Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2016, 05:33 PM   #1

The things people leave in the road...

Well, I was finishing up a few things on a 1992 Honda Accord EX and it needed a "test drive" to make sure everything was good to go...

As I'm driving down the road... something catches my eye in the middle of the road and I need to stop to either push it off the road, or try and pack it into my tiny car to figure out what I can do with it when I get home...

Well... just my luck!!! It fit on the back seats!!! and with room to spare

I get home and get to work on my new toy... a *2008 year model (can't find any stickers on it) "Toro 22 inch push mower" with a "Seized" engine...

So I do what I also do with a "Seized Briggs Engine"... first off I make sure the Mower Bolt is torqued to spec... after that I check for leaks in the gas tank and add 1oz of my 'Super Secrete Fuel Cleaner' to a full tank of gas if no leaks are found...

Then I check the oil level, color, and condition... next I pull the spark plug, tip the mower so I can pour my 'Super Secrete Anti Engine Seizing Oil' into the spark plug hole (fill it to the brim), reinstall the spark plug... let it sit for 15 minutes to an hour and grab some Hot Tea while you wait (this time I had Yerba Mate Tea with a 15 minute wait period)

Come back and tip the mower to get to the "Mower Blade/Bolt" to get some extra leverage to help spin the "Seized" engine...

and BOOM! It spins free, so I try and fire it up... and starts right up!!! I instantly stop it as I haven't even changed the nasty tar like oil

After draining the black oil, I filled with fresh Rotella T6 5-w40 and a splash of Neutra to help clean any sludge in the engine.

I now have another working mower! I ran it for over an hour and it didn't even burn a drop of oil ?!? Only thing it needs... a new air filter and the spark plug is working, but it's a cheapo Champion RJ19 Copper... so it will also get changed...

Total cost for my "New Mower"... 30 cents worth of Fuel Cleaner and Engine 'Antiseize'... $2.75 for an oil change... and maybe $10 for a new air filter and spark plug... was under $15 to turn "Someone's trash into my working treasure"

Why someone would toss a "perfectly good" mower on the roadway because they thought the engine is seized is beyond me... I have seen these little Briggs engines abused/overheated/seized beyond belief... let them cool down and they will start right back up if you know what to do

* Found a lonely sticker with all the info I needed, 2008 year model "Made in Mexico"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Last edited by Azhule; 09-10-2016 at 06:44 PM.