Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #1

battery charging

How long should I charge my stock gy-5 battery if using a 2amp charger?

Old 01-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #2

9 ah battery/ 2ah charger= 4.25hr charge time ,or so
New bat. should charge overnight first time.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 01-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #3

thanks warrior. i love this website more and more every day. right now its 14degrees Fahrenheit and there is a part of me...not so far back in my head...that actually considers getting bundled up and going for a cruise, even if for mere moments. I got a disease and the only cure is more Lifan.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #4

I just ordered a couple of these Battery Tenders from J. C. Whitney for $23.99 each for my ATV and Bike. I already had one for my lawn mower battery. They work great, won't overcharge your battery.

I ordered a bunch of other crap today too. I'm so bored. Three day weekend and it's to cold to ride or wrench. So I spent all day online shopping.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #5

Those tenders are nice fer sure.

My boys 150 quad came with a chinese style one(charger/tender) with a fancy screw on connector. The quad has a built in female end near the rear fender. ("Zhejiang TOP " 12V- 1Ah, eq./changing -13.8V...float change -14.8V)
I'm not sure there is much of a charge system on this quad as the battery lasted overnight once when I first got it (charged overnight started good next day for awhile).I plan to upgrade to a larger batt than the 9ah batt. it came with.There is plenty of room for a "normal" size motorcycle batt. :o
Also I am not sure if the charger that came with it from China shuts down /reduces output or what...can't read chinese... The indicator light comes on and blinks after some time on the batt. I took this to be charging complete signal ...exept there was No juice to start quad at all.Maybe it is a fail signal??? Sorry to hijack thread, zapkin, but seeing this is a batt question we both could gain some knowledge.
The electric will start the quad if you try it after a little while running ,but you can't even leave it for 5 min. without being stone dead...must be batt. is my conclusion.

Anyways...to make long story short, I might have to invest in one of these nice battery tenders and garbage the chinese... :roll:
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 01-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #6

I remember as a kid some experiment we did with a potato and a lightbulb, do you guys think we might be able to rig something up similar to charge our batteries, perhaps a whole sack of potatoes or something?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #7

as far as thread hijacking, my forum etiquette is pretty weak and I appologize for it here. i am learning though. this site literally opened up a whole new way for me to enjoy life again, like I used to. I am going to start taking it apart though...i promise

ps I mean my life not the bike, what do you tink i am crazy? 8O

Old 01-20-2008, 11:07 PM   #8

I put one of these $10 on board chargers on my 200cc. It works great too. Takes about 4-5 hours to charge.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93258