Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #1

Vibes Getting Worse!!!

My bike has developed a vibration at all speeds. It is not present when bike is in neutral or clutch is pulled in. I checked all the bolts that mount the motor and they are all tight. The chain is okay. the vibration is bad enough to numb my hands and feet on the pegs.

i changed the oil a couple days ago. there were no particles in the oil whatsoever.

im stumped.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #2

All my bolts were tight too, but they didn't fit in the holes well and it allow the motor to shift around still.

Also make sure the chain isn't too tight or too loose.

Allen

Old 03-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #3

thing is..the engine feels smooth as can be when in neutral or clutch pulled in.

could this be my tranny? at only 1000km??

Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #4

Does it do it at take off, Or when the clutch is only slightly applied? Or is it only when the bike is at speed in gear?

Old 03-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #5

it feels like something is shifting positions as I take off. At first i thought perhaps the chain, but I had a buddy sit on bike and adjusted chain. Whether chain is loose or tight makes no difference in the problem. If I had to guess, I would guess that a weld is broken somewhere. Tomorrow I am going to take it apart again and see if I can spot a break anywhere. Then depending on my findings I will take it to the dealer and get their opinion.

I've never jumped it (i'd kill myself) or even done wheelies.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #6

Yeah if you get the tank and all plastics off you can inspect it good for cracks or loose/missing bolts... I never had any major problems with mine except for that one upper rear motor mount... Oh, and the battery tray cracked...

Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #7

It sounds to me like a loose engine, Hmmm.

Are you still using the stock engine mount bolts?

Hmmm, so have you checked for any excessive free play in the:
front/rear sprockets
rear sprocket mount to hub
counter shaft
swingarm bushings/bolt
rear wheel hub
rear axle bearings/bolt

If the engine is not bolted in RIGHT then just the torque from the engine is enough to move it around and once it loosens up the vibrations get much worse.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #8

Not to freak you out, but other members have complained about this vibration right before their tranny crapped the bed. For sure check bolts, welds, etc, but if all that looks good, I'd head back to the dealer with it and have it looked at. There has to be a reason if it just suddenly "developed", and a locked up tranny at 60mph isn't pretty 8O .
2006 Roketa RSX200E MODS: YZ250F Muffler, Airbox delete with K/N style filter, Main Jet reamed 2 sizes over, Yamaha R1 Rear clicker shock on custom scissor linkage making 8 3/4in. of rear wheel travel!!! Battery relocated under seat.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Not to freak you out, but other members have complained about this vibration right before their tranny crapped the bed.
The same thing happened to me. It was the tranny; a new motor under warranty fixed the problem.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #10

My tranny on the replacement Lifan motor took a dump, and I am selling the bike for parts! Good riddance bike, stranded me one too many times!! :x

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #11

Zap I was going to get you to search frosty's old posts on the transmission problems, really hope it's your engine mounts or sprocket/ N2r.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #12

well I took it to Wheeling Cycle and they checked it out. The chain was WAAAAYYY too lose and the clutch was way too tight. After adjusting the chain and clutch, the shudder on takeoff is pretty much gone. It seems the vibrations I am getting while riding is due to my rims not being true. Since I have no clue how to adjust them, I will now search this forum for info on it.

i feel like a total idiot now.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #13

BUT I definitely plan on changing out the engine bolts to more durable ones that will better fit the holes. If anyone has a counterbalanced motor and has done that mod, I sure could use some info on what bolts to purchase.

thanks..

Old 03-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #14

Dont feel like an idiot, your not, you just had a few things catch you offguard it's no big deal the main thing is to get your bike back right and safe.

If you want to know an idiot try prying me about my blunders-

Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #15

culcune two things disturb me. 1. you let a tranny ride your bike and 2. the tranny took a dump on it.

don't give up on the bike just because some tranny took a dump on it. wipe it off, take a long hot shower, and move on with life.

LOL sry