Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #16

you would pay la sales tax also at time you get tag.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 02-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjoe View Post
This is to JerryHawk250. I see you are in Houma. I'm in Lafayette. I see in your OP that louisiana is gonna want the MCO, bill of sale and odometer disclosure statement. You said NOTARIZED MCO.... does the rest (BOS and ODS) have to be notarized also? I'm very familiar with how "particular" the OMV can be here in LA so I figured I'd try and get that part cleared up in my mind. Also was wondering if you knew what the procedure is if I were to purchase my RPS Hawk 250 online from a company in Texas? I found them from TXpowersport for about $1300 total ($1319), delivered to my door. How does that work with tax in LA? I'll pay tag and title in LA but not tax?
Jerry,
Only the MCO and BOS need to be Notarized. I purchased my Hawk from APSCUSA.com and came already notarized. You will pay the taxes when you register the bike. Glad to see another Louisiana member on here. Jerry, why do I feel like I'm talking to myself?
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #18

Good lookin out

Thanks for the heads up Azhule. I tried to check out with the Hawk and a helemet in my cart (txpowersports.com) using the AFFIRM option and for some reason they couldn't link my bank account. I contacted MANNY about the sitiatuation. This is a cut and paste of my original email.....

I tried using the link for affirm at checkout and it didn't work. said it couldn't confirm my card. are there any other ways for me to pay over time for the items I have in my cart other than affirm?

This was the reply I got (another cut and paste).......

You can Apply for Get Finance at our web site Txpowersports.com just add the item in your shopping cart. During checkout choose Affirm as your payment option thank you.

I'm guessing it was some kind of automatic reply but nonetheless was also a flag in my mind that perhaps I should be cautious spending $1300 of my hard earned cash with a company that doesn't read it's emails.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #19

Another question

Azhule gave me the heads up on TXPOWERSPORTS ("good lookin out" here in LAFAYETTE LA). I have read the other posts here @ chinariders about the pitfalls of the paperwork process when purchasing a chinese motorcycle. I am firmly in the camp that feels a little inconvenience on the paperwork side FAR outweighs the increased cost of buying a motorcycle in the conventional way.

Don't get me wrong, I bought a 2009 Kawasaki 500 KLTD last year from a guy here in Erath. Paid $2300 for an immaculate bike with 5400 miles on it. Got the bill of sale and the and title notarized the day of purchase (notarizing documents for vehicle purchases is a way of life here in LA). Guy left the plate on the bike. Plate transfer is ok in LA for motorcycles not automobiles. I rode the bike from Erath to Lafayette moments after purchasing it. After signing the bill of sale and title I called progressive and bought insurance ($82 for 12 months). So I was riding it completely legal from the get-go.

But I understand the process is going to be different this time around. For one it looks like I'm gonna have to buy the bike online from an out-of-state dealer. Would probably go with a local LA dealer to avoid the paperwork issues (or at least to help make them a little more seemless) knowing that I would be adding to the overall cost of the bike. But there are no local LA dealers for the RPS Hawk 250. So I'm willing to consider any suggestion for online dealers. I checked out JerryHawk250's suggestion of APSCUSA and they look competitively priced. $1399 delivered. About $100 more than TXPOWERSPORTS but without the headache. At least that is the way I am interpreting the suggestion so far. Any other suggestions?

Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #20

I am in the camp that feels you should stay away from 'Manny' but there have been good reviews about his companies--mainly from a few people buying Hawks. Ricky Power Sports (RPS) is headquartered in the Dallas area, and pretty much ANY online dealer is having the bike drop-shipped from RPS. In other words, he is the online dealer physically closest to RPS, and besides that, Adam Renkleff, the representative from RPS, is a member here and is easy enough to get hold of at RPS. It seems that APSCUSA is the one having issues with drop-shipping (and maybe shipping in general) lately. I think they had ordered a bunch of Hawks a year or so ago, and shipped them out of their shop directly. Once those ran out, so did their customer service, it seems, as they cannot keep track of drop-shipping. I feel comraderie in spirit with AZHULE, but his issue was not with a Hawk, it was with a sale priced Bashan that AZHULE is convinced (and it sure sounds like) was a floor model that was taken apart (he figured that part out from the apparently sun faded plastics), thrown into a box, and shipped to him, and 'Manny' would not make good on any of the parts that were damaged, and tried to insinuate that since he (AZHULE) had 'gotten such a good deal' he should be happy with the bike. Another member from Georgia had just recently had bought a Hawk, and was told at his local DMV office that he could not register it. He wrote a post here on Chinariders telling fellow members to NOT buy a Hawk from Manny if they live in Georgia, and Manny replied and actually insinuated that it was a buyer beware situation since he should have read the disclaimer. Yes, Manny is correct, but in the bigger picture, if I had a local AND mail-order business, I would most assuredly want my out of state buyers to be 100% certain they could register their Hawk assuming street riding/registration is on most peoples' minds. There are alternatives that Manny, himself, sells, so it is not like he has to lose a sale! I feel both of these members' pain, so will agree to be cautious, and see if there is a better alternative.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 02-12-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:12 AM   #21

