the Tube" that has an Orion RXB250 that rips. He has made several modifications and gives excellent advice as to what to look out for. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOM...-Sn3-WVc306Rag

Last edited by Dusman; 04-10-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #9

Here's a link to a huge thread on ThumperTalk about the Orion. Those guys seem to really like it.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...orion-rxb-250/

Btw, you can buy it without lights but I'd pay the extra $100 and get it with lights. Then you can use it as a dual sport too, and if you ever resell it will be worth a lot more being street legal.