Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt

Old 05-17-2017, 03:34 AM   #1

Irate Making the Apollo 250rx street legal

Hey guys I'm dying to get this bike to ride on the road so I can just take my bike to the trails I wanna ride and then ride home. I can't even think about how fun that would be. Please someone direct me toward what will work to make my
Bike legal. I'm looking for the bare min needed in Washington state to drive on the road which is 1 Mirrior, 4blinkers, tail light. And that's all I need to get going

I've looked around on eBay but I'm not sure what would work with this bike
Thank you for taking the time to read it and help me out!

Old 05-17-2017, 05:18 AM   #2

What's ur budget?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #3

I do not know your abilities ,but assuming you are not an electrical guy there are kits available to add those features to atv' to make them street legal .If you are electrically handy ( why would you ask the question if you were ?) ,you will need some wire ,a signal switch ,turn signal assemblies ,a fuse holder and fuse ,and a flasher unit or a turn signal relay .You can purchase a universal tailight assembly ,or buy a fender with one built in like a competition enduro bike .You probably don't have a brake light switch so normally you would need one for both the front and rear wheels as well .The mirror is also available as a universal unit including the mount .You have not asked about a headlight ,once again there is a universal kit available ,I have been happy with the polisport plastics kits for the money but there are certainly other options available to you .
If you really like getting dirty ,you might try a motorcycle salvage yard ,and if that is not available your local Craigslist for used parts .
Another thing not mentioned is a horn .

Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #4

I guess I should of mentioned that doing this is assuming you have a capable stator and electrics on your bike already .

Old 05-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I guess I should of mentioned that doing this is assuming you have a capable stator and electrics on your bike already .
Stator are 100% capable for the job... Apollo = an assembler that orders engine... Lightweight dirt only stator = NOT economic for those giant engine maker...
http://store.orionmotors.nl//advance...sort=2a&page=1 had facts

Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I do not know your abilities ,but assuming you are not an electrical guy there are kits available to add those features to atv' to make them street legal .If you are electrically handy ( why would you ask the question if you were ?) ,you will need some wire ,a signal switch ,turn signal assemblies ,a fuse holder and fuse ,and a flasher unit or a turn signal relay .You can purchase a universal tailight assembly ,or buy a fender with one built in like a competition enduro bike .You probably don't have a brake light switch so normally you would need one for both the front and rear wheels as well .The mirror is also available as a universal unit including the mount .You have not asked about a headlight ,once again there is a universal kit available ,I have been happy with the polisport plastics kits for the money but there are certainly other options available to you .
If you really like getting dirty ,you might try a motorcycle salvage yard ,and if that is not available your local Craigslist for used parts .
Another thing not mentioned is a horn .
The wiring isn't gonna be the problem, my main concern is to get stuff that will work for my bike and honestly I'm trying to stay around 50$ on parts total. I know what I'm doing. If I'm not mistaken the Apollo is prewired for the tail light

Old 05-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #7

From what I've seen on our Apollo's from having them apart and together so many times, I haven't seen any wiring for head or tail lights on them. You would have to purchase a wiring harness for that. Easiest way to do that is what Bruce's mentioned about a universal tail light and wire it yourself. The taillights can be had on ebay for $10. You can use the one switch on the front brake for a brake light and have to get another switch for the foot. Turn signals would be a whole other thing. You would have to get the switch and the lights. Best way to wire all them is to get a fused distribution block so you only have one wire coming from the battery then have it split to all your lighting from the block. Best of luck with getting it road legal, I was considering it but didn't want the hassle of getting it titled and doing all the lights. Here in West Virginia we can ride on the shoulder or as close as we can get to the side of the road if there isn't a shoulder for 10 miles on a lined road, except interstate highways. Most roads where I live are un lined or dirt and we can ride ATV, sidexside and dirtbikes all day on them without making the bikes street legal.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #8

I use parts from Banggood.com and Aliexpress.com to make dirt bikes legal here in MI

Old 10-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #9

I will be doing the same to mine but with these parts already available for the Apollo 250RX Xtreme. The plastics should be interchangeable between the normal 250rx and the deluxe or xtreme edition. Only issue would be finding a vendor to buy it from. As soon as I find them I will let you know if you haven't already bought something different.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #10

Old 10-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #11

Old 01-27-2018, 09:23 AM   #12

Have you had any luck finding these parts? I had the same idea but cannot locate parts.