Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2017, 02:47 PM   #5311

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Welcome! I can confirm that Orange is both the fastest and best handling off-road!
LOL,thanks (on both the welcome and the info :P ) Looks like a pretty good group here,I'm happy to be a member (even if I don't own any China bikes at the moment,but I have in the past,and enjoyed riding em )

Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #5312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color of the day View Post
I just pulled the trigger on a RX3 yesterday. I didn't want orange until I read it was the color of the fastest RX3's. I took advantage of the end of the year sale. I ordered the grand tour package and over sized front rotor.

The lady at CSC said they only had 4 2016's left (3 now). I have been watching this bike since they came to CSC. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it.
Ive never replied to a post here so I am hoping I am doing this right... Haha thats crazy to see that you bought the 4th one left, because when I talked to her like 3 weeks ago she said there were only 3 left so I bought one. That was a great sale they had on them. Got mine shipped to Pa for free.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #5313

I bought the fastest (last) silver 2016, but recently asked what's left. Turns out there are two oranges left at the discounted prices. 250 miles on mine, and I'me very happy so far!

Old 04-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #5314

Location: 484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
My RX3 shipped today. The countdown begins.

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

Old 04-12-2017, 07:21 AM   #5315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color of the day View Post
My RX3 shipped today. The countdown begins.
Good to hear. Those bikes really look nice. Not trying to start a political war but I do find it funny that both you and me are Trump supporters and we bought china bikes. Lol.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #5316

Mine shipped last week . . . and the shipping company has been playing games with me.

I had an appointment for it to be delivered yesterday between 8am and 3pm (really narrowed that window down for me, huh?). Around 1pm, I still hadn't heard anything and I gave them a call. The lady on the other end seemed a bit frazzled, telling me about people calling in and not doing their jobs, etc . . .
She was finally able to convey that my bike hadn't even made it to the local contractor that would deliver it to my door from the cross-country carrier (RoadRunner).

Dang.

So, fast-forward to 12pm the day after my scheduled delivery date . . . still no bike. So, I gave them another call. This time I talk to the lady who was apparently the one that was shirking her responsibilities yesterday (she told me this). She informs me that my bike still hasn't arrived and that we can schedule delivery for tomorrow.
How do you schedule delivery for something you don't have?

I checked the RoadRunner website and their tracker has the truck sitting in North Florida for 2 days now . . . I'm in central FL. It makes it worse to know that it's soooooo close.

Anyway. No more complaining. It'll get here when it gets here, I suppose. I'm just really anxious to get out there and put some miles on it! This is my first adv bike . . . so, I'm sure this is just the first of MANY hiccups I'll overcome in the days to come.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"

Old 04-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #5317

I've honestly never ever had a good experience with a freight company. On my CSC delivery they tried to extort extra money for things like a lift gate charge. I had to have CSC call them.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #5318

RoadRunner delivered both of my CSC bikes, no problems at all. The TT250 came in a crate that would just barely fit in the box truck that was doing the delivery. Getting that big crate on the lift gate was so tight I had to get a ladder so the driver could step off the lift gate as he rolled the crate onto the lift. Still, both deliveries were within 15 minutes of the promised time (coming from about 80 miles away) and totally painless.

plan to save those tie-down straps, they will always come in handy. You will want to have a crow bar, hammer, large flat blade screw driver (for pulling staples), and a sharp knife to cut the cardboard.

Peter Y.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #5319

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
I've honestly never ever had a good experience with a freight company. On my CSC delivery they tried to extort extra money for things like a lift gate charge. I had to have CSC call them.
Amazing. Extortion is a good word for that
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #5320

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
RoadRunner delivered both of my CSC bikes, no problems at all. The TT250 came in a crate that would just barely fit in the box truck that was doing the delivery. Getting that big crate on the lift gate was so tight I had to get a ladder so the driver could step off the lift gate as he rolled the crate onto the lift. Still, both deliveries were within 15 minutes of the promised time (coming from about 80 miles away) and totally painless.

plan to save those tie-down straps, they will always come in handy. You will want to have a crow bar, hammer, large flat blade screw driver (for pulling staples), and a sharp knife to cut the cardboard.

Peter Y.

I wish my experience would be the same! Here it is, 2 days after the scheduled delivery date and they have cancelled ANOTHER appointment on me. They can't even give me an estimate as to when it will be here now. They're going to call me when the driver is 1 hour away. SERIOUSLY???

I understand that complications arise and sometimes things get delayed. But, when you're a big name freight delivery company, you're supposed to be good at dealing with those issues and keeping the customer in the loop.

I don't mean to hijack this thread with shipping complaints. Hopefully I'll have pictures of a delivery truck trying to squeeze into my tiny driveway soon!

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

Old 04-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #5321

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAn82 View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread with shipping complaints. Hopefully I'll have pictures of a delivery truck trying to squeeze into my tiny driveway soon!
Wishing you good luck. As for hijacking the thread, it's got over 5,300 posts. It's not a concern, really.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #5322

Adan..I would get in my pickup and get it. The longer they handle it and bump it around and transfer it, more chance of damages.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #5323

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Adan..I would get in my pickup and get it. The longer they handle it and bump it around and transfer it, more chance of damages.
I asked if I could. Because it was still in the trailer and being delayed for unknown reasons, there was no way for me to go get it. I can't even go to the warehouse in Orlando where it is now. They're contracted for delivery to my address and can't deviate. Understandable, I suppose.

I've been assured that it will be here Monday though. So, we'll see!

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

Old 04-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAn82 View Post
I asked if I could. Because it was still in the trailer and being delayed for unknown reasons, there was no way for me to go get it. I can't even go to the warehouse in Orlando where it is now. They're contracted for delivery to my address and can't deviate. Understandable, I suppose.

I've been assured that it will be here Monday though. So, we'll see!
Thats ridiculous. You would thank that they would be happy to get rid of it and still get payed regardless.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #5325

It came!

Finally! It came! You can imagine my excitement when the shipper called and told me they were in the neighborhood.

And . . . then you can imagine my dismay when I found this -

This is exactly what it looked like when I climbed into the truck. I didn't touch the crate prior to the first picture.
That's just what I could see on this side. The delivery driver asked me why I would buy a used bike in such poor condition . . .

Refused delivery. Now we wait. Again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0294.jpg (87.7 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0293.jpg (88.8 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0291.jpg (85.3 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0295.jpg (88.3 KB, 322 views)

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)