Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #16

Sorry back on topic, I fear that this thread may have gone off topic because of me.

If i'm not mistaken I think that Joe Berk may have watched the video and commented that it was nicely done. I love how CSC is involved in the forums and monitoring their products. This gives me hope that the RX3 will go far and become a mainstream motorcycle.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
I agree but I don't believe my GoPro's wide field of view and lack of detail over 200 ft would be good for spying on people. At 200 ft you can't tell if what your shooting is a dog, person, or funny shaped bush. People look like ants at altitude. Not everyone with a Quad copter is a Creep. But if one is then they all must be.

Not all motorcycle riders are in motorcycle gangs. But hey we got to deal with uninformed people everywhere we go.
To be clear, I'm not accusing you of anything inappropriate. I'm only stating that some rotten people have used drones for such things, and as a result, I can understand the temptation to shoot them down.

I'm fascinated by the whole FPV concept, and I hope you choose to start a thread about your RC stuff.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
I love how CSC is involved in the forums and monitoring their products. This gives me hope that the RX3 will go far and become a mainstream motorcycle.
I agree. As well, Joe strikes me as a real gentleman.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
To be clear, I'm not accusing you of anything inappropriate. I'm only stating that some rotten people have used drones for such things, and as a result, I can understand the temptation to shoot them down.

I'm fascinated by the whole FPV concept, and I hope you choose to start a thread about your RC stuff.
I went off on a bit of a rant there, what I meant to say is 99% of people in the hobby use them the way they should be used but its that 1% that ruin it for everyone else. The 99% get the hostile backlash and the 1% continue doing crazy things.

My apologies Weldangrind

Old 10-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #20

No harm, no foul, Tiger.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
No harm, no foul, Tiger.
From what I have been hearing Quad Copters and possibly other RC aircraft will have to each be registered with the FAA come November. Glad I switched my full time hobby back to motorcycle riding. Hobbies getting regulated out of existence is very depressing, I am glad I have my RX3.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:31 AM   #22

Another example of idiots creating an environment where rules must be formed. That sucks.