Im hoping you can add illinois to your list soon from what the local DMV says im good to go once my paperwork arrives. MCO and Bill Of Sale and the new hawk will be titled and plated. The DMV even priced it for me 95 title 41 plate and 6% tax on purchase price. But the financial state of my state could have alot to do with the ease of it here. No notary no inspection just papers and cash. Ill update once i get my papers.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #22

Add WI
Q9 powersports registered mine over the phone once I had bike and vin number. Still have orginal certfact even of orgin untouched .
Swapped plates from another bike total cost to me was $69
Q9 Powersports in Madison , Wi does this all the time . They told me it is super easy for them. Brand new Wi title sitting within a foot of me right now .

Old 03-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrinder View Post
Im hoping you can add illinois to your list soon from what the local DMV says im good to go once my paperwork arrives. MCO and Bill Of Sale and the new hawk will be titled and plated. The DMV even priced it for me 95 title 41 plate and 6% tax on purchase price. But the financial state of my state could have alot to do with the ease of it here. No notary no inspection just papers and cash. Ill update once i get my papers.
Ordered a 50 cc scoot at same time as the hawk the papers for it came today but not the hawk stuff. Scoot legal in illinois now no prob dmv says same thing with the hawk once papers show. Totaled like 190 something just mco and bill of sale.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #24

In Massachusetts here. Just went to the insurance company and got it insured. Headed over to the registry to try for some plates. Will let you know if a couple hours. Insurance agent said I'll have no problems. We will see

Old 03-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #25

No problems. Registered and insured in Massachusetts. Plates in hand. No questions asked!!

Old 03-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #26

Illinois is confirmed need only bring bill of sale and mco 95 for the title 41 for the tag and 6 and one quarter percent of total price for tax which was 83 bucks tax for me. Welp glad thats over now wheres my warm weather.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #27

Illinois confirmed again (southern Il, Salem) have your bill of sale and MCO and checkbook. Make sure you MCO says motorcycle not dirt bike.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #28

successful ohio registration

had no trouble at all in ohio. Bring mco and bos to title department, needed no inspection. typically with an out of state vehicle, you must have a vin inspection. took my mco and bos to title department, paid taxes, and title fee. then straight to dmv. no issues with registration there. added the hawk to my current policy with progressive, no trouble there. had title and tags in hand within an hour. I purchased my hawk from txpowersports.com, and actually had a great experience. had the bike within 7 days of purchase, paper work within 14 days of purchase. registered and riding the road the next day. I bought the hawk and a tao db10 for my son in the same order, had an issue with the tao. leaking oil from left side engine cover. obvious factory defect in the cover. contacted "Manny". he asked a couple simple questions about the bike. he agreed to ship the parts at no cost under warrenty. received my tracking number the next day. parts should be here Saturday. sorry for the long post. first time posting.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrinder View Post
Illinois is confirmed need only bring bill of sale and mco 95 for the title 41 for the tag and 6 and one quarter percent of total price for tax which was 83 bucks tax for me. Welp glad thats over now wheres my warm weather.
im in a cornfield in illinois too right off of 80

Old 06-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #30

pa registration.

i have just recently come across the Hawk 250. I am looking for a good starter bike and I have some basic mechanic skills. so the hawk 250 looks like the right choice. its not old, beat up and questionable. or too expensive to dump (since it is possibly my first bike.) but when I just searched now to see if it can be registered in PA. I saw a ton of posts from 2015 saying it can not.. but.. at the top of this forum, it now says PA is SUCCESSFUL STATE NOW AS OF dec. 2016. does that mean Street legal? and if so.. can it be confirmed. could someone email me and let me know if PA is allowing the 2017 Hawk 250 to be a street legal motorcycle before I go buying one only to find out I cant ride it legally to work and back. thanks for your time all. my email is Musikisserenity@gmail.com