Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #1

What is it worth?

Hello all. I am new to the dual sport world and this forum. From what I have read, this seems to be a great place to gain and share info and knowledge. I have found a sierra 200 for sale. It is brand new. the owner had bought a dozen wholesale and this is the last one. There was a divorce and the wife got the bike. I am not sure of the year, as she is looking for the manufacturers title sheet. I will assume older like '06. What would be a fair offer to her?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #2

No title/paperwork. I would not offer much. If she can produced paperwork for it offer $600. It is still an old nonrunning bike. The vermont title might be your option for registration.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #3

I don't get the feeling that it's non-running. If everything is indeed brand new, I'd go as high as $900 with a title. Without a title, $750.00. As Kato says, there's always Vermont.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #4

$750 would be my max with $600 my starting offer. At least get a bill of sale from the seller.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #5

$750 max for as new condition? Wow, you drive a hard bargain haha.

I paid far more than that for my rusty old banger of a 2007 GY-A.

Then again things are more expensive down here in NZ and I am gullible.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #6

Turns out it is an '08. It is in her ex's name. she found registration, but no title. She is going to go to dmv with reg and divorce papers and see if she can get title replaced. Battery is dead, will not kick over, but has been sitting a while. has 2013 tabs though.

Thanks for the info. Does any one know what they sold for new in '08?

Old 08-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #7

Spud paid around $900 delivered, but they were typically more than that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #8

If you can get a title and the bike doesn't have mechanical problems, the Zongshen Sierra is a great little motorcycle. I currently have over 66,000 miles on my Zong's odometer.

I paid $950 for my Zong, new in-the-crate, from a seller on the Seattle Craigslist who imported them, and sold them out of his garage. I arranged for a shipping company to transport the bike to Idaho, which cost me an additional $238.

Some members of these forums bought Zongshen Sierra bikes for $1,000, delivered; that was the best deal yet.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
If you can get a title and the bike doesn't have mechanical problems, the Zongshen Sierra is a great little motorcycle. I currently have over 66,000 miles on my Zong's odometer.

I paid $950 for my Zong, new in-the-crate, from a seller on the Seattle Craigslist who imported them, and sold them out of his garage. I arranged for a shipping company to transport the bike to Idaho, which cost me an additional $238.

Some members of these forums bought Zongshen Sierra bikes for $1,000, delivered; that was the best deal yet.
Spud,
Did your bike ship from Graham, WA?

It might be the same lot of bikes that this one came from. I am in Tacoma, WA, and will not have to pay shipping!!! If I can get it started, I can ride it home. Assuming she finds the title.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #10

If she can get a title and the bike runs then I would go more. Maybe $900. Not being able to to start it works to your advantage.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewZongFoo View Post
Spud,
Did your bike ship from Graham, WA?

It might be the same lot of bikes that this one came from. I am in Tacoma, WA, and will not have to pay shipping!!! If I can get it started, I can ride it home. Assuming she finds the title.
I bought my Zong in the summer of 2008, and promptly joined these forums. I think my seller was unmarried, and is no longer selling motorcycles.

If you buy this Zong, you might enjoy reading the threads in the Zong Sticky, located at the top of this forum.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6051

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894