Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #346

Thanks, I will definitely look into that and let you know. There are still sub zero temps where I am at and it is going to be a bit till I can get some riding time in. I appreciate all the posts you have put up for your upgrades and look forward to see how your "project" progresses.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #347

Torque values from PR5 NC250

Name:  TorqueHead.JPG
Views: 548
Size:  53.7 KB

Old 02-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #348

A few more pictures from our ride today.

Clearest day. You could see mountains for hundreds of miles around.

Bike took a beaating and so did my bod.

Bike shrugged it off; I'm gonna be sore for a few days...

Old 02-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #349

That view is amazing. Good thing you have 4.1 gallon tank. I'm looking forward to riding out West someday.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #350

I installed the big bore kit last night on my lxr250f. It took me about 5 hours. I took my time trying to avoid any major installation failures. The rx3 service forum was awesome for top end disassembly/assembly, along with chonda's material.

I had similar wear on my piston with the 1000 miles i have on my bike. The rtc cylinder and piston quality is very good and installing the piston into the cylinder took a bit of effort.

I started the bike up this afternoon and after a bit of time turning it over it fired up. Im going to go through the heat cycle process and looking forward to seeing performance gains.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #351

Woohoo!!

Welcome to the BB PP club!!

Old 02-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAcid View Post
I installed the big bore kit last night on my lxr250f. It took me about 5 hours. I took my time trying to avoid any major installation failures. The rx3 service forum was awesome for top end disassembly/assembly, along with chonda's material.

I had similar wear on my piston with the 1000 miles i have on my bike. The rtc cylinder and piston quality is very good and installing the piston into the cylinder took a bit of effort.

I started the bike up this afternoon and after a bit of time turning it over it fired up. Im going to go through the heat cycle process and looking forward to seeing performance gains.
Did you use the stock base gasket, or swap in the one that came in the RTC kit?

Old 02-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #353

I used the one included in the kit.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:40 PM   #354

Interesting find today...

I installed a Zeta lowering link (write up here- http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20677 ) yesterday. This morning a friend called me and asked if I had another Honda CR125 shock I could "donate to the cause".

So I dug it out of the shed for him and took a picture. It sure looked close to the shock on the LXR:
Name:  CR125 ShockasideFastAce.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  88.9 KB

I even semi installed and it sure looks like a guy could swap them if he felt so inclined.

Name:  CR125 Shock.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  87.3 KB

Of course the downside is the Honda shock has a 16mm shaft vs. the FastAce 18mm and the Honda has a 46mm body vs. the 50mm FastAce.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #355

I ordered a 12t front sprocket yesterday and am waiting on a pair of KTM style folding mirrors that I ordered last week.

I realized as soon as I got on the trails that the stock mirrors had to go. My buddy leading the way decided we needed to duck under and around fallen trees & vines for the first part of the ride. I led the second area & showed him how the LXR preferred dancing through the rocks & boulders. The bike did great. The only issue I had was being rusty on my gear shifting on hill climbs. Maybe the 12t will help.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
I ordered a 12t front sprocket yesterday and am waiting on a pair of KTM style folding mirrors that I ordered last week.

I realized as soon as I got on the trails that the stock mirrors had to go. My buddy leading the way decided we needed to duck under and around fallen trees & vines for the first part of the ride. I led the second area & showed him how the LXR preferred dancing through the rocks & boulders. The bike did great. The only issue I had was being rusty on my gear shifting on hill climbs. Maybe the 12t will help.
I ran the 12 tooth on the Tour of Idaho for those very reasons. It makes it into a tractor, but doesn't mind being pinned out in first either.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #357

Rekluse LHRB on LXR250

First I want to say that I really, really struggled with doing this mod. It's expensive and I came up with several ways to do it for less, but in the end none of those ways were going to be as rock solid as something like brakes needs to be. Rekluse's engineering and R&D have substantial value.

Rule #1 - Never skimp on steering or brakes! Be it cars, trucks, ATV's, or dirtbikes.

The Honda kit bolted right up:

You can see where the new fitting fits into the rear brake master cylinder on the left side of this picture:

After going through the bleeding procedure it seemed to work well on the stand. No chance to test ride it yet as there are a few other items I want to address while the snow is covering the trails.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #358

Tusk Aluminum Brake Pedal Replacement Toe Tip

While at RMATV picking up some shock fluid (Yes, living close to them rocks sometimes) I picked up a Tusk Brake Pedal. These are designed for their house line of brake pedals, but looked close enough to try.

("Close enough" seems to be running theme in this thread!)

Stock pedal end:

Indeed, it nearly is a bolt on, except for the little groove they run on the top of their pedals:

You can see I broke out the dremel tool and ground a similar groove in the stock brake pedal from Pitster.

This allows the pedal to mount and centers the stock threaded hole exactly:

Here is a shot of my seriously mangled old pedal that I have straightened back out about 15 times next to the new "break away" style pedal:

We'll see how this works. I'm a little concerned about the way it rotates back not giving enough. On the pro side- extra traction on the pedal should be nice.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #359

And it's pretty.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #360

CCC, I'd love to hear more about the Rekluse system you chose. You said you chose the Honda kit; I presume that means only the rear brake portion with the shorty roll-a-click. Do you actually intend to install a Rekluse clutch? If not, may we see a pic of the shorty and the clutch lever together?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Tags
efi, fuel injection, lxr250, pitster