Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
Banned

Really? CSC Cancelled my order? hehe jeez!

The PM as follows:
Order Cancellation
Mr. Hill:

We were disappointed with the outcome of the time our CEO spent with you yesterday.Steve took nearly an hour away from his other significant responsibilities to explain our approach (an unprecedented action for a motorcycle company CEO, but not at all unusual for us).He explained to you that we are not using authorized service centers.Had you listened, you would have understood that if someone who purchases an RX3 has a warranty issue and they choose not to do the work themselves, we will locate a repair facility in their area and arrange for the warranty repair.That is different than an authorized service center.It was difficult for us to discern exactly what you were attempting to communicate, but we think the purpose of your conversation yesterday was that you want to become a CSC service center.That will not happen.

After Steve spent an hour answering your questions in an extended telephone conversation, your next actions included a series of posts in which you essentially accused us of duplicity. You continued with a series of posts slandering CSC, including the most recent one in which you took issue with the price of our oil filters.

So, let’s see if I understand this correctly.You had an opportunity to buy a new motorcycle with a 2-year, unlimited mileage warranty for approximately half the price of the least expensive adventure touring motorcycle.The price includes a free service manual, luggage, windshield, guards, a 300-watt alternator, accessory outlets, etc.You have free access to online maintenance tutorials.You had free access to our CEO.Your response to all of this was to essentially call us liars and complain about a $12 oil filter.

As a consequence of yesterday’s events, and at my recommendation, we’ve decided that our approach to market and our company are not right for you.We have reversed the charges on your credit card and we are no longer willing to sell you a motorcycle.

Joe Berk

My answer:
I thought this was a BUSINESS. I didn't know it was a childrens "sand box" where the spoiled kid goes wwwhhhaaah and takes off home with his "toys".
His way (drink the coolaid and ignore any lies or false advertising) and don't DARE point out the $12.00 PLUS shipping oil filter pricing, and not being comfortable with having NO other choices for parts purchase in a place somewhat close to where I keep the bike, 2000+ miles away from CSC. I also want to KNOW what labor rate (if any) will be paid for warranty work, ESPECIALLY since the published info from CSC is admittedly a falsehood! (No "authorized service centers now, and none necessary in the future") SO CHANGE the writing to something that honestly reflects CSC intentions! (Or newbies will suit, guaranteed)! I think I was factual and honest with what I wrote. YMMV.

I don't like the situation anyway, especially after this unprofessional behavior, so would have cancelled anyway, and gone back to a used WRR 250 I KNOW what to expect.

I have no hard feelings, and want everyone to be aware of the misstatements by CSC. Then you make your own INFORMED decisions, newbies or those not wanting to (or capable of doing) warranty repair.
ANyway, thats it for me. Hope I save some grief (and expense) for someone expecting what they say in their advertising the bikes.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
Banned

Be carefull, guys!

I appreciate the support, but please keep it to PM's. Otherwise your bike may be cancelled as well!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #3

I fail to see where CSC made a misstatement. To me, they seem very clear about locating a repair facility and arranging for warranty repair as necessary.

I'm not challenging you, I'm sharing my perspective.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
Banned

I understand.

Everyone has a different outlook, thats the USA way. I hope you understand my concers re MY situation riding back. I wanted, no NEEDED to know what they would pay (like every other warranty has to). They said unnecessary. Thats my opinion, necessary, for me, anyway, so I cancelled the trip.Personally, they are going to pay a Jap, German, or Harley dealer anything, IMHO, ever. Those dealers are threatened by Chinese bikes in general, much less this one. Think, really? they will be "fair" even with someone in a jam, warrantied by a start up in California? No way! again, MHO, and YMMV, but you are in a different situation health wise than I am as well (which I openly shared in my reasons to cancel) if you read the post.

His NOT paying my account back DOES NOT SIT well with me, though. More BS! Hopefully not dishonesty. Discover has a copy of the PM/Cancellation, though. So I SHOULD get it back if they stay solvent long enough...

Old 03-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #5

I encourage you to give the refund process at least 24 hours.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-04-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
Banned

OK, will do

Thats fair. BUT another transaction (I paid my bill) an hour earlier yesterday is posted already, and not in pending. The guy said if there had been a electronic transferr (like I paid with) it would have shown up as pending at least immediately. I CERTAINLY would not be playing games with this, but them thats me.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #7

Quote:
approximately half the price of the least expensive adventure touring motorcycle
250 comparison examples. Carbs are pretty much generic . . as compared to "proprietary" fuel injection system components.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #8

Credits and refunds to credit card payments take up to 3 days to post is what every retailer will tell you. I have no idea why, must be a credit card company process of some sorts.

/

Old 03-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #9
Banned

Ok thanks

Funny (not how the charges show up in 15 minutes (or less)! Thats what I'm gonna do, even though Discover rep said it should show up in pending, immediately. No use getting BP up until positive somethings amiss/awry! Especially when on these meds!

Old 03-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
No use getting BP up
My thoughts exactly. We have no reason to assume that you won't get a proper refund.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #11
Banned

Thanks for the info,

Mike and adjuster, It is there today. Didn't get done till yesterday date, for some reason. Anyway, not a problem now.
Again, Thanks as I have plenty to deal with already anyways..whew!
And, a good friend found a WR 250 Yammie and a DRZ 400 for 3000, well 28 DRZ and 3100 WR, so a wash, really for me, and I really like the Yamaha anyway. Its got 8000 miles, and an IMS 3.5G or therabouts tank, a tank bag he's including, and has it wired for GPS and heated accessories already, so save all that hassle as well. I already have soft bags(use/swap off/on my SVS 650) and a tail box (from an old scooter thats blue, also, so I'm pretty happy about now its worked out so well for me, really. Do the right thing, and sometimes, things work out (sometimes not too, though! hehe)
Hope everything goes well for you guys bikes as well. I always said and thought the Zongs were fine, and should last as long as any bike out there once debugged, if any, (like ANY new bike and design, from ANY manufacturer.)

IF I lived in Cali, could afford to ride BAHA with the group time and other wise, Bike would be "debugged" after the 1000+ miles trip., I'm confident of that. I'd have been OK going through with the ride and purchase, probably, as I feel confident CSC will fix them in their facilities if a internal engine issue comes up (or anything needing shop level tools I couldn't do myself), I think, at first at least.

On my own, (riding back across country), being stuck at some dealer thats a hater of other brands, especially Chinese bikes, not comfortable anyone BUT me would end up paying for a repair I couldn't do on the road.

Without the labor and hourly charges the'd pay (to help negotiating and to KNOW my exposure max if things didn't work out, especially after the deception re independent dealers/approved service centers issues, not too trusting after that, especially when they were uninterested in changing the wording of warranty and sales info to reflect the new or real policy that they have in place.
ANyway GL with your bikes, and ride safe! Maybe see you "out there", sometimes.