Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #1

Question Zongshen RX3 : Unexpected Dead Engine in a deep forest tour

Hola; fella riders, I hope you guys are doing great,

I jut finished up reading few threads by spud for trouble shooting RX3 as I just came back from a exhaustive long tour, nevertheless it went excellent but I had to manage a serious problem which occurred in My RX3 along whole tour in order to complete it and come back home on it...

BACKGROUND # The bike creates a "bzzzzzzz" sound when you "ON" the engine cutoff on right side handle grip... for a while when the needles are moving on speedo meter as well.. and then bike EFI red Icon shows up in order to indicate that bike is ready to fire up the engine.. MY bike does the same every time I urn on that button before starting it as well..

PROBLEM# BUT on 3rd day of tour on a fine morning I turned on same button and noticed that sound did not occurred I ignored and continued to load the camp and sleeping bang and fill up the trunk.. finally I hope on to seet and pressed self start butting.. bike did cranked like trying to start up but nothing happened..

I switched on/off the ignition button again but no sound came again... I asked for push start to fellow rider we pushed it but no success..

then I hopped off checked all electric jacks and wires to fine any losing but every thing was firm and fine, i tried ignition switch on/off several times again.. no success..

then we removed the seat got access to EFI component and checked its jacks they were firm as well.. then we tried more on/Off

then I tried 3 cycles on/Off to get any DTC code but no code appeared... indicating EFI is fine.. after half an hour we were sitting and trying to release that the Chinese bike is dead... the bike out of no where created that "BZZZZ" of fuel pump... (no one was fiddling with the bike and bike was assembled and tried to fire up... with no success) the only thing was that bike was switch on and left after hope less attempts...

after we noticed the BZZZZ I went and pushed the start button and it started..

for next 3 days I faced the same behavior ... it will die here ever it likes... now I am home but I have no idea what is wrong with it..

I do plan to dissemble its whole tank and all wires and clean all jacks and wire it up again , check fuel filter, as no error codes are shown till now... so I am pretty sure some things lose in wiring... lets see how much success I get after this exercise..

My question to fellows here is that did this happened to any one else... ?

If feul pump do not BUZZZZ 'z'z'zzzz on start up check what does that indicates ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20170806184805 - Copy.jpg (97.4 KB, 574 views)

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap