Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #1

got hit!

right in the left side. caught it out of the corner of my eye in time to raise my left foot. big ol coon ran right into me! bent the hell out of the shifter. shifted with my heel till i got back home. bfh fixed the shifter right back into place.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 10-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #2

Lol, Well? Did the coon make it? Lol just consider yourself lucky that you didn't crash. My brother in law nailed a big dog once and just about totaled his Harley
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #3

my mate years ago ran into a swarm of bees....
pissed off bees are not fun...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 10-20-2017, 01:21 AM   #4

i was on my way to eat and it was dark so i didnt see where he went but he wasnt in the road when i came back. i see deer in that same place at night all the time thats what worries me that would hurt.
2009 johnny pag bar hog

Old 10-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
I see deer in that same place at night all the time thats what worries me that would hurt.
I nailed a deer about a month ago. Riding in Volcano is like riding through a petting zoo.
Came darting out from a creek with brush that hung over the road. A nanosecond time to react. Fortunately I was coming off a steep hill riding the brakes. I caught it in the rear end and spun the deer around like a top. The RX3 handled it well.....but I chalk it up to more luck than anything.

Glad to hear your bike is ok. Can't say so much for the coon!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #6

Yeah, that could have been way worse! If all it cost was a messed up shifter, then it makes for a great story lol. I ran over a Possum with the back wheel of my Goldwing - the bastard ran out and I missed him with the front wheel (thankfully), which was enough force to make the rear wheel leave the ground for a couple of seconds... felt like an hour. Glad I didn't do whatever the wrong thing to do in that situation was lol.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #7

I have to laugh because I hit a dog the other night. I don't think I mentioned that I work as an independent contractor for a local courier company here in the Yuma metropolitan area (much, much bigger that you would think since it includes miles of county areas) after my day job. I had a delivery out in California (Yuma is on the California state line as well) in a way out place. Most of what I courier is food from restaurants that don't usually deliver (think Doordash, Ubereats, Grubhub, Postmates, etc). The customer I had delivered to several times lives on a 2-lane road several miles north of Yuma. This customer lives near a 'terror' dog (Chihuaha) that chases me for several hundred feet. I always have this dog on my mind. What I wasn't prepared for was a much larger dog about 2 miles out. It dashed across the road, and started chasing me, as well as its buddy, and I was able to outrun both of them. Well, on the way back following the drop off (and getting chased a second time by the reliable neighbor's Chihuhua). I forgot where I saw the larger dogs, and sure enough, out of the darkness, came the terror, and BUMP! as it tried biting my scooter, I felt a solid thud of my kickstand hitting the dog squarely in the head at about 50 mph. I glanced back but only could see the second dog trying to pick up where its (fallen?) buddy had relented, so I dared not double back. If it makes anyone feel better, the customer ordered something else, and I reluctantly took the order, but where I remembered hitting the dog, there was no sign of anything and I did look both ways both going to the customer's home and on my way back to Yuma following the second delivery.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I have to laugh because I hit a dog the other night. I don't think I mentioned that I work as an independent contractor for a local courier company here in the Yuma metropolitan area (much, much bigger that you would think since it includes miles of county areas) after my day job. I had a delivery out in California (Yuma is on the California state line as well) in a way out place. Most of what I courier is food from restaurants that don't usually deliver (think Doordash, Ubereats, Grubhub, Postmates, etc). The customer I had delivered to several times lives on a 2-lane road several miles north of Yuma. This customer lives near a 'terror' dog (Chihuaha) that chases me for several hundred feet. I always have this dog on my mind. What I wasn't prepared for was a much larger dog about 2 miles out. It dashed across the road, and started chasing me, as well as its buddy, and I was able to outrun both of them. Well, on the way back following the drop off (and getting chased a second time by the reliable neighbor's Chihuhua). I forgot where I saw the larger dogs, and sure enough, out of the darkness, came the terror, and BUMP! as it tried biting my scooter, I felt a solid thud of my kickstand hitting the dog squarely in the head at about 50 mph. I glanced back but only could see the second dog trying to pick up where its (fallen?) buddy had relented, so I dared not double back. If it makes anyone feel better, the customer ordered something else, and I reluctantly took the order, but where I remembered hitting the dog, there was no sign of anything and I did look both ways both going to the customer's home and on my way back to Yuma following the second delivery.
Damm!!

The worst I've done is run over a squirrel's tail lucky sob.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-21-2017, 01:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Damm!!

The worst I've done is run over a squirrel's tail lucky sob.
At least you can eat squirrel...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
At least you can eat squirrel...
That got me think about a dog on a spit but found this instead...more unrelated banter

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/...vernepator-cur
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
That got me think about a dog on a spit but found this instead...more unrelated banter

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/...vernepator-cur
Maybe they roasted squirrels using those dogs??!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-21-2018, 12:37 AM   #12

almost hit a bison out in yellowstone last summer. doing 25mph and just as i got to him he wheeled around and crossed the road his tail almost hit my left hand. should of patted him on the butt as i passed.
2009 johnny pag bar hog

Old 02-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #13

I'm thinking if you hit a bison all it would do is piss him off.... those things are huge and you just can't appreciate how big til you're up close to one

Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #14

Worst thing I've hit on a bike was a moose. That was about 5 years ago in Alaska on my touring bike. I'll take a raccoon any day.