Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
That's it. I just didn't want to put the effort in at that point anymore. Mostly I was aggravated I bought a non-running bike with no compression and then spent $ on it's ignition system only to then find out it needed a top end too.

It's a good looking and seemingly comfortable bike, and should have Zong like relaibility but on this forum people have not had good experiances with them. Mostly ignition and piston problems.
This bike hasn't had any issues so far with the ignition, and I'm hoping that it doesn't have any major issues other than a couple seals being worn or burnt in the top end. This bike is really just one to keep me busy and get me from point a to point b when the weather is nice or when I don't want to drive my car with a serious drinking problem. in the event that the compression is poor still after a decent rebuild, ill end parting it out as most of the parts on the bike are in mint condition and I've got custom painted ferrings ha.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #17

Going to be tackling this in a couple hours after work. Does anyone know what the ideal compression should be? Also, are there any other engines that share the same gaskets so I might be able to quickly obtain replacements?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #18

Not sure; I'm only guessing at around 9:1. I'm curious to see the piston and cylinder. I'm wondering if the skirt is too short, which caused rocking and scoring. If that's the case, a new piston and cylinder will be a temporary fix, but it will certainly run well enough to sell it. That said, I'd never stick a buyer like that without first explaining the situation.

Once you have the head removed, we can get a better idea of which gaskets would fit. Pics please.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #19

i will hopefully get some good photos of all the parts. I want to create a decent resource for some people on the forum. I do intend on selling this bike in the very near future, not because of the condition of the bike, which is actually pretty good, but because I'm ready to move up in the food chain. I want to get something 600-750cc for a decent price as my commute involves a good bit of interstate riding I'm tired of getting blown around so much by truckers and I'm concerned about the reliability of this bike... ANYWAYS totally different thread for that whole situation. I'm about to get off of work, so I will report back shortly.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #20

if you unit uses the engine designation "2v49" a multitude of units have interchangeable gaskets & hard parts... i have actually "big bored" a 2v49 for my vento. (which also uses the 2v49 engine)

Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #21

update

I have been seeing on other forums that this is a fairly common issue. They're saying that at higher rpms, the Carb is pulling in air so quickly that it is creating a venturi effect which is creating a vacuum within the airbox sucking the oil into the cylinder. This seems very accurate with my issue. The fix that I've seen suggested has been a fitment of a small breather on the vent. Tips eliminates the pull on the vent tube, but I'm slightly concerned that this vent was placed there with more of a purpose than emissions.

Either way, I will be rebuilding the top end..I have ordered a rebuild kit that comes with a head gasket, piston, piston ring, piston pin, cylinder, cylinder gasket, air filter, and fuel float for 204 shipped. The second two are needed repairsthat I decided to get parts for while I was already paying shipping. The whole rebuild kit was 160 just for reference.I will update again as soon as I receive the parts.

Any opinions on the breather idea?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #22

on the breather idea... install it as close as possible to the crankcase, mount it vertically, and put the "inlet" end towards the engine... the idea being to allow the condensed vapors(now oil) to drain back into the engine, and not be trapped in the canister. use as large a filter as possible also, to allow free flow back & forth...

Old 01-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #23

That would be the idea for sure.

One more thing, I've been told that this bike uses 10w40 oil and that the engine, crankcase, and transmission all share the same oil reservoir. I was also told, which I am assuming to be incorrect, that this bike only requires .25L oil. This must have been some sort of misunderstanding due to the fact that I've removed more than just that from my airbox alone!

Anyone know the correct amount of oil and could anyone else confirm the type as well?

Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #24

I would say that it holds about 1 quart. At least that would be a good starting point. Most of the china 200s are a quart.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #25

That sounds about right. Thanks

Anyone know if the reservoirs are all connected?

Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #26

Most CB's are 1 liter so 1.1 qts or so. I don't remember my Zongs but I think it was the same.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #27

oil should be 10w 40 for your location (florida, right?) oil capacity is 1.4 liters

Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #28

I'll just purchase two quarts just to be safe. Ha

I'm in North Georgia though.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #29

anyone know what this is? perhaps a condensation catch for the oil?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #30

Maybe some sort of positive crankcase ventilation valve? PCV for short . Basically a one way valve so that crankcase gasses can be expelled but it wont suck air back in when there's a vacumn. I'm just guessing though, kind of what it looks like to me, hopefully someone that knows for sure will post a reply.