Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2008, 09:42 PM   #31

Neverminde lol I figured it out...

Old 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #32

Got my bike back today from Wheeling Cycle. New battery and valves adjusted (did not cost a dime) and it runs great. The bike sounds a lot better too. I just had to go for a ride, despite the crappy weather. I re-mounted my crate on the back, covered the name of the dairy with some electrical tape...hehe, and found some HUGE zip ties at the local hardware store with which to mount the crate. I doubt that there will be any problem keeping it on now.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #33

Today I took the bike out again. The mighty beast started easily and ran smooth. It is cold natured but now that the electric-start works perfectly, its all good. I have noticed that you must manually adjust idle up to a point where engine will idle (when cold)...then as the engine warms, turn the idle down to 1500. Keep in mind that this bike is stock.

I put about 45 miles on it today. I rode out into the country. The bike does well, but I find I need slightly taller gear ratio. I have had the bike at 65 indicated and it appears accurate, but will have to verify. I want to be able to cruise at 60 on level ground. I reckon a 42-tooth sprocket and some mods would make that happen.

I am definitely replacing these silly turn signals and am seriously considering some street tires. I just do not trust these multi purpose tires cornering at over 30 mph.

Including some city and country driving (somewhat hilly here in the Ohio valley) I got 71.6 miles per gallon. Pretty sweet!
Don’t worry; I converted the kilometers into miles before making my calculation. My mind sharp like dull razor. I saw one other bike out today, a big baby blue Harley parked in front of a bar. I nearly stopped, walked in and bought the rider a beer, then thought better of it and came home to my own beer, my recliner and my television. Happy Super Bowl Day to all !!!

GAS MILEAGE CALCULATOR
http://www.streetlookup.com/calculator/gasmileage.html

Old 02-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #34

zapkin,

Forest upstairs at wheeling cycles has some nice lighting options, as well as other good add ons. i got alot of stuff off him for mine.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #35

I you never plan to off-road then I would get a set of full street duty tires. They will last much longer and handle better in turns and wet pavement.

I like to take the trails so I kept the stock tires until the rear wore out and then I replaced it with a Duro Median from www.americanmototire.com

The duro is much better on the street and is a 60/40 tire. That is 60% on-road and 40% off.

I still have the stock front, but you can get the duro in a matching set and they are relatively cheap.

Allen

Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #36

last night i removed the digital speedometer from my mountain bike and today will install it on the lifan in order to verify my speedometer. I was careful to set the digital with the tire diameter of my front tire so that the readings will be accurate. Also, the digi has an odometer in miles (unfortunately it turns over at 1000)

Old 02-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #37

it didn't work...i need a spacer so that the sensor will sit closer.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #38

exploring shineray quality

Guys, can you email me direct with your opinions of the Shineray
motorbikes quality ? For example....enduros or the 200 cc
naked street. I personally feel the jap bikes are a rip off....just came
back from Yamaha and they want $3,199 for a 250cc v-twin.

My email is tkyper@verizon.net

Thanks...

Tom

Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #39

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Depends upon what you're plans are for the bike. If you're mechanically inclined and are looking for something to trailride with or run around town, then these are fine. I have a Shineray 200cc dirt bike myself. If you're looking at big air/mx or racing/lots of highway, a bigger jap bike will probably be the better choice, although as far as pure street, I don't have one and can't really comment.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter