Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Well congrats, Glad that it is cured.
its not

the vibration issue is still there. gets worse up to a point when bike warms up. skid plate lost two rear bolts front nearly out.

here is a link to my post on the AL site concerning this issue:

http://americanlifan.com/lifan3/cust....php?p=557#557

The problem is somewhat intermittent as is evidenced by the above posts. BUT it is still there and at this point I think the skid plate bolts vibrating off clearly demonstrates there is something wrong!

I could live with the vibration if it were not for the fact that it developed somewhat suddenly and is ongoing and this motor is supposed to be balanced.

Were it the other model that everyone has describes as vibrating their bolts out I would know I was okay, this is what to expect, but this issue is different.

After a ride tonight the vibration was really bad which is why I am here now, posting this and I am going to be honest here folks...I am pissed!!!!

:evil:

I thought about selling the bike, but I could not even look a potential buyer in the face and take their money for it. pretty messed up aint it?[/url]

Old 03-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #17

Dang Zap,That really sucks for you.But I think, maybe its just a hunch,that your dealer knew that a sprocket and chain wasn't going to fix that problem.
When you push the clutch in does it smooth out still like befor?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #18

nope..i can feel the vibration slightly now revving with clutch pulled in. There is clearly something wrong here.

I believe the bike is defective. The problem comes and goes but seems to be getting worse over time.

this totally bites. tonight I rode over to south wheeling and was worried the whole way about my damn motor just locking up.

i bought a lemon, but I seriously doubt there will be any way to resolve the issue.

I cannot afford to buy another motor.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #19

Yah I thought it was odd that thye went for the sprocket and chain, But stranger things have happened. You are stilled owed a proper fix from the dealer and I would not let them jerk You around with odd fixes that don't really address the problem. The trannie is my guess...And I think it was everyone elses guess also. Sorry to hear about it bro but even a Mercedes can have problems when they are new. That's what warranties are for. Why not tell them to switch You bikes wonder if they would do that.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #20

oh and I went over the bolts again on the motor they are all tight.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Why not tell them to switch You bikes wonder if they would do that.
hmm..I may just do that.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #22

Zap I wouldn't let up either.I would give them a choice.A new motor or another bike or Refund.And you don,t want to wait day's or weeks.You need your bike for transpertation.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #23

Especially since you laid down the cash for an american lifan. If american lifan is supposedly so much better than online sellers of grey market bikes than why don't they put or shut up. I have to say that your issue even pisses me off. We've all sat here and listened to this churched up b.s. about the whole A.L. slash grey market disagreeaments. I think you should give em hell and use this forum as tool to get your point across.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I think the bullying, controlling attitude that A.L. takes to industry needs to be considered now that they have stolen the market and will continue to raise the prices on a product that seems to be no better than that which we were all at one time purchasing online significantly cheaper. If you want a product to be sold only by authorized dealers then those dealerships need to be held accountable and must make things right especially on a bike that only has 600 miles. My Drz400 doesn't even require an oil change until that point! I would demand a new engine.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #24

in all fairness..its up to about 700 miles now.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #25

Well if it turns out to be something simple like the engine mount bolts you should go to the dealer and clue them in.

If its the engine tell them to take the thing back and refund your money since you have little confidence at that point that a new engine will be any better.

I have to ask :
Why did they change the sprocket ratio/size ? did you ask them to ?

My wife and I plan to go look at the UM-DTF-200 saturday just to check them out.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #26

I did not ask them to change the sprocket size. They did that on their own accord. Originally I wanted to go with a smaller sprocket to lower the rpm's of the motor and was planning to order a 42 from EJCycles. I think they were just sort of doing the minimal intrusion approach. And maybe trying to pacify me. I'm really not sure they even took my situation seriously. But, who can say what motivates people? I sure the heck can't.

I do like the pull of the lower gearing but if I had a choice in the matter I'd revert back to the stock or even go to the 42. (which I intend to do once this vibration thing is sorted out)

Its funny that first ride after not having the bike felt good because I noticed the added pick-up (i had already noticed a moderate increase just making the change to a cone air filter) but after the bike warmed the vibration kicked in and I knew there was gonna be a problem. I keep wanting to give everyone and everything the benefit of the doubt but it keeps coming back to haunt me.

If it turns out to be a bolt, I will let them know so they can keep that in mind if someone has a similar problem in the future.

I just don't think its a bolt because I've tried tightening all the motor bolts and they all feel solid. I guess I will have to remove them one by one as was suggested and check them all but damn man...that sux.

I don't want to complain to the dealer again until I know for sure 100% that all of the engine bolts are solid. Then I guess its a give it to them and it will be a sit around and wait game. All the while, my warranty is ticking away.

Maybe I should call AL and just be blunt about the situation and say hey, I bought from an authorized dealer, I bought a counterbalanced bike, my bike does not feel safe at this point, what are you going to do about it?

To me the vibe from a particular individual at the dealership is "its a chinese bike, what do you expect", but the dang thing is not right, its under warranty and it should be fixed.

GRRRR

And I have to agree (sorry AL if you are reading this but this is the God's honest truth), if you are going to corner the market on the Lifan's and force people to buy from your authorized dealers then you should be fair about honoring the warranty. Especially if you claim that other Lifan's are inferior.

For what I paid for this bike, I may have been able to get another brand china bike and a spare engine. would have...could have...should have.

enough of my whining..but you guys did encourage me to keep posting. so I will.

tomorrow I will update with info regarding bolt situation.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #27

i went to the same dealer as zapkin and i have no faith in them what so ever. sales dept. is ok but parts and service(at least a year ago) are sub par at best.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #28

Quote:
To me the vibe from a particular individual at the dealership is "its a chinese bike, what do you expect", but the dang thing is not right, its under warranty and it should be fixed.
"its a chinese bike, what do you expect"
WHAT, what does that have to do with anything!!! if it's warranteed it's warranteed PERIOD.
Them :"its a chinese bike, what do you expect"
my answer would have been :"it's a chinese bike with a warranty"

If they are going to use the sales gimick of "it's got a warranty" then they better be ready to stand behind it.

I understand a bit on how you feel about the dealer and it not being their fault but then again they started the business for better or worse and now they are in it and need to make it right.If they had picked a solid product to sell then they might not have to do as much work on them and they'd be sitting back making the easy money.

A.L. reimburses them for warranty work dont they?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:17 AM   #29

I'm really starting to hate A.L. and I don't even own one.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:14 AM   #30

Let me clarify that they did not actually say "its a china bike what do you expect" but I was a salesman myself and can generally pick up on insinuations.