Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #1

Pics of mounting bolts, bike and stuff

Here is a link to a album i made today with the pics in it:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/zapkin1972/

Old 03-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #2

any ideas about this sprocket??

Just curious if you guys know what size this might be?

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ikepics014.jpg

Old 03-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #3

I dont know what size it is but a careful look should tell you.

ok you got the new counter-balanced engine and they did the upper rear engine mounts right but I'd bet you have a broken bolt in there somewhere and that is allowing the engine to vibrate to much.

Remove one bolt at a time and inspect it very close, we had one that looked ok but it was only being held together by one thread wrapped around.It had sheared and pulled apart slightly and one on mine just popped the head clean off.

I havnt messed with the new counter-balanced engines so I dont know if they have the right sized bolts in there or not so you'll just have to check it out.

With the torque that is applied thru the chain from these engines they reall do need to be secured properly.

Well anyway I hope it is just an engine bolt or two and not anything major still.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #4

after my ride tonight TC I am so jacked I am ready to torch the thing and be done with it. I posted the problem on AL forum, but who knows what will happen. I am trying not to be a total jerk, but dang man..this sux. Tomorrow I am going to do exactly what you said, take each bolt out all the way and examine it. Irritates me to have to do that with the bike still under a warranty and I don't want to harass the dealership as it is really not their fault that there is a defect in either materials or factory workmanship. Besides, they are trying to make a living just like the rest of us. If I had another way to get my butt around, I'd just part it out and call it quits, but I bought the bike as a form of inexpensive transportation, not really as a toy.

tomorrow morning I will go out do as you suggest. If I find a faulty bolt I will apologize for believing it is a transmission issue and get myself another bolt. Also, if it turns out to be something as simple as a bolt I'll make sure to return to any vibration posts I've made and state clearly that the bolt was the issue. BUT if all of the bolts are solid I am going to make sure to clearly state that as well. One good thing is that this website is actually a wonderful documentation of my problem. you can see from my posts when the problem started...how it was intermittent...what was done to attempt to correct it and how it has progressed and the final outcome.

Man I hope you are right.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #5

Quote:
I am so jacked I am ready to torch the thing and be done with it.
Boy have I been there with ours but after calming down and working thru the problems I can say I have a bike that will take a fairly decent amount of abuse and come out of the woods like nothing even happened.(and it's much more fun than it was in stock form)

My first summer with ours was spent mostly wrenching on them but last summer I did lots of mods and I got to ride mine quit a bit and I'm hoping to ride it even more this summer.

Quote:
Man I hope you are right.
I really hope I'm right since I just want you to be able to ride not wrench it.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:53 PM   #6

Last summer I put hi temp silicone around the loose motor mount bolts to see if that's where my 5-6k vibes. Sure enough they were gone!
They finally came back this spring.
Put some more on this evening and it's smooth again.
So I know my vibes stem from the engine shaking.
One of these days I'll pull'em back out and put in the larger bolts.
Just thought I'd let you know exactly where mine came from on my 06 GY-5.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:10 AM   #7

should i loosen the top and rear motor bolts (those little ones) and then make sure to to tighten the bottom bolts throughly, then get the top bolts tight. Seems natural to make sure the biggest bolts nearest the the drive train are tightened and secure before messing with the smaller ones.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 AM   #8

I don't think the tightness is as important as it is to fill up all the spaces around all the bolts and their holes.
I just took out one at a time, put plenty of silicone around the bolt and kept shoving it in the hole. Try it, it'll take you about a half hour. Then take it around the block after it sets up.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #9

well its certainly worth a try. my frustration level went through the roof on this and an easy fix would be great. I just have to talk my friend into helping me. I only have two arms and he has loads of tools and a lot more experience wrenching on things in general.

I sure am going to feel like a total jackass if this turns out to be something simple, especially after all the hell i've raised.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #10

If I lived close enough I'd stop over and help you, it almost takes longer to go get the bolts than it does to change them.

All you need is some basic wrenches and sockets, socket extensions, rachet, a drill motor and a good selection drill bits.maybe a screwdriver to use a drift pin.(to get the holes lined up)

And all you want to do is make sure the holes in the engine frame mounts are the same diameter as the holes in the engine mount holes and then make sure the bolts fit with just a slight amount of play. just enough play so you may (but not necessarily) have to TAP them in NOT BEAT THEM IN.

In most cases you can just push on the bolt and wiggle the engine around a bit to gets the bolts in.

Start with th two large rear upper/lower bolts and get them set and tigh then work on the front four.

I really wonder if the fit on the counterbalanced engines are as bad as on the un balances engines.( I really hope they got that all staightened out)

Old 03-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #11

PROBLEM SOLVED PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD >>>>> http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=3631